It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami - worst is still to come?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
after seeing countless documentaries on the tsunami, i just couldn help thinking....what if...there was an outbreak of ANY disease. The rate at which it will spread will be utterly devastating.
What measures can be taken to prevent such a thingy?

I really hope that this post is a non-issue

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Depends what disease and how it transmitted i suppose.

I'm sure various governments from around the world have contingency plans that can be used in such a case.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Kasra]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Been to Thailand. From where I am, closer to the action in Indonesia and India. The news photos are very very scary. Just today, the papers carried a photo of corpses still being found, all bloated, decomposing and sticking out from the mud, which appeared to once have been a dwelling home. In the tropics, the flies, mosquitos and rodents carry diseases like the wind. In many parts of Aceh, there is still no fresh drinking water, no food, in fact, nothing but stumps where trees and homes once were. It looks like ground zero, for miles and miles. Aftershocks are continuing, real #ty pictures and news. Politics is coming into the way of aid in Sri Lanka. Yup, looks like the worst is yet to come.

join