It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOps ‘Hamilton’ Casting Call For ‘Non-White’ Performers/May have violated the Law..???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

They dont have it because it didnt happen. They are trying to discredit the Hamilton crew no matter what actually happened. Been standard OP for over a year now.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You're not trying to say their motive was not to embarrass and insult him are you? Really?

Sigh....

Being rude to paying customers is now redefined as treating them "graciously". Yeah sure.

Agree to disagree.

On the other I misunderstood, I thought you said they hired white cast members after?

The play has hired white actors.

It would appear you did say that, hence my confusion. If they won, I suppose it was guilt that made them hire white actors? Or was it some kind of settlement?

Either way, what occurred was bad behavior and no way did they not mean to insult a customer. Childish behavior at best.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Besides, this is Broadway! We're talking Union Actors. If there was anything weird going on in the casting the Union would be on it like "white on rice"! (Pun intended)

LOL. ABSOLUTELY. The union knows nothing wrong was done. People that have no theater or movie experience are trying to look in and make something odd about it. It is sort of amusing to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You're not trying to say their motive was not to embarrass and insult him are you? Really?

Sigh....

Being rude to paying customers is now redefined as treating them "graciously". Yeah sure.

Agree to disagree.

On the other I misunderstood, I thought you said they hired white cast members after?

The play has hired white actors.

It would appear you did say that, hence my confusion. If they won, I suppose it was guilt that made them hire white actors? Or was it some kind of settlement?

Either way, what occurred was bad behavior and no way did they not mean to insult a customer. Childish behavior at best.

I AM saying that. He reached out to Pence in that video. He was respectful and polite. It was a healing and unifying gesture that we are all short on as of late.
edit on 19-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Nobody really likes Pence. That actor was nice to him. On top of that, gave Pence some press.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

We are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us
This means you don't care about and will take away gains made by LGBT's. And you don't know we are here and have value.

Our children, our parents all defend us and uphold our inalienable rights
Again the LGBT community feel they will not have support or will loose ground they have made to be seen and heard with out being judged.

uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us
Means we have different set of values and you won't support us and make laws against their life style.

So basically backhandedly calling the the new admin anti LGBT and not having the intestinal fortitude to say it outright. Very cowardly.

I find Liberal are afraid of conflict.

“We welcome you and truly thank you for joining us here,” Dixon said. “We are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us. Our children, our parents all defend us and uphold our inalienable rights. But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us.”

He had cheers and boos by the audience. The cast did no such thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Personally, they should have taken a moment more to recognize that Pence was open-minded enough to sit through their whole performance. It is a known fact that subliminal suggestion has a greater effect on one, than an direct attack on their sensibilities.

Edit add: Oops, wrong thread. Regarding this Ops thread. Personally, I believe this issue is being exaggerated.
edit on 11 19 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: I can only imagine no one would be upset if a production wanted to creatively make an all white version of Roots. Right?
edit on 11 19 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So what if my idea was to cast all white people...what if that was my take on it...just as their take was a diverse (reads other than white) cast for traditionally white characters. Is it ok because they only discriminated against white people? I fail to see how me casting a play with all white people for roles of traditionally black characters is any different. Can you break it down and show me the difference?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
No. It was a statement of hope that it is NOT. That Hamilton actor gave more credit to Pence than I ever would.

Like a million dollars credit vs. one penny.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

[...]

So basically backhandedly calling the the new admin anti LGBT and not having the intestinal fortitude to say it outright. Very cowardly.

And Liberals are snowflakes?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Please,protect our right to include by excluding!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Besides, this is Broadway! We're talking Union Actors. If there was anything weird going on in the casting the Union would be on it like "white on rice"! (Pun intended)

You obviously did not bother to read the article linked in the OP.

The union was all over it - like flies on Hillary.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So what if my idea was to cast all white people...what if that was my take on it...just as their take was a diverse (reads other than white) cast for traditionally white characters. Is it ok because they only discriminated against white people? I fail to see how me casting a play with all white people for roles of traditionally black characters is any different. Can you break it down and show me the difference?

If you had a vision in mind for a play that had traditionally all black characters, and wasn't some weird white supremacy thing, why not? Get out a notepad and write it.

link   

originally posted by: reldra

LOL. ABSOLUTELY. The union knows nothing wrong was done. People that have no theater or movie experience are trying to look in and make something odd about it. It is sort of amusing to me.

The entertainment industry has already shown what side it's on especially when it's to do with trump...just saying I work in that industry and it already leans left and we are also talking about a city that pretty much always votes left in a state that votes left...why wouldn't the lefts agenda come into play?

link   

So then you don't disagree with my previous post then?

I mean you ridiculed it when I first said something.

originally posted by: reldra 

Yes, let's fill 'The Color Purple' or 'A raisin in the Sun' with all white actors. LOL 

Try to make some sense.

edit on 19-11-2016 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

...as he excited to the boo's?

Not seeing it so we can agree to disagree. I'd say the same if a cast member gave a conservative message to Obama after a play and he was booed on the way out.

People that have no theater or movie experience are trying to look in and make something odd about it. It is sort of amusing to me.

Why make this personal and make rude comments about others just because you don't agree with someone? We are not in the Pit and we can discuss this without a need for that? At least I'd hope we could.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

The entertainment industry has already shown what side it's on especially when it's to do with trump...just saying I work in that industry and it already leans left and we are also talking about a city that pretty much always votes left in a state that votes left...why wouldn't the lefts agenda come into play?

No, it hasn't. When you look at who is casted in what. I have no idea about the entertainment industry and Trump. Maybe he is easy to make fun of.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

...as he excited to the boo's?

Not seeing it so we can agree to disagree. I'd say the same if a cast member gave a conservative message to Obama after a play and he was booed on the way out.

People that have no theater or movie experience are trying to look in and make something odd about it. It is sort of amusing to me.

Why make this personal and make rude comments about others just because you don't agree with someone? We are not in the Pit and we can discuss this without a need for that? At least I'd hope we could.

I really do not what you are saying,in general, at this point.

I do know you made statements that clearly showed you did not watch the video.

I do not believe I have made any mud pit like statements.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?"

They shouldn't have done that.

If I payed that much for tics, I'd be pissed.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

They made a statement and they were nice to him. If he didn't like it, maybe he can request a refund.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

They made a statement and they were nice to him. If he didn't like it, maybe he can request a refund.

I guess we'll see.

Maybe IRS audits all around, next April?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join