It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag queen wears clothes coated in HIV blood to festival.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
More base immaturity from the left. Grow up commies.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: crazyewok

Of course.

The crown was coated in the blood of a consenting HIV+ donor, taken by a qualified doctor, then applied to the crown to dry, letting the virus die with it.

Pink News

Hey enough with the facts and reasoning!
How will the OP attack this 'Thing' if you keep destroying their nonsense, faux outrage and entirely BS story.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's ridiculous. It's a bio-hazard, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: crazyewok

Playing with infectious blood in public is no laughing matter.

Call me old fashioned but my lab training drilled into me says you handle all blood with upmost care.

apparently it was applied to the tiara and then dried. it was dry on the tiara and no one came into contact with it with open skin or a mucous membrane. With all of your 'training' you would know how this works for this virus.

Or are we going back to the 80s where kids with HIV fro blood transfusions were kicked out of schools? That would be more than a 20 year regression.

What if there were a slight crevice in the crown or a scratch in the crown's paint that blocked some blood from sunlight and air?

Then the virus could survive for days or weeks, I believe. That's how HIV survives in syringes and gets spread via IV drug use.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
good thing the virus can't survive for more than a minute outside a host.. The blood was probably harmless, but still gross.
And who ever this guy/woman is, is really really really (and I can't stress this enough) really messed up.

I would label them a danger to society based off this one little stunt.
Get this person to a psychiatrist, stat!

HIV can survive for 4 weeks outside of its human host.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
The internet wannabe doctors on here today are pathetic. The person never has to ever come in contact with you yet you all have to b*h about the woman's own personal decisions. Fine live in your own little safe space. When I was in school people brought in a book that was written in HIV+ blood and we all passed it around and read and shared the importance of what it meant. ALL of us touched it, none of us contracted the contagion.

I guess narrow mindedness is a fad these days isn't it. Glad i don't jump on that bandwagon.

HIV could have been alive in the book's binding for a month after the book was written and could have been spread via a scratch.

And, no, you're not open-minded and enlightened because you touched a book written in human blood.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I wasn't going to post in this thread but I felt compelled to bring some truth based on fact to this issue and hopefully calm some folks down. I have personally known people who have been afflicted by this horrible and highly stigmatized illness. Because of my personal connection with these people I have had an opportunity that a lot of folks have not and that was to learn firsthand from those that this affects the most.

Now I want to be clear in that when I first read this article some time ago I thought to myself "hmm what a silly thing to do" and not because I thought the situation was dangerous but rather because of the hostile knee jerk reaction that it would illicit from the ignorant and uneducated. To be honest I did also have a moment of "WTF?!? That sounds hazardous" but that was because the title of the article I had read was misleading in that it made it sound like the individual in question was wearing a trench coat soaked in still wet blood. Once I read that it was just dried blood on a tiara I immediately calmed down knowing that that would pose virtually no risk whatsoever to any random passerby. In fact you can barely even notice the blood on the tiara in the picture.

These facts have already been presented and IGNORED but here we go again.

The virus cannot be transmitted through:

Unbroken healthy skin, because cells vulnerable to HIV infection do not exist on the surface of the skin.
Coughing or sneezing, because HIV cannot be airborne. It is not present in the tiny particles of moisture sneezed or coughed out of someone's mouth.
Spitting, because HIV cannot be transmitted in saliva.
A healthy, undamaged mouth, because cells vulnerable to HIV infection are not present in the mouth.
Unbroken barriers, such as a latex condom or the female condom, because these barriers cannot be penetrated by HIV.
Mosquitoes, because although these insects suck blood, they do not regurgitate blood containing live HIV into the bodies of other victims.
Sharing cutlery, plates or cups, because HIV cannot be transmitted in saliva.
Social contact with people with HIV, because HIV is not transmitted by touch or through the air.
Through animal bites, because animals do not carry HIV.
By caring for people with HIV (but remember the guidelines on universal precautions, see Infection control).
By donating blood in the UK.
By contact with small quantities of dried blood, because HIV will not be present in sufficient quantity (all infections through blood not injected or transfused have occurred where large quantities of blood splashed onto the broken skin of other people).
Through swimming pools, showers, washing machines, because HIV will be killed by chemicals in disinfectant and detergent, or simply just washed away.
By mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, because HIV is not present in saliva.
By touching objects such as telephones, because HIV is not transmitted by touch.
By using the same lavatory as people with HIV, because even if someone had bled into the lavatory, the water would immediately dilute the virus. Nor would HIV be picked up from blood on the lavatory seat.

A major study examining how antiretrovirals (ARVs) reduce the risk of HIV transmission among heterosexuals has found that no participant with a fully suppressed viral load infected his or her long-term HIV-negative partner. These final results from the HPTN 052 study of 1,763 mixed-HIV-status heterosexual couples were presented at the Eighth International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention in Vancouver, British Columbi

link to site

If anything all I want out of this post is to hopefully educate at least one person to some of the basic yet often overlooked truth's of this illness. Like I said I have personally known people affected by this and I hurt for them when I think about all of the ignorance, judgment and persecution they face at the hands of those that deem themselves holier than thou types that like to point fingers and wield pitchforks and torches. This disease is not the same one it was in the 80's so it's time to step into 2016 people and educate yourselves before you go witch hunting.

edit on 20-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

You make compelling points. That said, it doesn't take away from the fact that what she did was an ill-conceived, dumb-ass, attention-seeking stunt. And, with that, comes scorn and derision. She's not exempt from that just because she's trying to frame it as some social commentary.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
People are having ‘sex roulette’ parties where one person secretly has HIV

look it up

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Nice, dude.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks this is wrong !

Well done , it is wrong

Anyone who thinks it's right is a fcking idiot !

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

look it up

Where? On the innernet?
Cause everyone know they can't but something that isn't true on the innernet.

edit on 9/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You're OK with being in contact with any dried blood? Its unhygienic to say the least, not about a particular disease.

Dried and sterile vomit on your clothes isn't infectious, so do you not have a problem with sitting on the train with someone who was out all night and puked and soiled themselves as long as its dry and doesn't stink?

SMH go on say yes to prove your point

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And you know she is Liberal by.... the Bubble Boy?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
Who was in contact with her tiara, besides her?

and soiled themselves as long as its dry and doesn't stink?
It would stink even if dry. Trust me on this. *shudder*

edit on 9/20/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Fairly stupid.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

The internet wannabe doctors on here today are pathetic. The person never has to ever come in contact with you yet you all have to b*h about the woman's own personal decisions. Fine live in your own little safe space. When I was in school people brought in a book that was written in HIV+ blood and we all passed it around and read and shared the importance of what it meant.

What did it mean?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

This disease is not the same one it was in the 80's so it's time to step into 2016 people and educate yourselves before you go witch hunting.

It isn't? The disease has changed?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The sad thing is there is a real issue of people with HIV stigmatised.

What this disgusting freak has done however is does not help.

As can be seen from the response, most normal and sane people are disgusted by this stupid action. They don’t care about the reason behind, they just see a lunatic.

Only people that seem to care and think it is a good idea are hard core Libitards that didn’t need educating in the first place.

edit on 20-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

As can be seen from the response, most normal and sane people are disgusted by this stupid action. They don’t care about the reason behind, they just see a lunatic.

Only people that seem to care and think it is a good idea are hard core Libitards that didn’t need educating in the first place.

Yeah you mean old Liberals. Can't you just let the Conservatives have this one unreasonable fear and hatred of those disgusting gays and their infectious diseases???

They don't care to be educated about what's true and what's not. They like being ignorant about how things really are in the world.

They survive on fear. What will they have if you take that away from them???
edit on 20-9-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join