It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I’m Closing My Bank Accounts While I Still Can

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bury it in your backyard, unmarked.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Smart, my brother....smart as can be....

How did ya lnow....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I just watched your video, you have such a sweet little family!

I just bought a small farm too and will be hauling in wood chips and making compost. Im a long time herbalist so Im thinking about focusing on the medicinal Herbs too.

Thank you for sharing, your family farm is inspirational!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks you so much...I really only look to purvey that kind of info...sadly I get suckered into the other stuff. You are very kind

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hmmm... very interesting and unexpected responses to this one.

Physical assets that you physically have are they only thing you "own". If it is in a bank, electronic format, or in possession of any other party, you may no longer "own" it or "access" it in the blink of an eye.

Stockpile Long Term Physical Necessities: Food, Water, Shelter, Protection, Ammo, Medicine, Toilet Paper, and other "hard" necessities.

Buy low, stack high.

Buy cheap, stack deep.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

well, they are hoping that you will put it in the markets for them to play with...but that isn't safe, it will just keep the shell game going for a little longer.
real hard assets, ya know, land, tooling of some kind, things that you think people will always need or want..heck I don't know. aint' nothing safe at the moment.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That is a creepy account, and I used to work for a bank! That's not normal, unless there are some very new rules about which I don't know! ID is a requirement, for an account holder one doesn't know, but not forms. Forms would only be if the person wanted over ten grand.

For a check, the only hold should be til the check clears the issuing bank. Ten days seems excessive. The safety there benefits you as well as the bank, because if the check didn't clear, it would prevent you taking a hit.

I don't trust the banks, though. I'd prefer not to use them at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This just happened last month with me. Got a gift check from Mom , I guess cause Dad died a few months back and she was just wanting to give some while she could see it being used. Anyway , was 1500.00 dollars from Edward Jones account my Dad had that is now Mom's. The tellar said they were going to have to put a hold on it for 7 days but it was actually held for ten days. My better half RobinB022 a member here was with me and she and I were both kinda mystified. 1500.00 is alot for someone like me but not so big it should be held for 10 days. BTW this was a credit union if that makes any difference , and my paychecks go there direct deposit every 2 weeks. What gives???
edit on 3-12-2015 by savagediver because: Forgot how to spell "with" damn long week , lol

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm scared about the banks refusing to hand over my money. I put some in term deposits and wish I hadn't now. The thing is if I tried to get out of that by "cancelling the contract" where do I keep it? I did that as a way of putting it aside for future living expenses, not to gain more interest. Really just to stop me from spending it. I'm disabled & my life is costly and I want to be sure I can afford proper care as I age and get worse since my health won't improve. So it's in GIC's. Was that stupid to do?

A few months ago I called them that I needed some of it back and they said " can you prove financial hardship?". I said no I can't and I'm not hard up, I simply don't have enough to pay my taxes now and wanted it to pay that bill.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

Banks hate cash. They have to buy it to have it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think we are feeling the big push toward a cashless system.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: introvert

I think we are feeling the big push toward a cashless system.

It will fail miserably

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Too personal.
edit on 0420151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It won't fail miserably if Morgan Freeman endorses cashless.

Better yet, with negative interest rates scheme, no one will want to pay to have money in a bank which opens the cashless debate to reasonable consideration...(or psychopathic euphoria) as the real criminals bask in their self glory while shaking down the populous for every tarnished penny, lobbying for things such as automatic taxpayer bailouts "to infuse capital" when the gamblankers

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

well the applet cut me short. It was a great finish too.
Funky...never had one post half of the reply text, usually all or nothing.
really?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone uses a bank anymore when credit unions are an option.

If there was a majority move of people's money to the credit unions, we could change the nation. And they don't have the fees, hassles and outright thievery that banks have.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Huh? You lost me Morgan freeman.... Tell me if cash is removed what exactly will be different than what we have now and by that I mean electronic banking?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

don't know, how would you like them to increase the price of those morning coffees you by at starbucks by a few cents because you have to rely on the bank to process the transaction instead of usuing the change that you have sitting in the car like you do now? or maybe you will just change the way you do things and be picking up coffee for the whole office, just to make it worthwhile.

really if they went cashless, does anyone even have an inkling of doubt that the banks would then proceed to start over charging for every danged service that they offer, for every transaction that the have to process for you?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

don't know, how would you like them to increase the price of those morning coffees you by at starbucks by a few cents because you have to rely on the bank to process the transaction instead of usuing the change that you have sitting in the car like you do now? or maybe you will just change the way you do things and be picking up coffee for the whole office, just to make it worthwhile.

really if they went cashless, does anyone even have an inkling of doubt that the banks would then proceed to start over charging for every danged service that they offer, for every transaction that the have to process for you?

Put it this way I remember when electronic banking made its debut and it was sold to us a cheaper alternative, less fees as less bank staff were needed to be paid.. ..well guess what we were screwed... Do you think it will be any different ?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You know, it's not just banks wanting this cashless society either. I only keep enough in my account, to pay the basic bills.
I just had a new window put in the living room. It is huge, and was over 1,000, installed. They wanted a certain amount down, and repeatedly asked for my credit card. I said no, I will be paying cash. They actually got mad at me, and said it was "hugely inconvenient" for them.
What?
Since when is cash an inconvenience?
I didn't give in though, and paid cash for the whole thing.

I guess it won't be long, that I won't be buying things, if I can't use cash to purchase them.

And thankfully, we haven't had any problems with credit unions here. If people would just close out their regular banks and use credit unions, maybe that would send a message?
edit on 4-12-2015 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join