It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tapped phone line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My phone line was tapped a couple of years back so noticeably that even people i was talking to detected it. it sounded like my convo was being recorded and there was a clicking, like a roll-back, every half minute or so. the only thing is that it was only the line in my room, the rest were fine and that i was a fifteen year old schoolgirl at the time. However, i may or may not have been having discussions with my friend regarding blowing up pine gap to rid unwelcome american residence in our country.
How possible is it that my line was tapped?
has this happened to anyone else? please submit your stories.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
you wouldn't even detect it...not with today's technology...

snap crackle and pop on the line 20 years ago would inidicate a possible tap on the line, however today all telephone companies employ some type of digital cross connect in the core of their network which makes phone taps simply a matter of reconfiguring software, rather than actually connecting a test set/recording device in parrallel with the tip/ring leads on the analog phone line....

back in the old days, one could simply take the probes from a multimeter and clip them to their phone jack to detect the very short voltage drop across the line, even if you were being tapped at a central office switch...this is because your phone line back then actually formed an unbroken circuit back to the phone switch, a truly analog line...

today the telephone network cores are dgital...if someone's listening, you likely won't notice anything at all...unless of course they are very, very close, like up on a telephone pole outside your house.....this is because your calls are "trunked" digitally between switches today...meaning the voltage on the wire is trunked, sampled digitally, channel multiplexed and then routed across the telco's switched network "cloud"...which means your conversation can be eavesdropped without affecting the analog signal on your handset which means no snap crackle pop to alert you that you are being tapped....

this is probably more than you wanted to know....

watch "Three days of the Condor" with Rober Redford for a hollywood gestalt image of old school "phreaking"....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by untitled
However, i may or may not have been having discussions with my friend regarding blowing up pine gap to rid unwelcome american residence in our country.

So then why the hell would anyone care if your phone was tapped?

How possible is it that my line was tapped?

What do you mean how is it possible?

A5H

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yay another stupid thread...
I could make a phone tap that didn't click so I'm sure a professional could...
Also how exactly would a 15 year old girl blow up "pine gap" lmfao...That's so pathetic...

[edit on 2-2-2005 by A5H]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
on my home phone i have got a couple hang-ups. the weirdest one was that someone called i answered said hi and then about 10 seconds later after a couple clicks they hung up. so i did *69 and the number came up 111-111-1111. i tried to call it from my home and cell phone and it wouldn't connect me. ive also heard some weird stuff on ym cell phone.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Got any brothers or sisters or maybe just your folks rigged the line to record your 15 year old school girl conversations...I did that to my sisters.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How did you tap your sisters line.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yes how can you do that, I am assumeing it involves climing on the telephone pole ,but I may be mistaken.

new topics

top topics

join