It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOps ‘Hamilton’ Casting Call For ‘Non-White’ Performers/May have violated the Law..???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OOPs looks like the Hamilton cast was afraid the vice pres wouldn't protect them. Protect them to be very selective on hiring just the right people for the jobs, "non-white"

The hottest show on Broadway has won praise for its groundbreaking casting of black and Latino performers, but now, “Hamilton” may have run afoul of the strict New York City Human Rights Law.

As CBS2’s Tony Aiello reported, the controversy was sparked by a casting notice posted by the producers of “Hamilton,” which specifically seeks “non-white” performers.

I imagine we will see these inclusive liberals in court. Funny, funny.

McLaughlin believes the ad violates the New York City Human Rights Law, which makes it unlawful “for an employer… because of the actual written or perceived… race of any person, to discriminate.”

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Is that why Pence was there last night? Or was he there to get Booooooed?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
This is from March. The whole idea of the play is to have a diverse cast in characters that are normally white.

I believe this changed as they did hire white cast members.

This has been resolved. Some time ago.

edit on 19-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I am not sure you understand the idea of a casting call. They may call for all men, they may call for a 20 year old white ingenue, they may call for an overweight Black man. It doesn't mean that is all they are hiring.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's always a case of do what I say, not what I do ..with them isn't it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
It's always a case of do what I say, not what I do ..with them isn't it.

With whom? I have been in over 20 plays and 3 movies. You can call for who will best fit the part.

I have directed 4 plays. In those, race wasn't a factor. Had nothing to do with the idea of the play. But if it did, I could have mentioned race, for some or all parts.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh so they were racist some 4 months ago, never mind./sarc

It speaks to their true understanding of what freedom and fairness is. And for the this group of liberals it is what ever is convenient at the time.

This is from March. The whole idea of the play is to have a diverse cast in characters that are normally white. I believe this changed as they did hire white cast members.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How about they just cast the best performers and the mix of skin tone will be what it will be?

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Discrimination does not apply when it's directed at whites, this includes hate crime laws. Hypocrisy at its best!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Oh so they were racist some 4 months ago, never mind./sarc

It speaks to their true understanding of what freedom and fairness is. And for the this group of liberals it is what ever is convenient at the time.

This is from March. The whole idea of the play is to have a diverse cast in characters that are normally white. I believe this changed as they did hire white cast members.

They were not being racist. They needed to fill some parts with non white actors. That was not the final casting call.

Have you seen the play? Do you know the idea behind it?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Discrimination does not apply when it's directed at whites, this includes hate crime laws. Hypocrisy at its best!

That is not the case. Often, a play will call for a white, young ingenue and that is not racist.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am so glad their petulant little hissy fit backfired and is finally bringing widespread national atrention to how racist the Hamilton crew is.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

link   

Do they put out a casting call stating that all others will not be considered for gameful employment?

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

How about they just cast the best performers and the mix of skin tone will be what it will be?

Yes, let's fill 'The Color Purple' or 'A raisin in the Sun' with all white actors. LOL

Try to make some sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do they put out a casting call stating that all others will not be considered for gameful employment?

No.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I am so glad their petulant little hissy fit backfired and is finally bringing widespread national atrention to how racist the Hamilton crew is.

Finally? This is from March. Whoever complained, lost.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Yes, let's fill 'The Color Purple' or 'A raisin in the Sun' with all white actors. LOL

Try to make some sense.

Sometimes Stupid is just Stupid

Hey! And don't specify gender when casting Belle for Beauty and the Beast.

link   
At least, in the dystopian society of 1984, hate was limited to 2 minutes..

+8 more 
link   

If they are refusing all other races for gameful employment, based on the color of their skin, what do you call it.

Try that when renting an apartment to the public

Liberals and their ever changing self omitting rules.....

They were not being racist. They needed to fill some parts with non white actors. That was not the final casting call.

Have you seen the play? Do you know the idea behind it?

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Have you ever verbally tried to shame or promoted booing a paying member of your audience? If so, how is that not bigotry and discrimination on the part of the business? Why defend that as being OK?

I thought it was wrong when a bakery refused a Gay couple even though I defended their right to do so, this is the same. It was their right, but it was also very wrong to do. Same thing exactly in my mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: reldra

Try to make some sense.

Sometimes Stupid is just Stupid

Hey! And don't specify gender when casting Belle for Beauty and the Beast.

LOL.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join