It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has our species stoped evolving

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I hope it has stopped evolving! Geez, am I to compete with super humans? Maybe if I had some bionics implanted in me I could compete with super humans....

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Freddie

In principle, I think once you have the brain augmentation chip, you are a super human.

At the same time as having that, though, while you're in for your routine service, you may as well get a couple of new prosthetic limbs or joints, and some better-than-new organs to replace your heart and liver that look like they've had some wear and tear.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I endeavor to become Darth Vader, then, more machine than man.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
OOOHHH good idea Tut, but it only works if you think Jung has all his marbles.

Now that implies that there is a genetic component to memory - that racial memory is passed on biologically. AFAIK there is no evidence for that (although I would be interested in it if there was)

If however if the collective unconscious is some sort of psychic background to humanity, then the person from the past would "plug in" just as a normal human does...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

obviously there is a genetic component to memory!
there is no genetic racial link you racist!
IF WE HAD A TIME MACHINE he would not" plug in" for he would not have our DNA or collective memory because he
existed 200,000 years ago!
by the way how much money did you give Irvine for your moderator status, this is not the first time I have come across your ineptness

PEACE

tut tut

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
on second thought I think net chickens have ceased their evolution

"takes a tender man to make a tender chicken"
somebody from arkansas

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I must be missing something here. I read the entire thread, possibly an astute moderator deleted or moved threads. Why don't you two shake hands and move on?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
we can not shake Freddie, this is the www. there is no shaking here!
you wouldn't happen to be a loader operator from Northern California, would you?
I remember one that talked the way you think, his name was Freddie, we had fun!

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
you wouldn't happen to be a loader operator from Northern California, would you?

What the hell are you talking about??? I live in Chicago and am using my real IP address.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Such is life in the www.

Lawyer or loader-operator, you can look forward to being treated the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Freddie

Real sorry.

was meant to be

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Kill all the lawyers? Paraphrasing Billy Shakespeare (out of context, too). Fine hate me for being educated. That is your decision.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Now, now, tut, either get your act together or look forward to another board.

Where is the genetic component to memory?
Show me some data

There is none, Jung was just as mad as his mentor.

You can't build a real world science from Jungian philosophy, - unless you have to resort to threats and abuse, as you yourself are showing in this thread.

-------------------------

obviously there is a genetic component to memory!
there is no genetic racial link you racist!
IF WE HAD A TIME MACHINE he would not" plug in" for he would not have our DNA or collective memory because he
existed 200,000 years ago!
by the way how much money did you give Irvine for your moderator status, this is not the first time I have come across your ineptness

PEACE

tut tut

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm not a true believer in Steven Pinker, but I went to a lecture of his 12 months or so ago.

He was asked if the ability to lie while keeping a poker face was something that is able to be passed on genetically.

He confirmed that duplicity and mendacity were indeed inheritable characteristics which if socially useful could easily produce dominant selected-for genes.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie

What the hell are you talking about??? I live in Chicago and am using my real IP address.

Damn Freddie I was just trying to be friendly. I won't do that again ES and D MF
Oh I used to live in Cicero, worked in Sportsman Park near the El if you know. Didn't care for Daley, didn't get caught at the convention like rubin either!
have a good night

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Cool. No hard feelings here, Tut. Sportmans's is in Cicero. I guess the blue line might go down there.

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Not only was it taller and bigger than humans today it also had a bigger cranium.

we are actually taller as a species than we were 100 years ago! We are evolving slowly but surely

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My fault Ohsobad, I should have included the URL to my statement..
www.npr.org...

"We compared this with skulls of 6,000 modern humans, and still after that comparison not one was as big and robust as the Herto male," says White. "These were very, very large robust people."

And yet they were also like modern-day humans in almost every feature. The face is flat with prominent cheekbones, but without the protruding brow ridge of pre-human ancestors or Neanderthals. And the braincase is rounded, like a soccer ball, rather than the football shape of earlier human ancestors.

What we consider to be evolution, bigger, healthier etc, could be seen as a return to humanity as it was in better times...

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just to stir the pot.

Although evolution is driven by enviroment it is also driven by the opposite sex.

There are species of birds who have only evolved differently to better attract a mate and not because of enviroment.

I do believe we are still evolving and I bet Stone Age woman didn't look like Rachel Welch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join