It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California and Trump are on a collision course over immigrants here illegally

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Contradiction.

They have the jobs. We have the workers.

We have no jobs and all the workers. That makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

No I'm not okay with people sneaking across the border purposefully dodging authorities proving they know what they're doing is not the correct way.

I have nothing against people wanting to come over, but there is a process.

When people sneak across that takes away from resources that could be allocated to getting the people who are trying to get in legally here.

Reward those who follow the protocol, simple as that.

So it's just about the rules. Gotcha.

It's always about the rules. I have to abide by rules too. Why should I feel guilt for asking they be enforced just as equal to fellow human beings should they come to this country?

These rules are also there to protect and reward those who adhere to them when entering the country.

I understand this is a humanitarian issue, but there are also plenty of people here in need, so when people break the rules it takes from other people.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Americans pay both

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The cost of illegal immigration in California as of 2014.

Californians bear an enormous fiscal burden as a result of an illegal alien population estimated at almost 3 million residents. The annual expenditure of state and local tax dollars on services for that population is $25.3 billion. That total amounts to a yearly burden of about $2,370 for a household headed by a U.S. citizen.

Nearly half of those expenditures ($12.3 billion) result from the costs of K-12 education for the children of illegal aliens — both those illegally in the country and those born in the United States. Another major outlay ($2.1 billion) results from the need to provide supplemental English language instruction to Limited English Proficient students, many of whom are children of illegal aliens. Together, these educational costs are 57.1 percent of total expenditures.

Other fiscal outlays result from the costs of medical care ($4.0 billion), public assistance services ($800 million), administration of justice functions ($4.4 billion), and general governmental services ($1.6 billion).

Because some tax revenue is collected from the illegal alien population, we include an estimate of this revenue from sales, income, property and "sin" taxes. Yet, it should be kept in mind that the $3.5 billion in tax collections is not truly an offset to the fiscal costs, because similar, and likely greater, tax revenue would be collected if the same jobs were filled by legal workers.

www.fairus.org...

No wonder they love California, cut the funding and they will stop coming.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The easiest way to handle it is to cut funding. It's a carrot/stick approach that has been used in the past when a state or municipality refuses to follow Federal Law.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

you do understand what illegal means right?lol by definition, illegals are criminals lol

Jaden

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
In La LA Land, they are not "illegal aliens" or "illegal immigrants", they are "immigrants here illegally".

Isnt that what the native americans said to each other when they saw more English men come in?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

No there is not, both are guilty of the crime of being here without permission, which is a crime, if they are working under the table using fake documents, that is a crime as well.

A nation has limited resources, we can't even take care of our own people, so why the # should we take care of everyone else's?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Mexican-American War (1846-1848) at the conclusion of the war the United States received the Southwest & the US agreed to pay $15 Million dollars for war damages, plus assume $3.25 Million dollars in debt that the Mexican government owed US citizens.

And let us on forget this entire war started because Mexico refused to accept the Rio Grande as the border between Texas and Mexico. When Texas won its independence and became the Republic of Texas it signed the "Treaties of Velasco" which made the border the Rio Grande.

If you want more details on this whole conflict check wikipedia, the information there is accurate.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Remember Federal Law trumps State Law (pun intended). Plus under the US Constitution (which California Ratified when it became a State) gives immigration powers to the Federal Government.

So if let say the city government of San Francisco refuses to comply with Federal Law, the city government can be declared in rebellion, removed from office, and a Federal Judge will assume control of the city. Now while this may seem like its extreme (and it kind of is) it is perfectly legal.

California may resists, but they will lose.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My good friend was murdered by an illegal over a pack of smokes. The illegal shot him in the face when he didnt hand over the smokes quick enough. His name was Grant Ronnebeck.

This same illegal was arrested before he murdered my friend for holding a woman hostage in her home and raping her for a rew weeks before he was arrested.

He did some jail time but was then released by homeland security and ICE until his immigration hearing where he was supposed to be deported.

During the time he was waiting for the trial he walked into the QT my friend was working at and murdered him.

Kick everyone of them out. I dont care if they have been here 6 days or 60 years. If they are here illegally then they need to leave and come back the legal way.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: underwerks
Do illegal immigrants pay sales tax on everything they buy?

Yeah, just not what they steal. Im in Cali, and one of those idiots stole my Social Security number so they could work. Im glad I didnt have the government come after me at the end of the year and make me pay their taxes too. When I paid my hospital bill the ospital workers laughed and stated that my bill ($70,000) was so high, because illegals pay nothing at all and I have a job, am an American, they know where I live, and they need to get more from me to make up for the losses due to the Illegals using our services.

It just sounds like your statement is " Look! They pay a penny over here and a nickel over there, see they are helping by doing their share, now go pay 70 grand you lazy thoughtless racist American Nazi!"

I actually feel sorry for Californians even I have some relatives there. The state is losing money when they should have a surplus. California's continually pay higher taxes then the rest of the country but they have to in order to maintain services. these services are abused by illegals. Think they should literally bill Mexico since ultimately its there burden to supply services to their citizens. But that aside just look at the numbers estimates are there is 3 million illegals there.

That makes annual expenditure of state and local tax dollars on services for that population at $25.3 billion. It would be higher if it wasn't for sales tax. Illegal's pay 3.5 billion in taxes meaning there actual cost is 28.8 billion a year. So lets go back to actual cost to Californians 25.3 billion, That total amounts to a yearly burden of about $2,370 for a household headed by a U.S. citizen in California. YES let that sink in it costs a Californian paying taxes $2,370 dollar's in taxes for services to non Californians.

So illegals cost California's a deficit in when there economy should have a surplus Where do they get the money to cover it two things of course loans and federal programs meaning all American's actually have to contribute to keep them afloat. You cant argue with numbers the only argument is if its the right thing to do??? Should the US pick up services for people that entered the country illegally? Legal immigrant's as part of there visas cant even claim services for 5 years and is expected to cover all there costs to become a citizen.

so we make people who come here and follow the laws pay there own way and even deny them benefits for 5 yrs after they become citizens. But illegals we give them full benefits even before they become citizens. Seems like the system is broke to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thank You Rider. Well said

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle

No there is not, both are guilty of the crime of being here without permission, which is a crime, if they are working under the table using fake documents, that is a crime as well.

A nation has limited resources, we can't even take care of our own people, so why the # should we take care of everyone else's?

Yes, it pretty much is and by the time they realized the danger of not having a coherent and enforced immigration policy and started trying to react, it was too late. Now look at where they are.

My husband is part Native American, and he points this out constantly.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Let us not let the REAL reason that California officials against anti-illegal immigration measures....money and power, escape us. It makes for good soundbites to espouse liberal ideals, empathy and humanity, but it's all lies. Fact is, is that they increase California's population by millions, resulting in more seats in Congress, more electoral votes, and more federal funds. If they didn't count towards official census counts, nobody would want them in their states except business.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You forgot entrenched one party rule of the state. Between it's bureaucracy and the lower class vote in the magolopolises of San Fran and LA, Cali is pretty much ruled by the Democrats as if it's one giant metro.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why stop at LA? That Megapolis stretches clear to National City, and as far eastward as natural boundaries will allow

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

No wonder they love California, cut the funding and they will stop coming.

Exactly.
They are only pretending to want to secede from the union.. theyd lose that fed hand out golden goose. I say.. let them. See ya. When you have another earthquake, maybe the illegals will stay and help and not run back to Mexico at the first sign of trouble cause you THINK you know where their loyalty lays.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join