It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Back when the whole gay marriage debate was raging, I was assured by everyone who supported normalization, that more people wouldn't become gay/lesbian/bi/trans. After all, "its not something you choose," they said. Well, you were wrong. I was right. Hahaha. (I'm not actually laughing, this is quite sad).

Of course their reassurances were based on nothing more than wishful thinking and ignorance. We all know, no one acts in a vacuum and if you normalize any behavior, it encourages people to do things they wouldn't otherwise be inclined to do.

So here it is:
Since 2012 people identifying as LGBT has increased from 3.5% to 4.1% an increase of 17% (definitely not statistical noise). Giving even more credence to my assertion is that ALL of the gain came among millennials. No other generation saw an increase in LGBT identification.

Millenial: 2012: 5.8% 2016: 7.3% (That's an increase of 25% for those keeping score)
Gen x: 2012: 3.2% 2016: 3.2%
Boomers: 2012: 2.7% 2016: 2.4%
Tradition: 2012: 1.8% 2016: 1.4%

If people were simply more open to identifying now that it's become normalized, we would see gains across generations. After all, there should be the same percentage of people born gay at any given time so the only reason for an increase at all is less fear of reprisal. Yet it seems only the young and impressionable are identifying more readily. Hmmm, who would have predicted that? Oh, that's right, me (and many other reasonably minded people).

But if that wasn't enough to convince you that, yes, I was indeed correct about what would happen. Take a look at the numbers since legalization of gay marriage by generation. (legalization, nation wide in June 2015)

Millenial: 2014: 6.3% 2016: 7.3%
Gen x: 2014: 3.4% 2016: 3.2%
Boomers: 2014: 2.7% 2016: 2.4%
Tradition: 2014: 1.9% 2016: 1.4%

Boomers should be identifying in much larger quantities if the theory of the left was to hold water as they're getting older and the legal benefits of marriage should be causing even those who wouldn't have otherwise identified, to identify. Gen Xers should see the same trend and millenials should be seeing just the results of less stigma. Yet again, only the young and impressionable millenials are showing gains. How is that possible? Well I was right, that's how.

Yes, some people are born with those urges. I'm not an idiot (I was right, after all) I know there are those out there who don't 'choose' one way or another. But people are stupid and many do choose one way or another, especially when something is normalized.

Data from Gallup. link

Lol. You don't think that perhaps the personal liberties we've gained as a society has simply lent to people coming out of the closet? Do you really think "acceptance" makes people gay? Do you think you could be gay if we all accepted you enough? Because that's what you are implying.

As to your general theme of painting this all to be a bad thing, anyway? # off with that garbage. Either crawl out of your closet or leave the gay folk alone. Jesus Christ, you people keep shoving your LGBT agenda down our throats with your weird backwoods arguments.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I see a problem with you wanting to treat gay people like there's something wrong with them.

Instead of discouraging people to be gay, why not encourage marriage and children in gay households?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

As a muslim or a mormon on US conquest, you should be encouraging normalization of LGBT. As a person who loves freedom and western democracy, you should be very afraid of what the future may look like if you encourage the normalization of LGBT. So which are you?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What? Here, let me clue you in on where you went wrong. Woman is required for baby. Tax credit for woman = tax credit for baby regardless of home.

But to address the second part. try thinking through the logistics of that. So you get extra special privileges ($$$) if you're gay?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You don't think that perhaps the personal liberties we've gained as a society has simply lent to people coming out of the closet?

The only generation that has anyone coming out of the closet is millennials, so those personal liberties must not be doing much for everyone else...

Do you really think "acceptance" makes people gay?

Do you think stigma kept people from acting on their urges?

Do you think you could be gay if we all accepted you enough?

If I was confused and young and impressionable, absolutely.

you people keep shoving your LGBT agenda down our throats with your weird backwoods arguments.

The irony is too much!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Does that tax credit for women include Muslim women?

Look, there is a growing number of gays who want the "normal" life - a house, yard, picket fence, 2 cars, a dog and a couple of kids, and that includes a marriage license like everyone else gets for marrying the consenting adult of their choice. You aren't going to stop people from being gay. Why in the world wouldn't you want to encourage gays to live in that normal "western" way of life?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

You don't think that perhaps the personal liberties we've gained as a society has simply lent to people coming out of the closet?

The only generation that has anyone coming out of the closet is millennials, so those personal liberties must not be doing much for everyone else...

Do you really think "acceptance" makes people gay?

Do you think stigma kept people from acting on their urges?

Do you think you could be gay if we all accepted you enough?

If I was confused and young and impressionable, absolutely.

you people keep shoving your LGBT agenda down our throats with your weird backwoods arguments.

The irony is too much!

What the hell are you talking about? It's still more stigmatized for older people to come out of the closet than it is for younger generations. And when you say "urge", are you just referring to a person's sexuality? You have one of those, too. Do you "act on your urge" or do you just have sex? Why word it like some weirdo?

And... if you would be gay if you were "confused and impressionable"... then surprise, you're gay! If you're straight, that wouldn't happen. How many of you closeted people are going to keep ironically railing against your own "urges"? Who else talks like that?

Seriously. It's gross. Just be who you are and stop doing the whole "doth protest too much" act. It's super obvious.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Does that tax credit for women include Muslim women?

It's for all women.

Look, there is a growing number of gays who want the "normal" life - a house, yard, picket fence, 2 cars, a dog and a couple of kids, and that includes a marriage license like everyone else gets for marrying the consenting adult of their choice.

I'm assuming you have the stats to back this up. Link.

Why in the world wouldn't you want to encourage gays to live in that normal "western" way of life?

Where did I say I wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

It's still more stigmatized for older people to come out of the closet than it is for younger generations.

You mean younger generation. Not generations, as no other generation saw an increase. Not even Gen Xers are comfortable with being gay, and they're only in their 30's-40's. Muh stigma is too much! lol

Do you "act on your urge" or do you just have sex? Why word it like some weirdo?

I act on some of my urges, not on others. Sometimes I get the urge to physically harm others, I restrain myself. Not sure why you are so weirded out by a completely normal word. (speaking of protesting too much...)

And... if you would be gay if you were "confused and impressionable"... then surprise, you're gay! If you're straight, that wouldn't happen.

So you don't buy into the gender fluidity argument? Yet many do... hmmm... I wonder if they're young and impressionable.

How many of you closeted people are going to keep ironically railing against your own "urges"?

How many times are you going to pretend you know what another persons sexuality is, based on you not liking what they said or a word they used?

Seriously. It's gross. Just be who you are and stop doing the whole "doth protest too much" act. It's super obvious.

So I'm guessing you're as straight as they come?
edit on 8-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

It's for all women.

So you want to encourage Muslim women to have lots of kids too. Okay. Kind of goes counter to your argument that Muslims are going to take over, but whatever.

I'm assuming you have the stats to back this up. Link.

I can't post links from my tablet, but there is a great New York Times article from 2013 titled "The Changing American Family" that has some stats. Look it up.

Where did I say I wouldn't.

Great. So you encourage gays to get marriage licenses and settle down to the normal American life with each other, including kids. Finally, we agree!
edit on 8-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

So I'm guessing you're as straight as they come?

Lol, no. I'm as bent as they come. Personally, I can't wrap my head around excluding 50% of all people from my dating pool. I don't know how any of you gay and hetero people deal with only one or the other.

But whatever. As far as trying to guess your sexuality, I'm only basing it on anecdotal experience from the stories of gay folk I know who used to mask it with outward and very vocal criticism on what they were afraid to be.

I honestly can't think of any other reason people are driven to speak as you do. I can't imagine why anybody would give two #s about another person's private business unless they are personally invested in what they are doing. That goes for any topic; not just sexuality.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Nah, they're not expensive. They're just a handful! Wouldn't trade them for the world though! Makes life much more fulfilling and honestly makes it really easy to recommend everyone have at least two. Life is much better with children than without.

Sure they're not. Tally up whatever annual total you have for expenses you consider necessities for all x4, then x 18 years, and try that again. Kids are expensive to rear, no matter how cheap you do it.

No, life for you, the willing parent, is better with children. Neither of my brothers have nor want kids. They don't like kids beyond their nieces. Frankly, I don't blame them, I'm no fan of other people's asshat kids, either. Just because you like your niece or nephew does not equate to default raging testes or ovaries for your own crotch spawn. Some people don't want kids because life is better for them without them. There's nothing wrong with the people choosing a child-free life. Why is this a problem? Because they're not breeding like brood mares to your satisfaction?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Well if you read my posts you would know why I speak as I do. I speak statistically and with a lot of analysis of data. I don't care if you're gay or straight personally. But demographically it's a nightmare for the future of western civilization.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

So you want to encourage Muslim women to have lots of kids too. Okay. Kind of goes counter to your argument that Muslims are going to take over, but whatever.

It's not, as long as everyone else keeps having kids too. Its when everyone else stops having kids that the problem accelerates out of control.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

It's not, as long as everyone else keeps having kids too. Its when everyone else stops having kids that the problem accelerates out of control.

Okay, then more tax credits for anyone having kids -gay, straight, etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well if you read my posts you would know why I speak as I do. I speak statistically and with a lot of analysis of data. I don't care if you're gay or straight personally. But demographically it's a nightmare for the future of western civilization.

Western civilization is as western civilization does.

Unless you believe in the ridiculous notion of people having less children equating to doom, I don't see why this would be a "nightmare", even if true.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sure they're not. Tally up whatever annual total you have for expenses you consider necessities for all x4, then x 18 years, and try that again. Kids are expensive to rear, no matter how cheap you do it.

Then tally up your earnings over 18 years and it's still the same percentage of income. Just a larger number.

They don't like kids beyond their nieces. Frankly, I don't blame them, I'm no fan of other people's asshat kids, either.

Wait, what? They like other peoples kids but wouldn't like their own, yet you like your own but not other peoples? You're not making any sense!

Some people don't want kids because life is better for them without them.

I completely disagree. But neither of us can prove the other right/wrong here.

Why is this a problem? Because they're not breeding like brood mares to your satisfaction?

Because children are the future... If you don't have children you've given up the main influence you have on the future. I don't know about you, but I think good people need to have more influence on the future than bad ones.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I outlined it in an earlier post.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

It's the wrong kind of people (think brown skin/different religion) having all the children that has OP worked up. Supposedly.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Think people who want to kill you and your way of life. Skin color gets zero play.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join