It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
In Europe we know religion and poliitics showldn´t be mixed, and we know it becouse we have a long and terrible history that teatch us that.

I think you, red americans, and unfortunatly americans in general, will learn that lesson pretty soon.

A good politician doesn´t need God to justify his actions.

A good citizen doesn´t beleave a politician wen he uses religion to justify his acts.

He is turning christianism, a religion of peace, into a religion of war. A good christian would never do that..

If you think bush is stupid, you´r wrong, bush is a smart men, not wise, but he is smart, and he is performing the classic strategie of all tyrants:

Devide to conquerer.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If the people don't want him, they won't vote for him. I like him because he has the balls to take action. He's not hiding his faith and of course if he is a christian he will try to rule like one. But he's not forcing people to go to church or anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Personally, religion and politics are intertwined for me. Those who try to separate the two more often than not have no "real" religion. Sure they may be churchgoers and believe in God, but they don't have religious convictions about things that are always controlled by politics.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
If the people don't want him, they won't vote for him. I like him because he has the balls to take action. He's not hiding his faith and of course if he is a christian he will try to rule like one. But he's not forcing people to go to church or anything.

i think the problem is not the idea of giving freedom for those opressed people in the world, for me the problem is the way he is going to do tath...

if you see, a revolution must come from within the peoplo, and is not something an outsider can impose...unless you can make secret elections on tath cowntry, define a parliment and a government an then trow the dictatorship down...of course this is impossible...

i dont realy know how is the media in the USA, but i can tell you, here in europe we ear all the time of terrorist acts in iraq, and the general pinion is tath will be very difficult for the US army to get out there.

i´m not saying saddam was better, but i´m sure there are better ways of helping a cowntry to be free from a dictator...

regards

fred

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Personally, religion and politics are intertwined for me. Those who try to separate the two more often than not have no "real" religion. Sure they may be churchgoers and believe in God, but they don't have religious convictions about things that are always controlled by politics.

I agree tath a pearson shouldn´t try to forget his religion, just because he was elected to be president.

but once elected the only thing he can do with his religion, is use it to give examples, and not to create laws...because tath way a cowntry will not be stable...

imagine this:

a christian is elected, and prohibits the abortion, the sex in the movies and all those things..

then an atheist is elected, and he has different ideas on those subjects and so, he resolves to revogue all those laws...

the result of all of this is a very unstable cowntry were the people don´t know wath to think.

the only way to resolve this problem is working based on consensus so you can create politics tath last.

for me, the problem with bush, is tath it seems like he thinks tath he is the only one ho is wright and tath is very wrong on a pearson, specialy on a politician ho have so many souls "under his hands" .

my english is not good, but i hope you understand the idea...

regards

fred

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I was a skater too

new topics

top topics

join