It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nervous Lettuce and Mels Hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Does anyone have any info/links about the story they did on Coast-Coast AM about the Nervous Lettuce (hooked electrodes up to lettuce and it should they got nervous when someone came in with a knife). And any info/links/updates about Mel's Hole (hole to hell) C-C listerners should know what Im talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
uh.....huh..... so how exactly do you measure how nervous a lettuce is? Ok, ya shove some electrodes into the thing but erm...what are the electrodes measuring, and how do the measurements mean the lettuce is nervous

[edit on 8-1-2005 by LordGoofus]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Right then, a nervous lettuce? What does it do then, jump up and run around the room screaming??

No but seriously I would like to hear more on this
Cool Post

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Go to the Coast to Coastam.com site and email either George or Art, they will direct you to the right place.

I wonder what happened to Mel. They cant find him
I think he fell in his hole. I know about the lettuce but dont remember the researchers name.
Good luck, if you find out anything good, please post it.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
im interested in the hole to hell thing but a nervous lettuce
thats cool

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There's a 'hole to hell' in every state, butg only two in Canada: Toronto and Hamilton! Oh, that's rich. Most Americans aren't gonna get that.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I actualy missed the episode about the lettuce but from what I've heard they measured some sort of waves coming off of it through the elctordes.....

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I heard that there is a hole to Hell in Crawford, Texas where Dubya gets his instructions from the devil

I found a few links that you might be interested in about Mel's Hole.

www.seattlechatclub.org...
www.seattlechatclub.org...
www.melshole.com...

Coast to Coast AM - Audio
turbo.peteronline.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't think I heard that specific C2C program about the lettuce, but I assume it was about the research of Cleve Backster. It's really fascinating stuff. He hooks a plant up to a sort of lie-detector device and is able to get a clear reaction from the plant just by making a decision to harm it. Somehow the plant picks up on the negative intention. He also found that when cells are destroyed (with heat or chemicals or whatever) other cells from the same organism will show a reaction at that precise moment even if they are many miles away.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
One things puzzling me,

What has a nervous lettuce got to do with Mels hole?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
One things puzzling me,

What has a nervous lettuce got to do with Mels hole?

Exactly. I believe the nervous lettuce over the 'Bottom Hole to Hell'. Mel's hole is just something that is going to take so much time, money and effort to prove that it's just unfeasible.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Lettuce, as far as I know, doesn't have anything like nerves.

However, tomatos do, they have a network that allows them to 'sense' when they are being eaten by insects. Not sure what that translates to, or if its anything like a primitive 'neural net' as in the primitive hyrda-animals, or if it can be measured 'electrically', yet there it is.

join