It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final drive...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
aww, my heart is breaking for you Seagull.
always so tough to make that decision, but it is a choice us humans don't have the liberty of chosing for ourselves.
it's the last kind thing we can do for our companions.

wishing you peace today....

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Tough morning.

Just finished burying Brodie.

He looked so peaceful, and more importantly, beyond all pain, laying there. We buried him near his favorite spot where he'd lay watching the world go by. He'd sit there all day, rain or shine, hot or cold, just watching. Come nightfall, he'd trot over to the door ready to go to his spot in the center of the living room to go to sleep.

The living room is safe now for late night excursions to the kitchen. I'd give a lot for it to be otherwise...

...and my sammiches are safe. But my lap is empty, no big ol' head layin' there waiting for a bit of sammich, and a rub between the eyes.

Those ghost gray eyes are now open on bright new vistas for him to sit and watch, no more creaking joints, no more cloudy vision, or sounds that he can't quite hear anymore...

Good-bye, Brodie. We'll all see you again, one day.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Awwwww, Brodie has a lot of good company where he is and feels young and vital and free. He will be waiting for you.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ah, don't do that to me.

I may not be thinking specifically of your big guy, but I've had big guys of my own. It never hurts any less when you let them go home.

I'll be thinking of you.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Very moving post. I hope all went well and Brodie went softly into the night. His fight is over, against the demons of his past. He'll be with you forever though.

My condolences.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

You've got so much strength. My dear old buddy has recently been diagnosed with a faulty heart valve, things are not looking to good really for him. He (Rover) is such a big part of my life, and I know that we are approaching that time as the vet gave him a 6 month window.... I will be a complete mess...
But you've created a thread, and shared your love of Brodie and combined love of sammiches between you so eloquently. You've held yourself together so well and I admire your strength, I know I won't be able to put my loss in words for ATS to share - thank you for this. I just wouldn't know what to say or where to start. I might accidently just leave a sammich out for Rover in honour of you and Brodie.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It sounds like you did well by him. How are you holding up?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Doin' OK.

The other dogs and even the cats are a little confused though. They're a little clingy right now. That's OK though, so are we.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Loss affects other animals as well. They'll do the "searching" thing. Just give them extra treats and cuddles and it'll help them through it, and you as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

clingy and 'quiet', right?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Very. Except for the cat Thor...he's downright chatty, for him. He's the stoic of the bunch.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I didn't see this thread until now. I'm so sorry Seagull, and what a lovely tribute you've made to Brodie here. I almost feel like I know him. Little sammich swiping muncher.
Be well.
~Angelina

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
seagull....I am so sorry for the loss your family is ssuffering.

Having recently lost our friend and companion, I know the pain you are feeling.

And, sorry, just saw this thread.
Hopefully, the ache is less raw.

<< 1   >>

join