It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House’s Susan Rice: U.S. national security agencies are too white

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In a speech at a University commencement, Susan Rice (an Administration national security adviser) spoke about too many White people in key government positions !!!!!

Jesus, when is the Obama Administration going to cool their jets with the constant divide and conquer tactics.

She really poured it on. Way beyond speculation or suggestive.

One comment was about "groupthink".

But I don't see anything blaming any videos anywhere.

White House’s Susan Rice: U.S. national security agencies are too white

In a White House often accused of being stacked with loyalists, President Obama’s national security adviser said Wednesday there are too many white people in key government posts, endangering national security because they think alike.

Speaking at Florida International University’s commencement, Susan E. Rice, who is black, said a diversified government workforce is more likely to yield “better outcomes” than a predominantly white one.

Referring to criticism that the U.S. national security workforce is “white, male and Yale,” Ms. Rice told the graduates, “In the halls of power, in the faces of our national security leaders, America is still not fully reflected.”

! ! !

/

+13 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
White people are bad that study too much and work too hard, it makes everyone else feel inferior.

Bad white people!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Lets just keep dismissing things like this and pretending it means nothing! I'm sure this won't turn in to something tyrannical or murderous!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Perhaps that is why they get things done!
cheers

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I think Compton is too black. So what?!

+15 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
...“By now, we should all know the dangers of ‘groupthink,’

We do, it's what got your boss elected...

Dumb ass

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Your right it needs some diversity.

We should buy half the houses there and kick the occupants out so we can inject some Asians and white people, even possibly a Mexican, but mexicans and black people dont like each other so hows that going to work?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Doesn't need to work. Just can't have all white people. Need diversity. So if they fight then it's fine. 'Cause it's diverse. And that's all that matters.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And she said that with conviction...but didn't quit her token govy job in protest instead show-up one day a month to muster so her paychecks and retirement kept rolling-on.

A la JPZ..."conviction indeed".

For background, the Vatican controls 100% of the make-up of CIA, NSA, etc..
Just ask the Kennady's
edit on 11-5-2016 by Granite because: Sp

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

We need to focus on diversity in China. Not enough black and white people definitely not enough Latinos.

I dont know why the chinese are so racist.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What? China's not racist. They aren't white.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Actually, I think we need sone ethnic diversity in everything....

Lets do a Chairman Mao and make an 'ethnic' revolution (similar to the Cultural Revolution) so we can take unskilled and unintelligent people that do not have qualifications to hold the position and put them in charge. (kinda like boxing day but permanent)

Then we can take the educated and qualified personnel and demonize them for being good at their jobs and smart.

Then we can reject all classical music.

Then we reject all arts and sciences.

Then we have a new perfect communistic nation of easily led sheep that are truly part of the cause and militarize them....

Then we gradually introduce the culturally devastated shell of a nation back to corporate greed and corrupt capitalism and voila, USA is the next China...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Too many white people.

What is the right ratio of white people? Go ahead, Susan; give us the magic number. Let me guess ... is it zero?

If I say that Obama is not my president, then traditionalists get really upset that I am not respecting the office. But I am clearly not one of his citizens. Even though he literally doesn't know I exist, he is constantly working against my interests and the interests of anyone like me. The reason Trump has gotten as far as he has, is because he is sweeping up all the people that the Progressives have ignored or belittled.

Obama's administration has only served a portion of the nation. The rest of us can just go eat fudge.

If I said the white house had too many ethnics in it, I'd be a racist.

Fine, it has too few whites.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
What? China's not racist. They aren't white.

Oh yeah thanks for the refresher.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No problem. Remember. If they aren't white, they aren't racist.

+5 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Only a butt-hurt racist with an agenda would want all designated national security personnel within the US government to be employed based on skin colour above all other criteria.

Anyone else with common sense would base it primarily on merit and capability - but not this extra-precious snowflake.

Has anyone suggested she be drug and alcohol tested? I mean, if she's the National Security Adviser and going on some racist tirade opining the lack of non-whites in security positions, she needs to step down and be treated - she's lost the plot.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think Susan is just a stooge and parrots whatever the bosses tell her to.

She has been in more than one official appointed position and each one was a parrot roost.

Can't really find anything original coming from her as an individual.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I saw a little experiment in my last job. Four black people were introduced one-by-one into teams that were all white. Invariably, the black folks formed a little hub and wouldn't cooperate. I was astonished, not with the outcome, but that it was even tested in that particular environment and then openly discussed amongst white folks.

ETA: Whatevahs. Susan Rice is a chunt and I don't give a damn about her opinion or any other person on 0bama's staff.
edit on 1152016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The whole system needs a big overhaul. Good way to deflect from that. Maybe adding diversity can help it-keep the pesky databases from entangling innocent people deemed a threat? For the most part a lot of it appears to be useless anyhow(ie Fusion Centers, etc).

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Has anyone suggested she be drug and alcohol tested? I mean, if she's the National Security Adviser and going on some racist tirade opining the lack of non-whites in security positions, she needs to step down and be treated - she's lost the plot.

Susan Rice did not go on a racist tirade. The article is pretty terrible. First and foremost, she didn't say, "U.S. national security agencies are too white" — those words never came out of her mouth. You can read her actual speech here if you care too, the President, VP, cabinet members, First Lady, etc all have transcriptions of their speeches available at whitehouse.gov.

The closest she came to that was quoting former Florida Senator Bob Graham:

Too often, our national security workforce has been what former Florida Senator Bob Graham called “white, male, and Yale.”

She also didn't say this (OP's source):

Obama’s national security adviser said Wednesday there are too many white people in key government posts, endangering national security because they think alike.

What she actually said was this (whitehouse.gov link):

By now, we should all know the dangers of “groupthink,” where folks who are alike often think alike. By contrast, groups comprised of different people tend to question one another’s assumptions, draw on divergent perspectives and experiences, and yield better outcomes. Whether we’re confronting ISIL or Ebola, cybersecurity or climate change, solving today’s multifaceted global challenges demand more varied viewpoints and experiences than ever.

Even as spin goes, this is pretty egregious. They've basically tried to paraphrase themselves a news story. In other words, ironically, the real race pimping here is coming from the Washington Times.

On a side note, I avoid the Washington Times at all costs as it was founded by Rev. Sun Myung Moon for the express purpose of generating right-wing propaganda and continues to be operated by his children/cult.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join