It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Imam Says Female Genital Mutilation Prevents Hypersexuality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

If God did not want us to have sex he would not have given us the equipment and the desire.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Willtell

And yet it prevails and indeed practiced and taught in Islam....bad news. This is what happens when men are allowed to be the religious experts and interpret how they see fit ....whatever fits their agenda that is
Instead of their God

I totally agree.

It wont change in the other countries NO TIME SOON. But the good thing is American Muslims DONT PRACTICE THIS CRAP....

I am not going to waste my time finding it but there was an article last week (Drudge) about a number of young girls who have gone through this procedure in Michigan. One Muslim doctor did FGM for the last 12 years...over 100 girls are known to have suffered this.. Castration is to good for the males that want this done to little girls..

Last time I checked Michigan was part of the states but just wait a few years and then maybe not.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If God did not want us to have sex he would not have given us the equipment and the desire.

Yeah. They don't realize that Allah is not too bright like them.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What an ignorant Imam and what an ignorant thread .

Seriously ?

An African tradition which predates Abrahamic Religions which is applicable to both males and females : Circumsion .

An Anthropological Fact .

What ever happened to searching the subject before making false claims ?

How does making false claims becomes " Deny Ignorance " ?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

What false claims have I made exactly? I don't believe I've actually made any claims
I have merely reported on the issue of the Imam in Virginia and the fact that FGM is NOT in the Quran

edit on 10-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I honestly just heard about FGM in a video recently posted about the protests.
Sickening...fricken sickening.
But I'm just an Infidel.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I could almost excuse it if the culture was so primitive that the people involved crapped in the dirt, never learned how to read or write, and sacrificed virgins to their gods.

But these are supposed educated people mutilating young women and girls obviously for some sick religious fetish.

Shoot them in the balls and leave them out to slowly die.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I became aware of the wide spread practivce of FGM only a few days ago.

Sure - I knew it happened and it makes me want to spew...

I had no idea how wide spread it was.

Let me go get the stats from what I posted on another thread.

peace

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It got to be a turn on for them, having power over someone who cant do anything about it. Like killing innocent people going about their business. Funny how they are not killing politicians who gave them the reasons for the terrorist attacks.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I'm guessing he is right..

Just like you will "cure" a man from ever having sex again by cutting it off..

So yea I'm betting genital mutilation would curb ANY sexual desire really..

He is a flippin barbarian.. but yea I guess technically he is correct lol.

Well no, women could still have sex because they don't "cut off" the vagina; they remove the clitoris. So no, technically it wouldn't "fix" the "problem."

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It got to be a turn on for them, having power over someone who cant do anything about it. Like killing innocent people going about their business. Funny how they are not killing politicians who gave them the reasons for the terrorist attacks.

Even stranger is how our politicians in western gov's seem to think we need to get used to it and increase our odds at the same time.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Depends on the level of mutilation, they also remove the inner labia, make the vaginal entrance smaller and sew up the outer labia. Kinda makes sex exceedingly painful not to mention childbirth

FGM is recognized as a human rights violation by the World Health Organization (WHO). It involves the partial or complete removal of a woman or girl’s external genitalia (the clitoris and labia), often with a blade or knife, in order to deny her of any arousal or enjoyment of intercourse. The procedure is non-medical and is seen as a tool to oppress women

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I have been actively campaigning against this practice since I left Africa many many moons ago. Yes its rife there too. Girls actually ask for it to be done so they aren't different from their friends. I remember one or two girls I went to school with getting gifts when they had the op (by a filthy old lady with a razor blade btw). It was celebrated but then again what 12-15yr old knows exactly what this barbarism means particularly in terms of childbirth? Quite how a mother who has gone through this procedure could inflict it on their daughters too is a mystery to me.

I get so damn angry when this is still continuing in the 21st century
edit on 10-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

Depends on the level of mutilation, they also remove the inner labia, make the vaginal entrance smaller and sew up the outer labia. Kinda makes sex exceedingly painful not to mention childbirth

FGM is recognized as a human rights violation by the World Health Organization (WHO). It involves the partial or complete removal of a woman or girl’s external genitalia (the clitoris and labia), often with a blade or knife, in order to deny her of any arousal or enjoyment of intercourse. The procedure is non-medical and is seen as a tool to oppress women

Holy crap.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

funny how ignorant some people are.

why doesnt he do some research where he would learn that in the 1940s an 50s the amount of testorne (male hormone) in young females was only about one third of the level of testorne found in the same age group of young females of today.

thats why young females of today are quite randy which is great.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Why Some Women Choose to Get Circumcised

An anthropologist discusses some common misconceptions about female genital cutting, including the idea that men force women to undergo the procedure.

So what can foreign activists—as well as locals who oppose female genital cutting—do to curb the practice?

For starters, Bettina Shell-Duncan, an anthropology professor at the University of Washington who has been studying the practice in many countries for years, suggests using the term “cutting” rather than “mutilation,” which sounds derogatory and can complicate conversations with those who practice FGC.

She also challenges some common misconceptions around FGC, like the belief that it is forced on women by men. In fact, elderly women often do the most to perpetuate the custom.

I thought African girls were held down and butchered against their will, but some of them voluntarily and joyfully partake in the ritual.

I thought communities would surely abandon the practice once they learned of its negative health consequences. And yet, in Shell-Duncan's experience, most people who practice FGC recognize its costs—they just think the benefits outweigh them.

Shell-Duncan recently joined a five-year research project, led by the Population Council, whose goal is reducing female genital cutting by at least 30 percent across 10 countries over five years.

I spoke with her about how activists, policymakers, and everyday people can better understand FGC so that they can avoid alienating the communities they aim to help.

----

I was completely confused. And they realized that not only had I gotten married without being circumcised, but that I had obviously delivered children without being circumcised, which in their culture was unthinkable.

These women were my very good friends, and they were covering up their faces to not show how repulsed they were by the idea of somebody being uncircumcised and delivering a baby.

They were, you know, revolted.

Truth about female circumsion .

According to elderly African Women any women who gives birth without a circumsion is a revolting person and they are repulsed by the thought a women giving birth without circumsion .

This is an anthropological issue not an islamic or muslim issue and if you don't know the difference , you must be a member of a Club Ignoramus.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

What false claims have I made exactly? I don't believe I've actually made any claims
I have merely reported on the issue of the Imam in Virginia and the fact that FGM is NOT in the Quran

Lol. Nah, no claims at all.
/sarc

Yup I agree. Muslim men are terrified of women.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Im shocked. I did some in depth reading last night on this.
Honestly I was completely ignorant to this practice. fricken been living under a rock I guess.

This is a pretty disturbing custom.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
When did this Imam enter the country? If it is possible to do, he should be deported.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I've already stated this is also happening elsewhere. I've also stated that this practice is not "Muslim" nor in the Quran. I've already stated that I knew about this in Africa when I was growing up (although didn't know what it was exactly) Anything else?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join