It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You Should Treat Dating Like a Job Interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I believe in love at first sight. I tend to follow my heart when it comes to love.

The original post in this thread was about deciding who to stay with in a relationship. Most of the time, love alone isn't enough.

I've never seen a situation where romances/relationships didn't come down to negotiations. And, negotiations require conversations/interviews.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

8. Don't be afraid to negotiate a fair salary. Your time is valuable, your compensation should reflect that. If you are discussing a long term arrangement, begin discussions for a fair severance package.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I suck at job interviews no wonder I'm perpetually single and unemployed lol.
edit on 2016-09-09T10:50:24-05:002016Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:24 -0500v000000242016-09-09T10:50:24-05:002016Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:24 -0500Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:24 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Here's a tip for both, cut out the cologne.

If that doesn't solve your interview/ dating problems, then the situation is hopeless!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That's a worthless tip I haven't used cologne since I was like 14.

And yes I've known it's been hopeless for a long time, over 10 years.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Just taking a poke at articles that always suggest to drop cologne..like it makes a difference.

Aye, I am captain of that boat. Welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've recently been taught this lesson. Since then, I try to have all those topics covered before the night is over and definitely before any shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Anybody who asks someone out and then treats them like that is just an ASS.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I'm sure it works for some. Every lock has a key I suppose.

I'll keep trying to jimmy mine open though.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion being as I do not date and never will, I believe in a natural approach...outdoors in nature... like hre is a bug or moth/butterfly...see what they say in facial expressions and body language...maybe they will give you something they feel is equal in value..?
example conversation..."hi I am of the tribe of Ty and rey..."
response.."I am of the gental yentals..."
was there a reason for feeling insulting or was that a peaceful intro... to befriending opposing genders in nature, I think you should approach differing genders with caution..so as not to offend...then see where converstion leads...depending on insult or compliment given at first meeting...hope all is well, Mr. fusion

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Gawds, I wanna just squeeze you sometimes! I totally get what you mean. And sometimes it is good to remember what these things really are, below the trappings we pile atop of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My God, is nothing organic anymore?

The sheer amount of effort that everyone puts into hooking up is madness. It's no wonder the skeezier apps are so popular. Less trouble.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Despite whatever terrible experiences you've had, the idealists in this thread don't want you to adapt. The way I look at things like this is that it's simply survival of the fittest. Realists like us are able to adapt. Idealists usually don't allow themselves to adapt (it goes against their idealisms to adapt). Thus, they'll continue to suffer. People like us can move on.

originally posted by: peppycat
hope all is well, Mr. fusion

I'm doing well, thank you. Best wishes to you. Is "Mr. fusion" a compliment?

a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm of the belief that life is a dialogue with the universe. If you think about it, every action and reaction in our life is a type of dialogue. If you look at it that way, dating couldn't be anything but an interview. Action, reaction, action, reaction...it is a dialogue/interview no matter how you look at it. It's the nature of the universe.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I once treated a job interview like a date.

I didn't get the job, but I got the guy drunk and he let me get to second base.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Anybody who asks someone out and then treats them like that is just an ASS.

From my point of view, there's no escaping the "interview" nature of dating. The film Groundhog Day lays it out in detail. I've read and heard a lot about that movie, but I've never seen anyone criticize the nature of the date scenes. Dating is an interview. That's reality, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

www.youtube.com...

Women are generally worse about that than men, based on everything I know. I believe Madonna's "Material Girl" and Katy Perry's "If You Can Afford Me" are about the interview nature of dating. Just like the film clip above, I believe it should be self-apparent.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait...what? You're a guy right? Wouldn't 2nd base with two dudes just be shirts off? That seems underwhelming...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I'm awesome at job interviews. The same reason I've worked in over 20 restaurants is the same reason women don't want to date me.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJ4life

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait...what? You're a guy right? Wouldn't 2nd base with two dudes just be shirts off? That seems underwhelming...

And what is wrong with two men in a job interview getting drunk and rubbing moobs?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I mean, generally, yes, but- 5. Don’t act desperate...
Just funny)))

top topics

<< 1   >>

join