It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dumb does one have to be...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Possible, I suppose... But I've my doubts. One, he's a pretty smart guy--even if I only agree with him part of the time

Two, avatars usually mean something to us, otherwise, what's the point?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How do you feel when forced to justify it, as is happening right here?

I was not forced to justify it. I chose to. I could have simply ignored it and went about my business.

That's how I feel when forced to justify why I fly a 'racist' flag.

You are not forced to justify it. You choose to. You could have simply ignored it and went about your business.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I am first generation American, from California

Your parents immigrated from California to America?

Sorry, that was just toooooooooo easy.

But I do agree with your post. Well said!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Cloth/paper cover the rock, the rock smashes the scissors, and the scissors cuts the cloth/paper.

So the scissors would be a destructive opposition to American Liberties & Freedoms. AKA those sellout politicians that have sold us out to the highest bidder (mainly globalists & other powerbrokers who do not have American interests at heart)

Great analysis my friend.
A star 4 U

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You are not forced to justify it. You choose to. You could have simply ignored it and went about your business.

Actually, yes I am. One cannot ignore a push as intense as the one to remove all traces of the War of Northern Aggression or the Confederacy from history; I have heard people calling for the Confederate Battlejack to be illegal.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Actually, yes I am. One cannot ignore a push as intense as the one to remove all traces of the War of Northern Aggression or the Confederacy from history; I have heard people calling for the Confederate Battlejack to be illegal.

TheRedneck

Then those people are idiots and I refer back to my first post in this thread. I don't understand why people get so worked-up about these symbols. No matter how hard people push against these symbols of history, they cannot change history.

I think making it illegal to display the battlejack would be an encroachment on your freedom of expression.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

On that we agree.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That's because those folks are, all too often, parroting an agenda. It sounds good to them, but they've not bothered to peer beneath the shiny exterior to see the agenda.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: NthOther

Possible, I suppose... But I've my doubts. One, he's a pretty smart guy--even if I only agree with him part of the time

Two, avatars usually mean something to us, otherwise, what's the point?

I appreciate the kind words and, yes, I do understand how the clenched-fist has been used symbolically in the past.

It seems clear to me that the creator of the image which I choose to make my avatar used that symbol in regards to solidarity among introverts in a humorous way, considering their personality type. I couldn't care less if others see it as some sort of reference to the BPP or any other context.

I recognize the slight humor in the image and have explained why I chose it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You know, we tend to disagree on a lot of issues, but on this one... nice to be standing by your side.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Which leads back to the title of the thread...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I think it's a great avatar, frankly. Very recognizable. Some avvy's I avoid, some I don't. You generally fall into the latter category.

So don't change it!!! You'll mess me all up.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

This rock remembers a time.

The whole thread should have given you the hint.

This is just a piece of rock. It remembers nothing, it is inanimate, not alive, neither is it dead since it has never been alive so that it could die and therefore it is neither living nor dead, it never had these options.

It is a rock.

What this thread is about ... in reality ... is that my pet rock is better than your pet rock. A rock is a rock is a rock.

Interesting if you go through this thread and replace the word 'rock' or 'statue' with the word 'God'.

It would still be the same thread.

P

P

edit on 12/8/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous

originally posted by: ElOmen
Idol wotship

Idiots Worship?

Idols of little significance. History should be rembered, not worshiped or erased. Remberance of the good the bad and the ugly. All elments of history are required for an encompassing direction of the future.

I know, how else can we know where we been?

Seems like some people want groundhogs day. Been there done that, again!

Symbology is a powerful thing. Ask Sigmund and Carl.

It really is the thing that separates us from the animals.

edit on 8 12 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Welcome to the powerful world of the symbol.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You know, we tend to disagree on a lot of issues, but on this one... nice to be standing by your side.

TheRedneck

I'd be standing by your side each and every time people try to suppress your freedoms.

I may not agree with what you choose to do with them, but the day I do not stand with you is the day they come come for my freedoms as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I think it's a great avatar, frankly. Very recognizable. Some avvy's I avoid, some I don't. You generally fall into the latter category.

So don't change it!!! You'll mess me all up.

That is why I chose it. It's easy for me to spot when I try to pick up on the flow of conversations.

Now I will consider changing my avatar just to be a pain in your ass.

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The obvious solution is to ban rocks.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The obvious solution is to ban rocks.

What about my right to have a pet rock. Will you at least grandfather in my all important pet rock?

Rocks have feelings too you know.

You do understand what humans do to rocks ... they turn them into gravel.

While you admire or hate that particular statue, please consider the amount of that rock that was chiseled off, torn asunder from itself to be thrown away.

How would you like it if I tore off a part of your body!

It should be obvious that a rock is a rock is a rock.

IS there any chance, no matter how small, that a rock could be alive.

If you ban the rocks, they will have a huge sit in. Because ... that is all they can do.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join