It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 arrested after building 'tiny homes' for the homeless in Denver park

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The park is public green space there for the enjoyment of everyone in the community turning it into a homeless sub division doesn't help anyone. I am all for helping the homeless but why take away from the public to do so?

I certainly wouldn't want Little homes for the homeless in any park in my town that's for sure.

Good idea poor execution.

a reply to: FamCore

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Homelessness is one of those issues no one wants to discuss.

Other than the public park aspect, I admire what these people did with their tiny house project.

So many houses sit empty owned by banks while so many families live out of cars. Places like Salt Lake City are moving in the right direction.

The problem with addressing the homeless issue is, as many have already pointed out, the mental health/substance abuse/chronic unemployment issues that are directly tied to people living on the streets. You can't solve the problem without directly taking care of the whole. Sometimes all someone needs is some direction and a little help in order to find the self-esteem required to take part in society at large.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Gentrification = Progress strange word to use. Locally the community has destroyed itself and everything around it. People are buying the lots and building medium income housing. They called it gentrification but when you tear down what hasn't been scrapped or destroyed and put housing on it it's PROGRESS!!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be fair its public land, and ceases to be public when someone moves in

the news reported it to be "private property".....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
Yes, but

where three urban farms are being displaced to build an apartment development," activists said.

A private company is buying the land. So the city is destroying and selling off a park, owned by the people (supposedly)
To make a buck.

I feel for them, but geez, they should have done some minimal homework.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join