It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Interest Rates are hammering the poor

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Money is barter. Money is a much more efficient way to value goods and services and expand trade.

There is no way barter works in a complex economy. It simply isn't efficient enough. Bartering only really works one on one and assumes both sides have something of equal value that is needed.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
How about an alternative to gold-based currencies since America hasn't any gold left...

How about a currency unit of "One #ing""?

Each "#" would allow the bearer one hour of quality time with a hooker.

This way, the government would never run out of reserves as the supply is potentially nearly limitless, yet it could increase the money supply if it needed in times of depression, by calling in public officials etc..

And inflation would not be a problem as if the currency fell, the market would reduce the supply available automatically.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MenWIthHugeApplause

You have your money stolen (eg. someone took it from under your mattress), you have to pay the rent - what else can you do if you cannot borrow from a bank?

The fact is that life does throw curved balls once in a while and with no access to bank borrowing, people have to borrow from somewhere.

The poor get hit many ways. I buy nice washer and dryer pay 2000 cash and the poor get 300 dollar washer and dryer and pay 2000 also after interest. I get my house for 3% 30 year fix and the poor get some crappy place for 15%, I buy a 60k car on a 5 year 0 interest loan the poor get a 10 year old car on 20% and so on... The poor always see well above 10% on everything they do.

edit on 12-8-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Low interest rates were and are still supported by criminal bankers at the ECB. Their plan seems to be hyperinflation in a desperate attempt to bail-out the italian banking system which is in a complete state of bankruptcy since 1993. Any attempt at printing money for Italy will result in immediate hyperinflation in Germany and weimarization of whatever is left of Germany.
Same goes for Greece, Portugal, Spain and all bankruptsters.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If all work is worth the same you've either reinvented communism, or if work entitles people to different amounts of goods, you've reinvented currency.

The idea is not that all work is worth the same.

You should need a lot more, say, food farmers than accountants.

But the idea is that once you have negotiated the weighting between all enterprises (and respectives roles in those enterprises) in a city, then money units becomes redundant and obsolete, and a one time citizen badge serves the whole purpose of exchange.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

There are already logistics businesses to ensure that trucks never drive empty. So the round trip to 3 destinations fro the same product make sense, but there should also be an effort to make sure it is driving home with a full load as well for maximum efficiency. The barge industry has been doing this for years.

I just cannot see a pure barter system working efficiently in traditional commerce between large corporations. It is preferable to utilize a real currency, like gold and silver. IOU's , aka bank notes, should be outlawed, or legislated to the point only a specific amount is allowed to be in circulation. Digital currency should be abolished for the sake of economic stability over time.

I currently work for a wholesale meat industry: trucks deliver to us full, and leave empty; and we deliver full trucks, and they come back empty.

Large corporations are not efficient, are they, and are most all operating at a loss aren't they? You didn't refute that point I asked about earlier.

What difference does it make, if you use gold or silver as currency, versus paper book entries, or electronic book entries?
It is just an accounting mechanism, right?
Using gold and silver costs more to account with, doesn't it?.
edit on 27-8-2016 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join