It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff David Clarke: The NAACP has sold out black America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
I try my best not to question the police when something bad goes down.

First mistake right there. Why would you not question the motives of people who can throw you in a cage for any reason or for no reason at all?

Same people who could knock down your door at 5 am, shoot your dog, hold your family at gunpoint, beat you, and then laugh it off later because they read the address wrong. This is America, where fidelity always transcends comprehension.

I don't think that's a mistake and I wouldn't because I have nothing to hide. I have done nothing wrong. Also, I'm Canadian. Although this doesn't mean things like that don't happen in Canada, I'm not sure that that happens too often up here.

I trust them to know the law and to strictly uphold it to the best of their abilities. Does that mean that they aren't human and don't make mistakes? No. Maybe I'm naïve though?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

When one officer turns a blind to another officer abusing their power or framing an innocent person, for the good of the "brotherhood", they've put their humanity aside.
edit on 24-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

First mistake right there. Why would you not question the motives of people who can throw you in a cage for any reason or for no reason at all?

Same people who could knock down your door at 5 am, shoot your dog, hold your family at gunpoint, beat you, and then laugh it off later because they read the address wrong. This is America, where fidelity always transcends comprehension.

I don't think that's a mistake and I wouldn't because I have nothing to hide. I have done nothing wrong. Also, I'm Canadian. Although this doesn't mean things like that don't happen in Canada, I'm not sure that that happens too often up here.

I trust them to know the law and to strictly uphold it to the best of their abilities. Does that mean that they aren't human and don't make mistakes? No. Maybe I'm naïve though?

I wouldn't call you naive, just Canadian.

From what I can tell a lot of other countries police aren't like Americas. Apologies for assuming you were from the U.S.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I wouldn't call you naive, just Canadian.

From what I can tell a lot of other countries police aren't like Americas. Apologies for assuming you were from the U.S.

No problem at all. Very easy mistake as the majority on here are. We have problems with our police too, but knowing some police officers, it's frustrating when anyone with that title is considered bad because of a few bad apples. It's very stereotypical.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Most of the ones you posted had a flip coin after the facts came out.. Like the guy on his porch? He has been arrested for breaking into his mothers house 3 times in the past and had warrants. His body language spelled fear and this cop spotted it.

Anyway, the guy in wal-mart with what looks like an ar-15 walking around, come on.. Anyways.
The videos of the opposite far outnumber these.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

There is no excuse for the inexcusable! Demonizing the victim, after the fact, is SOP for "Blue Lives Matter" and their defenders.

You'd be a fool to think that those videos are not just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to the documentation of police abuse, corruption and cronyism.

edit on 24-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

My point is that's not the only manner of putting one's race aside, as you attempted to paint it as being.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There is no excuse for the inexcusable! Demonizing the victim, after the fact, is SOP for "Blue Lives Matter" and their defenders.

You'd be a fool to think that those videos are not just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to the documentation of police abuse, corruption and cronyism.

You'd be a fool for posting videos of people resisting arrest and acting suspicious when the request given was to post videos of people doing absolutely nothing wrong being attacked by law enforcement.

Yet here we are.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

None of those video portrayed anyone resisting arrest or acting suspiciously.

But, when you're a 'roided out paranoid cop, with a GED, an ego the size of the moon, a chip on your shoulder and an authoritarian complex, everything looks suspicious to you! When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

edit on 25-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

My point is that's not the only manner of putting one's race aside, as you attempted to paint it as being.

I'm talking about putting one's humanity aside to toe the thin blue line.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

None of those video portrayed anyone resisting arrest or acting suspiciously.

But, when you're a 'roided out paranoid cop, with a GED, an ego the size of the moon, a chip on your shoulder and an authoritarian complex, everything looks suspicious to you! When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Yes they do, according to pretty much every court. Pulling away from a cop is resisting. Good try though.

Sweet rhetoric bruh! And here I thought we were having a discussion but nope, we've just resorted to the same tired old talking points.

Here we go - drug testing would be great, and most cops aren't on steroids; as a career field, law enforcement possess above average intelligence. That means they're generally smarter than most of the rest of the population, including you; conjecture, conjecture, more conjecture.

When you're an assclown, everything looks black and white and simple.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm talking about putting one's humanity aside to toe the thin blue line.

No, you're painting that as being the only reason one would set aside one's race.

I'm not.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes they do, according to pretty much every court. Pulling away from a cop is resisting. Good try though.

So the guy that got shot at the gas station, pulled away? The woman walking along the side of freeway, pulled away? The guy at Walmart playing with a toy gun, pulled away? The guy at the traffic stop, Floyd Dent, pulled away? The guy on the porch somehow deserved it! ......No, just no!

Get real! Stop defending the indefensible! Take back your humanity!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, that officer overreacted. And was punished for it, both by being fired and getting charged. And I applaud those decisions.

The woman walking along pulled away after the officer tried to grab her, yes. If you don't see that, what with all the arm flailing and movement away from the officer, you're blind.

The guy playing at the Walmart with the toy gun that looked identical to a real gun? The toy gun that looks exactly like a SCAR assault rifle, that he had been observed carrying and waving around? That gun? Should they have shot as quick as they did? Debateable. But pretending he was standing there doing absolutely nothing is, again, blind.

The guy at the traffic stop? He wasn't giving them his hands, even when he was in a headlock. Did they go overboard? Probably so. Was he totally compliant? Nope.

Get bent with the exhortations about my humanity. If I had none, I wouldn't applaud agencies that take their own officers to task. I just don't pretend that there's some epidemic of bible carrying, on their knees praying, black people getting attacked by law enforcement.

yourself guy.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Get bent with the exhortations about my humanity.

Not as long as you continue to blindly defend the police just because they're police, supporting their corruption and turning a blind eye to their abuse of power.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Get bent with the exhortations about my humanity.

Not as long as you continue to blindly defend the police just because they're police, supporting their corruption and turning a blind eye to their abuse of power.

K well I don't. Don't confuse understanding case law with "blindly defending" anybody. I've never had any problem posting when I think a cop has stepped over the line (breaking news: I did it in the comment you just replied to) but good try, chief. Since you've lost the plot and are now making accusations that I already disproved before you even made them, we're done here.

indeed.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This isn't my first thread discussion with you. I know how you roll. You're very predictable.

Back on track. Yes, there is plenty of official confirmation that police do have problems with systematic racism. But, like I said, corruption is the problem. Address the corruption from the top down, and racism and other problems would not be able to thrive, as they do now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join