It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox censors cartoon butt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Do you know this cartoon show?

Apparently Fox blurred a character's rear end of the hit cartoon tv show Family Guy. What blows my mind away, the censoring was done on a rerun. Ya totally, the image was seen five years ago uncensored when the episode originally aired, and without following fines from the FCC.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050117/ap_on_en_tv/tv_obscured_rear&printer=1

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looks like the days of cartoon nudity are ending. Farewell

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Too bad. Now people won't be seeing Bart doing his best Randy Moss impression.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What confuses me is why they don't want networks to show cartoon butts (even Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are guilty of this), but it is perfectly fine to show women in labor and their newborns covered in blood and fluid.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OKAY, NOW I'VE HAD WITH THE FCC, FIRST CENSORING A PART OF DC3(Destiny's Child) song "Solider"-"Better Carry "big things/beep/music" if ya' know what I mean." It's not even offensive and is already "self-censored"!
I already have a post on here, Should the FCC begone because of M&M and Thomas Paine?
Anyway, make network execs at Cartoon Network is STUPID! This BS,and all of it! Yet, do they censor blood and gore if Micheal Moore is involved. No!
Why? B/c he is "telling" Americans in general what to think of the UN, who these ppl kiss a** up to! So censorship is OK, if it supports the UN's and BBC views of how realiable they all for Brainwashing the public. I hate living in the midwest, I wanna live some palce where I can complain about the UN, Paris Hilton, BSB, and the Controdictions of different "branches" of churches and debate them especially how the last three connect, it's cool!

Does everyone agree? I wanna see bart almost naked again, or Fry for that matter!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Do you know this cartoon show?

It's one of the funniest shows on TV (ever).

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has ever seen the cartoon "Drawn Together" which airs on Comedy Central but they had full frontal cartoon nudity. They were explaining to the Princess how people had sex and showed the cartoon goods.

Fox has a history of messing with the Family guy then even refused to air a entire episode "Wish apon a Wiestien" Which dealt with Peter wanting to convert his son to the Jewish faith. Comedy Central was the first to air this episode.

I also remember Cartoon Network editing out a part in Futurama were the Professor talked about a Zombie Jesus and in their version it was just silence.

I dont understand why something is OK a few years ago but now networks feel the need to censor parts of it.

BTW the Family guy is going to have a run of new shows starting this year. The DVD sales were through the roof and the networks now know its got a large following. Im not sure but I think Fox has it for the new run and this is why we are seeing reruns on their network now.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was watching a movie on HBO and they censored out the word "#head". It was like they do on Fox or some other channel. They dubbed over it with something else. I was like "what the F?" Very strange.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Shelly and the Anus!!!

Family guy rocks... Especially the evil monkey who lives in chris' wardrobe!!!

top topics

join