It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Rome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

An explosion occurred in the center of Rome, and at least one car was damaged in the blast, according to local media reports. No information on casualties was immediately available.
There have been conflicting reports on the exact location of the blast, with some media saying the blast occurred near a post office, while other sources report it happened near the UN building.

www.rt.com...

just breaking, not much info - will update.

BREAKING: A bomb has gone of inside a vehicle in central #Rome in front of UN building. A lot of damage reported

Emergency services are responding to an explosion outside a post office in Rome.
Early reports suggest there have not been any injuries from the incident on Viale Aventino, but a car has been damaged.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 12/5/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Looks to be minor - parcel bomb perhaps?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Say that to a family member that has his/her fingers ripped off by a "Ahem" minor explosion...

I lived most of my young life in Northern Ireland and was also a soldier to know what "Minor" means...

As long as your family and loved ones are not touched then this is minor...!!!?

"Sighs"

a reply to: Agit8dChop

edit on 12-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Cannot be arsed to justify

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Could be anything, such as a gas leak.

edit on 12-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

no offence intended, i meant it was minor compared to the atrocities we normally hear about out of Europe when ''explosions'' are mentioned.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If only somebody's fingers are damaged, then yes it is a very minor explosion. Considering explosions typically kill a person, or multiples of people, I think most family would be grateful if a loved one walked away from an explosion with only damaged hands.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

If only somebody's fingers are damaged, then yes it is a very minor explosion. Considering explosions typically kill a person, or multiples of people, I think most family would be grateful if a loved one walked away from an explosion with only damaged hands.

I do not consider any bomb attack as minor... even if only fingers are ripped off... fingers might be faces too...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If they havnt been spread across the landscape in an unrecognizable smattering of meat, loved ones will be quite grateful that it was not a bigger bomb.

Bomb attacks in general are no minor thing, you are correct. I guess we should simply rephrase from minor to small to better quantify the yield and potency of said detonation.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Relax. He wasn't attacking anyone or saying anything wrong. A parcel bomb, though horrid, would be classed as a minor explosive. You need to relax with the aggression to a member who wasn't even talking to you.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Are we become so jaded that an explosion of this sort is "minor"?

Perhaps jaded is the wrong word for it...accustomed would be better. Sad isn't it?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFatedOutsider

Relax. He wasn't attacking anyone or saying anything wrong. A parcel bomb, though horrid, would be classed as a minor explosive. You need to relax with the aggression to a member who wasn't even talking to you.

All is cool, I have no agressive gripes with WS

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, in Rome yesterday one of the tunnels that was under construction by the armed forces collapsed!

The fact that the tunnel was secretly under construction is clear, after locals report of shaking that felt like small earthquakes.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
From your bottom link.

An explosion from a bomb planted by suspected anarchists ripped through a street on the Aventine hill in Rome Friday, damaging a car but causing no casualties, police said.

Sounds like they have had enough problems with violent Anarchists they suspect them first.

LINK

Since the mid-1980s, Italian insurrectionary anarchists have been responsible for dozens of attacks both within Italy and abroad. For more than a decade, the prevailing tactics were small-scale acts of vandalism, sabotage and arson. However, since the late 1990s, insurrectionary anarchist militants have increasingly used more dangerous methods such as bombings and assaults. Today, insurrectionary anarchist violence is generally regarded as the most dangerous form of domestic non-jihadist terrorism in Italy.

Something soon to come to the US I think. Lots of crazies in this world.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The escalator that recently broke in Rome, was a targeted provocation by Italian armed forces and intelligence saboteurs. They always do that when they need bailouts and other preferential treatment ...

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

You seem to have taken to trawling through old threads and then posting your random anti EU bollox lately. Why don't you post your own thread for a change?

new topics

top topics

join