It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I fail to see why this is such a big deal. Why can't these people go behind the dumpster like a normal person.

Um....ewww???

What's your position on this one?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I fail to see why this is such a big deal. Why can't these people go behind the dumpster like a normal person.

Um....ewww???

I don't want to look like a perv so I just do my business and ignore everyone else.

I didn't notice anything amiss in Target.
edit on 18-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Back in the days we had the Lesbian/Gay movement, which i support.

Then the T came in, and the term LGBT was termed.

I was not happy about it, being lesbian/gay is a sexual orientation.
Being Trans is a body/gender issue.

2 completely different topics.
This whole Bathroom issue is a Trans topic.

Lesbians/Gays have nothing to do with it. They have the least problem in using a same sex bathroom.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
So why don't cisgenders have the right to use whatever bathroom they feel like?

What about their rights?

Discrimination I say.

No one gets to use the bathroom they "feel like" using; people get to use the bathroom that matches their plumbing. No discrimination there.

That's not true at all.

A guy with a penis who identifies as feminine is free to use the ladies room. Why shouldnt a cisgender with the same plumbing have the same choice? What if "he" feels more comfortable in the "ladies" room?
edit on 18-6-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
I know this thread is about your fear.

I was responding to a statement made from ignorance. Part of a quote in the OP. What's the motto of ATS, again?

No, the topic is LGBT activists complaining about MEN identyfying as MEN being told to use the correct restroom. On topic, please.

Yeah, well. There are extreme points of view and overreactions on various things, aren't there. Some people.

edit on 6/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not sure how you are meaning that.

Y vs X chromosomes are an inherent very foundational part of DNA.

Double X vs XY determine sex. So, I'm a bit puzzled by your assertion.

Oh, sorry, off topic. I invite you to PM me . . . as I'd really like to understand your thinking better. It seems obtuse, to me, to say that XX or XY are not part of DNA.

edit on 18/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

They are presumed to be men who identify as men, which in PC parlance is called "cisgender."

Behold, my true identity!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

INDEED.

In China . . . we 'barbarians' learned that the character that was the simplest was for women's bathrooms. LOL.

Much ado about little or nothing is a favorite strategy of the oligarchy to shred and stress the culture.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

So Arbin fired off an email to set things straight by referencing a recent dustup over President Obama’s decree that men who identify as women should be able to use the porta-potty of their choosing.

“WE are NOT Target,” he wrote to the lifeguards. “USE the locker room that corresponds to your DNA…If You’re NOT SURE go to Target.”

It’s just too bad that the LGBT activists in Maryland don’t share our sense of humor.

Should be rather obvious that the disagreement is about the choice to slam target's recent socio-political standpoints over saying "You are not transgender and really have no business in the women's locker room".

Title should be "Lifeguard successfully baits social justice warriors"
edit on 18-6-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Um....ewww???

I don't want to look like a perv so I just do my business and ignore everyone else.

I didn't notice anything amiss in Target.

I wouldn't myself, because we no longer shop there. Closer, more convenient, but I don't like their policies, and I do care about my kids. They don't want to share a restroom with the opposite sex.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Back in the days we had the Lesbian/Gay movement, which i support.

Then the T came in, and the term LGBT was termed.

I was not happy about it, being lesbian/gay is a sexual orientation.
Being Trans is a body/gender issue.

2 completely different topics.
This whole Bathroom issue is a Trans topic.

Lesbians/Gays have nothing to do with it. They have the least problem in using a same sex bathroom.

Not the first time I have heard that stated!! Actually read an article by a gay journalist, talking about wanting to "drop the T", because of all of the setbacks that bunch is causing.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

So why don't cisgenders have the right to use whatever bathroom they feel like?

What about their rights?

Discrimination I say.

No one gets to use the bathroom they "feel like" using; people get to use the bathroom that matches their plumbing. No discrimination there.

That's not true at all.

A guy with a penis who identifies as feminine is free to use the ladies room. Why shouldnt a cisgender with the same plumbing have the same choice? What if "he" feels more comfortable in the "ladies" room?

Because people with a penis don't belong in the ladies' room. This isn't complicated. I don't care how someone feels about who or what they are, but I do care about safety. A lot of trans people are NOT homosexual, so we are told, meaning they still have an interest in the opposite sex. So, you can have some guy in a ladies' locker room who liked women, and is there because he "feels like" he's a woman, and you don't see that as a problem?

Well, lots of people do, as the falling stock of Target can attest. What if all the ladies don't feel comfortable with the guy in there? Why are his feelings more important than theirs??

I don't want anyone bullied in a bathroom. However, that includes the women and girls. This sort of thing isn't going to help anyone. It's more likely to cause bullying.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Sounds like a Breitbart bit.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I was responding to a statement made from ignorance. Part of a quote in the OP. What's the motto of ATS, again?

No, the topic is LGBT activists complaining about MEN identyfying as MEN being told to use the correct restroom. On topic, please.

Yeah, well. There are extreme points of view and overreactions on various things, aren't there. Some people.

That's a fact of life. In this case, the point is that people siding with the anything goes bathrooms claimed regular guys wouldn't be using the wrong one, and that's clearly not true. Plus, the trans people don't want there to be such a limitation. That's the point. People flat out lied.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Oh, that mean, hateful, discriminating kid!!! She needs a class, clearly......

/sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

That's a fact of life. In this case, the point is that people siding with the anything goes bathrooms claimed regular guys wouldn't be using the wrong one, and that's clearly not true. Plus, the trans people don't want there to be such a limitation. That's the point. People flat out lied.

You're citing a story that is clearly being done as some sort of joke in the face of the controversy, though.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Oh, that mean, hateful, discriminating kid!!! She needs a class, clearly......

/sarcasm.

Full applause indeed.

No argument is complete without a straw-meme.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot
Should be rather obvious that the disagreement is about the choice to slam target's recent socio-political standpoints over saying "You are not transgender and really have no business in the women's locker room".

Title should be "Lifeguard successfully baits social justice warriors"

The guy made a joke, and a valid point. He addressed a real issue, of men, identifying as men, using the ladies' room. Trans people defended their right to do so. We were told that wasn't going to happen.

I do see your point, however.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

You're citing a story that is clearly being done as some sort of joke in the face of the controversy, though.

The story is real, and the guy's position was threatened. The women involved were uncomfortable. I don't think any of them are joking. This is a real world consequence of these new policies. Add in all of the cases of men in these rooms, behaving badly, and it's clear this was a bad idea.

Had no one said a word, people wouldn't have paid any attention, for the most part. Yet some student was used to push the agenda, and now everyone is upset. Does anyone think this makes people look at a trans person in a better light? A lot of people are going to do just he opposite now, and I believe that's intentional as well. Divide and conquer.

This isn't about some dude that wants to be a girl going into a stall and doing his business, and minding his business. This is about other guys taking advantage of these new policies to get into a room where they have no legitimate business. That's not a joke, at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join