It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new from ireland! Advice needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
hi
im 29,im a girl and im from ireland and here's what brought me here;

i found this forum today after some google searches i made after i woke from another one of my 'episodes'.
i don't even know what to say here really, I'm just looking for help,answers or advice from open-minded people.
anyone i have spoke to about this before just looks blankly at me, I've never met anyone that experiences what i do & if i could find at least 1 person here that does i'd be happy.

basically, i've had sleep paralysis for as long as i can remember,all the usual signs,falling, someones in the room, weight on your chest etc etc. sometimes im awake in my dreams if that makes sense? like, i know im dreaming & i can control my dreams sometimes.
but over the last 6 months its been getting stronger to the point where i feel rushes in my body and head,like waves,then these extreme vibrations, i panic because of these things and i start fighting to wake myself up. i don't know what this is, its new. i had grown used to the paralysis and it didn't bother me anymore,but this does. these rushing,waves and vibration sensations only seem to happen when i sleep during the day.
i have no medical conditions, not on any medication... it scares me and i want it to go away...

apologies to admin/moderators if i shouldnt have written this here

thanks to anyone that took their time to read this

edit on 11 5 2016 by Dawnek9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dawnek9

Welcome to ATS!

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it seems like you'll fit right in.

And don't worry, this is your introduction thread, you can discuss what you'd like. I would encourage you to read our Terms & Conditions just to get an idea of our rule set.

Then I would suggest going down to our Avatar Creators Page and getting some bling for your profile

If you need anything from staff, just click on my signature below and send me a PM.

Again Welcome!

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Great..welcome to the zoo.
What are your thoughts...and the local buzz on trump?
Cheers

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hi Dawnek9 and welcome to ATS
there are many threads on sleep paralysis on this site,and a mountain of interesting other threads on various phenomena that people have seen or experienced.So you will find a lot of interest.I have had SP only about 3 times but it was on 2 occasions only a matter of waking up and not able to move or see but i could hear.The other time i got pulled out of my body.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Bout ye hi,

Sorry to hear about the sleep problems. There are some very cool people here who are very supportive and friendly, and also some great information.

Have a look around the threads and see what grabs you, and as tothethenthpower said, get yourself an avatar - that is where I got mine - the good folks at the Avatar Creation Facility

Have fun, and let me know if you need any help.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Hi and Hello to you Dawneek9 from us in England. Welcome to ATS, I don't have experience with this kind of insomnia but I suspect there will be people who can help you and give you some good advice on here. Look forward to your thought on som elf the subjects here.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Hi Dawnek9 and welcome to ATS
there are many threads on sleep paralysis on this site,and a mountain of interesting other threads on various phenomena that people have seen or experienced.So you will find a lot of interest.I have had SP only about 3 times but it was on 2 occasions only a matter of waking up and not able to move or see but i could hear.The other time i got pulled out of my body.

thanks for your reply, wow, i don't think i'd fancy been pulled out of my body :O thats really scary
i'll have a look for those threads now

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
thanks for the welcomes guys
i'm trying to sort an avatar at the minute, i had ad-blocker and for some reason it wouldn't let me upload anything... can someone tell me what the flags are for?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Welcome

Hope you enjoy the site as much as we do. You sound like you'll fit right in.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Welcome

Hope you enjoy the site as much as we do. You sound like you'll fit right in.

Thank you

edit on 11 5 2016 by Dawnek9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, you will meet many wonderful people!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Flags are a positive thing here. If you flag a thread, then it helps to get it noticed by others.

Please don't use ad blockers here. It's not only against the site's T&Cs, they can limit what works for you here and what doesn't. Just add ATS to your "safe" list so the ad blocker doesn't run here.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I regularly have sleep paralysis. I also get the EXTREME shaking you are getting as well as a rushy feeling to instantly try to wake myself up. i wouldnt worry about it. Sleep paralysis is just weird.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Hi and welcome! What you're describing is called Lucid Dreaming, and what you are starting to do is called Astral Projection.

Here's a forum: MY OBE/Astral projeciton Experiences I wrote that might help you on your journey!

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Welcome to the forums.
I was going to type out a whole thing here but I think you've created another thread about this specifically so I'll add to that instead.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Hi and welcome! What you're describing is called Lucid Dreaming, and what you are starting to do is called Astral Projection.

Here's a forum: MY OBE/Astral projeciton Experiences I wrote that might help you on your journey!

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

is there anyway i can stop it? i dont want to project,i just want to sleep

that is very interesting, and lots to read! ill have a look later when i get home
thank you..

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello and Welcome!

hello & thank you!!

top topics

join