It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of Kate Steinle Files Lawsuit Over Her Murder By Illegal Alien on SF Pier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The family of Kate Steinle, who was murdered in San Francisco by an illegal immigrant, is suing multiple parties.

The suit mentions several general defects in government all the way from sanctuary cities to failures by officials.

And apparently SF is STILL a sponsored sanctuary city !!!

I hope they get everybody responsible for these government breakdowns.

Good: Family of Kate Steinle Files Lawsuit Over Her Murder By Illegal Alien on SF Pier

Relatives of the woman shot to death on a San Francisco pier last year filed a lawsuit Friday saying the illegal immigrant accused in the killing should have been in custody if not for a series of mistakes by city and federal workers.

The killing of Kate Steinle in July 2015 and the arrest of Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez put San Francisco’s leaders on the defensive as critics and outside politicians called for a change in the city’s sanctuary law. Despite national outrage, San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors on Tuesday upheld those protections for people in the country illegally.

The sheriff at the time of the killing, Ross Mirkarimi, is named in the lawsuit, along with ICE and the Bureau of Land Management. Mirkarimi previously defended the release of the suspect, a repeat drug offender and habitual border-crosser.

Justice

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I really hope they win. It is utter lunacy that the citizens have to sue the government in order for them to do their job.

There should never be an illegal immigrant that is a repeat offender. If they break a law or if their illegal status should become known by the authorities they should serve jail time then be sent back to their country. And if that border was locked down like it should be then we wouldn't have to worry about them coming back.

This whole situation makes me angry.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

One can truly sense their loss, and not only for their loved one, but for justice and society, who deprived them the protection and right to live in peace.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Nice pawn piece for the slaughter still at it. Let your daughter rest and give the ridiculousness a rest. Whats next a lavoys law.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Yea, but you can't deport them. They haven't voted for a democrat yet.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I usually scoff at most lawsuits, being most are frivolous, but in this case I think they do have a legitimate case. It would be a little harder if the person just snuck in and wasn't caught, but the fact that they are letting these people in and not enforcing the law is purely negligent and illegal.

I am not sure though that this will make the gov change their ways as it isn't their money that is being payed out, and we are broke anyway.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Yea, but you can't deport them. They haven't voted for a democrat yet.

They can always request an absentee ballot in advance.

top topics

join