It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Ol' Abner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I had a couple of great dogs. Annie, Nikki, Shasta. Special in their own ways. Taken for granted when I think about it.
But really, this thread is about you Abner. I wasn't your master, I wasn't your brother, or your daddy. I think we were friends.
I still find it hard to believe that you're gone, and I tear up just thinking about you. You were a dang awesome dog! I don't care what the cat said about you...
It has been a whole year since you've been gone. And I can still feel your fluffy ears, at least in my memory.
Besides being such an awesome dog, you were there during the most pivotal part my life- The onset of manhood.
You were there when I met the woman who would become my wife, you would save me from numerous disasters before that, and you were there to welcome my three boys as any Great dog would- and you even liked Moe kitty.
I still remember clearly the first day we moved up north to be near Shannon, and I was so nervous about meeting her parents, I pulled over at a park and we hung out there for a while – if just to burn a little time. Finally after getting some courage, we hopped in the truck and drove the rest of the way to her house. As soon as we got there, you hopped out, eager to meet her parent's dog, instantly making a friend. Just like you always did.
I am sorry that I didn't devote more time to you, but you were truly my friend, and my heart aches for you buddy.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Man, oh man!!
That brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye!!!!!!!

I can relate.
Emily left us a bit over a year ago.
I still miss her. Some days a lot.
There are a few regrets.
But her love was boundless...and she always forgave.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I know. Pets are more than just an accessory. They are irreplaceable- and so are humans. I Thanks for reading. And thanks for your reply.a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

Pets are family...pure and simple

Sometimes they are better than humans.

join