It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Shuts Down Comments on Malia Obama Article When Realizing How Racist their Readers Are

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'm not arguing that these commenters aren't racists, I'm arguing the statement that all of Fox news viewers are racist based on evidence from a comment board on the internet is unsusbstantiated by real evidence and not something I would go running around stating as a fact if I were trying to be someone that people looked at as honest.

Point out where I said such a thing and why you need to argue with me about this.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nah man, It's right there, I read it on the internet /sarc

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: reldra

Well she is related to Obama and there is a lot of anger right now towards his failed Presidency. Taking it out on his daughter is extreme, but I understand displaced anger. My wife gets angry at me after a hard day at work out of convenience.

FAILED presidency? Please. He's a been incredibly dissapointing yo everyone. Even me, a former fan of his. Very very dissapointing and a waste of potential. But failed? No. Failed would be leading us to 2 wars for no reason whatsoever other than oil and god told him to. Failed is stealing an election. Yes yes...get over it, I know. Somehow I think you rabid anti Obama types will be going on about him for looooooooong time. W Bush is a failed Presidency. Trump will be. Obama is merely....meh, what a disappointment.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
None of that addresses the issue - because you can't see that it is an issue. What I don't understand is - why is it so hard to just denounce racism?

WTF was this:

but would never devolve into racist horsesnip to voice their disapproval with him? The OP is an embarrassment for which the commenters involved should hang their heads in shame,

Jesus Christ man, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for but you're trying to gig me for not "denouncing racism" while using a quote from me in which I did exactly that. You're cutting your own nose off purely to spite your face here.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
call me Hitler, I shake your hand, call me a ni**er and I'll call ya one right back! haha everyone so concerned with racism, its not gonna go away, especially with all those people playing "poor me" race cards and crying like sissy girls. just feeds the fire.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You didn't, I never said you did, you just highlighted a portion of the OP and dropped the mic

You're the one trying to make the point that people can use fake names everywhere on the internet but in this case you're pretty sure they didn't

I never want to argue with you man it's excruciating - I just don't see this as anything other than "Another day on the world wide web"

Words don't have power unless you give it to them.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

But Wilmore made the comment in public.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Jesus Christ man, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for but you're trying to gig me for not "denouncing racism" while using a quote from me in which I did exactly that. You're cutting your own nose off purely to spite your face here.

What I don't understand is - why is it so hard to just denounce racism?

Oh, I am so sorry. Was it the word just that confused you?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Racism is bad

In other news: The sky is blue

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: introvert
call me Hitler, I shake your hand, call me a ni**er and I'll call ya one right back! haha everyone so concerned with racism, its not gonna go away, especially with all those people playing "poor me" race cards and crying like sissy girls. just feeds the fire.

well. that was useful. /sarc

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

OH I don't know, maybe because this is a goddamned discussion board and it would make for a pretty crappy discussion to just have 4 pages of "I only denounce racism." How tunnel visioned *some* in society have become...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

You didn't, I never said you did, you just highlighted a portion of the OP and dropped the mic

You're the one trying to make the point that people can use fake names everywhere on the internet but in this case you're pretty sure they didn't

I never want to argue with you man it's excruciating - I just don't see this as anything other than "Another day on the world wide web"

Words don't have power unless you give it to them.

KrazyShot can be argued with. Just try Phage. You will be balled up in a corner crying wondering where your brain went.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You asked. I explained

How tunnel visioned *some* in society have become...

:-)

It's like you can't help yourself

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I just do not know who to star anymore. bad commenters, bad FOX news. Leave kids alone. Let's just leave it there.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You're right, I can't see the issue. That's because whatever it is you're onto here isn't my issue, nor do I particularly care if you find it to be an issue. Feel free to continue playing games with the topic. I may play a bit, too, but realize I reject ownership or responsibility for your issue.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You're right, I can't see the issue. That's because whatever it is you're onto here isn't my issue, nor do I particularly care if you find it to be an issue.

Truer words have probably never been so not-on-purposely said here at ATS

But, in case you're curious later: racism

I reject ownership or responsibility for your issue

I would never saddle you with all that anyway. We all make different choices - I've made mine
edit on 5/4/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: to fix a word - and a thought

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think the moral is people shouldn't be racist and it's a shame that the anonymity or at least perception of it on the internet emboldens both trolls and real honest to goodness racists. Also I think there is some merit to the idea that real racists, not edge lords in their parents basement, do feel like they are okay to come out of the woodworks publicly as a result of the past 8 years of bottled up anger and a new sense that it's a free-for-all now.

That being said I also firmly believe if no-one got outraged about the use of certain words those words would slip away from the public eye and possibly many years down the line from our culture altogether.

I get it though, the problem is some will say "They just shouldn't say these things" and other will say "They just should't care so much" And then Rock, meet Hard Place

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I agree 100% with this post (I know surprise coming from me right?)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
oh yea pick my comment out of all the other "useful" comments, I have not read one "useful" thing on here.
but if I must!
ooohh yay! another Obama going to Harvard! wooohooo!
more useful?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Like there are no racist comments on any other media site except Fox News because people who visit those sites are so very tolerant. Have you read the anti-Trump comments lately?

As an active commenter on various news sites I know this is not a problem in the rest of the developed western world, it's pretty much only in America, and only on Conservative news sites too. You get some similar ignorance in Italy, Russia and the Baltic states, but that's primarily due to their bubbling fascism.

Whether you want to deny it or not, this is a very clear American ignorance, and it's particular to Conservative audiences too.

I really don't get how any American can SERIOUSLY deny this. Racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia... this is all part of your most radical right wing, and Faux News is a massive instigator of exactly that.

How can you pretend this is not the case when most of America and the rest of the western world damn well sees it constantly?
edit on 4-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join