It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK : Fascist Bully Boys tasered 63 year old Man in the face for Not Giving His Name

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've been saying he's a wasted old stoner and then I find this.

www.itv.com...

Judah says: "I've been coming here for over 20 years, the reason I come is because I believe that sports help to increase your life expectancy."

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

www.bristol.ac.uk...

The research, by University of Bristol Law School PhD student Abi Dymond, suggests that in order to evaluate the impact of TASERs, better data collection on other force, such as batons and irritant spray, used by the police would assist in providing a clearer understanding of the impact on officer safety and injury rates of civilians.

www.bristolpost.co.uk... .html

While at Bristol University, Ms Dymond undertook extensive research into the use of Tasers, and found they had quickly become a daily tool and not the 'last resort' they were originally intended.

"I have found that officers themselves have widely differing views about when it is appropriate to fire. Incidents such as this will do little to allay concerns about the use of Tasers, and highlights the need for a Home Affairs Select Committee enquiry into police use of force,"

The policewoman should describe how she would have used other force in that situation and why. Would she have clubbed him to the ground? It seems the problem is the taser is too easy.

edit on 22 1 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SprocketUK

"Being polite and not trying to be a pain in the neck does have benefits."

This is also true, after all you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

That being said when you get shot in the face with a taser for simply being uncooperative while onlookers implore and try to make the officers understand that the man lives there and has done nothing wrong something is very wrong.

Truth is the officer had no reason to shoot the man in question, looks like she was eager to use the device.

The incident could have been handled in a far less confrontational manner which would have resulted in nobody being shot should the Police have approached the situation differently.

True. It could have.
It did look like a highly adrenaline fuelled situation though. I still think he could have forestalled all this by just telling them his name and adress.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yup, he was being a belligerent fool, but that woman Police constable had that Taser drawn soon as.

Looks like she was aching to use the thing. Those things should only be deployed if and when a person has a weapon or is acting in an extremely aggressive manner or the officers are in fear of there lives.

Point of fact through you are not required to provide Police with any information in the U.K unless they are charging or arresting you for a crime.

The guy acted like an arse but that little lady Police ether requires more training on when its appropriate to use Tasers on the public or should not be allowed to continue in the job of policing.

edit on 22-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not excusing her actions one bit. She did look scared to death though.

Maybe there is something to be said for choosing coppers based on their physical size once more...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Suppose she could have been scared.

Possibly more down to the fact that she realized she was in the wrong through and was being filmed by members of the public.

The Telegraph allured to the fact that both officers in question had body cameras in use so i imagine as long as they have not be tampered with they may cast some more light as to who was at fault, not that i think any such video evidence will ever make its way into the hands of the public.

Lets face it if you don't have the tools both mentally and physically to do the job of Policing then you should not hold the position hence the use of a Taser in an inappropriate manner by the lady constable.

Im not saying Woman should not be Police or that they are incapable of doing the job as there are probably quite a few out there that are more than capable both physically and mentally but this little lady certainly does not appear to fit "The Bill".

edit on 22-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This video is quite indicative of police culture as a whole; it's constantly reinforced that the public hates them and in training at Hendon they're told about cases where they've attended routine calls that end up with officers being killed. It just reinforces anxiety and paranoia when dealing with the public.

It's hard for me to blame this woman although she is culpable, she's a product of poor training and lax entry standards...without being cruel the fact that she even passed the fitness test is pretty shocking.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join