It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Blacks Have For Social Justice Warriors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
I have posted a few different threads recently discussing race relations in the USA lately. As expected, the usual suspects came out crying "racism" and calling myself and others all kinds of disrespectful names. I have been seeing these phrases being thrown around all willy nilly a lot recently: "covert racist" "KKK sympathizer" "undercover racist" "neo-nazi" etc. The list goes on. It is highly disrespectful to dismiss someone as a racist just because they disagree with your point of view. It is also highly disrespectful to call someone a racist without actual evidence of racism. It really does bother me that it is so easy and acceptable to dismiss someone as a racist these days.

I agree with a few of these points. The relevant stuff to me is like when the kid in the white shirt who spoke about why is it that the discussion about black on black violence is being marginalized. As a black man that issue is very important to me especially since I was nearly killed by gun violence myself, yet when I bring these issues up, people want to silence me or avoid the topic. It shouldn't take a white man or cop trying to end my life to bring up concerns about violence against black people.

I also agree with the dude with the cowboy bebop shirt. Rioting in your own community is moronic. If you have the balls to destroy out of rage, go down to the police department and show the world how real you are about taking action. And the comment about reparations. I don't understand why anyone would want reparations. What are you going to do with reparation money? who will you get it from. Its a dumb discussion and I find that the people who cling to that aren't necessarily the most morally sound or are people who aren't go getters, meaning people that want to bust their ass day in and day out to gain some self sustenance in life.

I'm not sure why folks are surprised to see black people with these opinions though? If people stopped relying on 3rd person experience and media narratives to form baseless opinions about an entire segment of the population, you'd realize that there are thousands of black people in America who have some of these views. I don't necessarily agree with everything said in this video, but I don't find their opinions to be bad either. I don't really care about the discussion on feminism because it just leads to nauseating hypocrisy from all angles.

edit on 17-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 17 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: large quote trimmed

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Just as my thread earlier this week stated.....

Racism, Us VS Them, and Useful Idiots.

If you're not with them 101%, you're against them. You're a racist. And the sad part is, they are ignorantly unaware of the fact that they are serving the ones really pulling the strings as useful idiots.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The video is a pretty good compilation of valid points. Heads up to the hearing impaired; the captions have quite a few mistakes with the words used. Sometimes even stating the opposite of what the speaker is saying.

We have a serious problem on our hands with the SJW emotionally unstable bunch... I do, however, believe that the supposed "movement" will fizzle out, as it holds zero water. It is a moot platform.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of course in your typical fashion you have to try and twist the words I type, spinning the meaning I intended into something that fits the way you would like me and my ideas to be portrayed.

Tribalism is the state of being organized in, or advocating for, a tribe or tribes. In terms of conformity, tribalism may also refer in popular cultural terms to a way of thinking or behaving in which people are more loyal to their tribe than to their friends, their country, or any other social group.[1]

Keep calling me racist, it just makes you look like an extra strength XXL serving of used summer's eve.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
. The list goes on. It is highly disrespectful to dismiss someone as a racist just because they disagree with your point of view. It is also highly disrespectful to call someone a racist without actual evidence of racism. It really does bother me that it is so easy and acceptable to dismiss someone as a racist these days.

You mean like the several threads over that last couple of days that imply that only Black racists support the BLM movement?

It's really simple:

If you don't want to be called a racists, don't say racist things.

Example:

"A large percentage of violent crimes are committed by Blacks."

The above is factual, there's nothing wrong with stating it. Free speech.

"Black people should stop complaining because they commit the most violent crimes"

The above statement concludes that ALL Black people commit violent crimes, which is not only false, but also bigotry.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

Considering the fact that 90% of the responses you give are calling people racists, are you really surprised that this can be surprising? You have actually called me a racist roughly 10 times since I registered this account, and I am very far from it.

It is nice and refreshing to see some intelligent black men asking the question...

"Why do you think all white people are racist?"

Look at how black people treat black people that do not support the Democrat agenda. They get called all kinds of nonsense. We need people to move away from the group think, especially based on color lines.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

I think you might be missing the point. If a white person says either of those statements, they are called racist.

The definition of racist has been changed into this:

Racism; Noun,1. All people of, or that appear to be, caucasion. 2. Also can be used to describe someone that does not agree with you. 3. Republicans

Pop culture, colleges, the media, and the political class, have all worked very hard to change the definition of this word. People all over the internet, including ATS, are evidence of this.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've heard so many ridiculous notions lately.. of what people are supposedly scared of. People are scared of being equal, really.. yes, we are scared of being equal. And now I suppose I am scared of there not being a problem too..

No, I don't think so.. but I will think about it regardless. Why would I be scared of there not being a problem? Because I would lack a purpose without a problem?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Not so much lacking a purpose...your posts can appear like you are looking forward to chaos ....

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Do you have a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I prefer to live and let live, i do not want to see the world we live in burn...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It needs to burn..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join