It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York police deploy helicopters and K-9 units to find teen who skipped $2.75 subway fare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
He might have been on a watch list.

Or the "escape" triggered an automatic drill exercise.

edit on Jun-22-2016 by xuenchen because: isis

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Spider879
I told her that it's a reminder of her white privilege

What a lucky person to have you as their life partner

Hell yeah, she's lucky. More white privilege, I say (totally kidding).

Seriously though, we aren't that type to talk about privilege or race all the time. That's why we discussed it regarding that scenario: because it was such an obvious example of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

It should be acceptable for just about every single drug user - notdealer, to escape from custody for starters. So yeah id say both your example should be okay to 'escape.'

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Damn where is this at? In Denver they handcuff you for a moment to take you off the rail but then they write up a citation with an 80$ fine and send you on your way. I have seen it many times. Most of the time yes - to a black teenager.

That being said when they drop their citizen act and come through they are checking everybodys ticket in that car. I have always had mine when the time is right. Have I also hopped on there without a ticket for times sake? You betcha.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Nice find, for $2.75? I bet for all the manpower and helicopter usage this cost over $5000.00. Crazy!
I know right? Cue the Twilight Zone intro.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: Abysha

Damn where is this at? In Denver they handcuff you for a moment to take you off the rail but then they write up a citation with an 80$ fine and send you on your way. I have seen it many times. Most of the time yes - to a black teenager.

That being said when they drop their citizen act and come through they are checking everybodys ticket in that car. I have always had mine when the time is right. Have I also hopped on there without a ticket for times sake? You betcha.

In Portland. I think generally, they do the cuff-fine-and-release thing here but the kid she was sitting next to said he was just travelling through to California (I'm totally making that part up; I don't know where he was headed) and got held up "for a few days" because of skipping out on buying a pass. Her inspection was on the way to work and her conversation was on her way home so it impacted her more because she had this whole day to think "that's not so bad, why are people afraid of them" to riding home with a guy who told her exactly why. Perspective shifts and all that jazz.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This reminds me of that Alaskan State Trooper show. The camera crew followed a trooper as he drove around conducting this "investigation" of sorts, even jumping in a plane and flying 200 miles away to find the suspect.

What did they eventually bust him with?

A bowl of pot.

Makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
This reminds me of that Alaskan State Trooper show. The camera crew followed a trooper as he drove around conducting this "investigation" of sorts, even jumping in a plane and flying 200 miles away to find the suspect.

A bowl of pot.

Makes me sick.

How big was the bowl..

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

A bowl of pot.

Makes me sick.

How big was the bowl..

Sorry, pipe is the better term.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

A bowl of pot.

Makes me sick.

How big was the bowl..

I knew what you meant by bowl..

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A bowl of pot.

Makes me sick.

How big was the bowl..

I knew what you meant by bowl..

I meant what you knew.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

new york also banned large beverages, welcome to freedom

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

They tried and failed. Welcome to reality.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe I misunderstand your point (I understand it to be, that New York never did go through with the ban), but New York DID ban large beverages - the article you linked to says that the court refused to reinstate the ban and goes on to discuss how the Board of Health "exceeded the scope if it regulatory authority in enacting the proposal".

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes....the MSM set these folks up...I posted yesterday that the picture had sign in the upper right hand corner that read "heroin dealer"...now I see from another site the entire picture... the sign reads "kill your local heroin dealer".

The article goes on....these people were not drug bad guys as I stated...and assumed like a few others...they were gun nuts from PA riding into NYC in a jacked up, big tire and loud colored SUV....a vehicle that might not be usual sight in the NYC area and certainly a vehicle to catch the cop's attention...cracked wind shield or not.

Point is the MSM can and does twist the truth, crop a picture and stir up the locals with hot news about guns, ammo, maybe a terrorist threat nabbed by police...might of been make a hero day...who knows.

Thats not news...that is Hollywood.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Helo already in the air, burning fuel....
Officers on the clock... getting paid....
... they get diverted to search for someone....

So what exactly was wasted?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

this is how stupid that ban was, i was working in Florida for a company that was hq'd in NY and couldn't get a large bev. in Florida. they may have got rid of it but that doesn't mean its not reality. i dont live there so im not locked 247 on their beverage game. lol tool.
edit on 25-6-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Idiocracy! !!! We must be living in a very bad b movie. You'd think a rational person might exist on that police force of imbeciles to stop such a waste.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This really is one of those wtf stories, i wonder if our resident LEO's can come in and spin this story to make the police look like they were doing the right thing....

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What a screwed up world we live in....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join