It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of U.S. College Students Now Support "Regulating" Free Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The propaganda is succeeding. A majority of our indoctrinated educated idiots on US campuses now believe we need "regulated Speech codes" and a a third of these brain-children polled could not identify the First Amendment as the part of the Constitution that dealt with free speech! Probably out of that same gene pool, 30% of self-identified liberal students believe the first amendment is outdated (if they even know what it is).

www.zerohedge.com...

While the public's attention has been largely focused on the Obama administration's crusade against the Second Amendment, a more troubling development is taking place in the fight against free speech, and the First Amendment, a war waged far from D.C., on the campuses of America's liberal colleges.

We read the following excerpt from the upcoming issue of the New Criterian, in which we find that 51% - or a majority - of college students favor "speech codes" (i.e., regulated "free speech"), with only 36% against, first with amusement (as we thought it has to be a joke) and then great concern (once we realized it is all too real) because it reveals that America's best and brightest young minds have decided on their own that they don't really need all those liberties enshrined by America's founding fathers, especially if they "infringe" upon the current mania of "politically correct" everything.

One-third of the students polled could not identify the First Amendment as the part of the Constitution that dealt with free speech. Thirty-five percent said that the First Amendment does not protect “hate speech,” while 30 percent of self-identified liberal students say the First Amendment is outdated.

And when brainwashing wins over the minds of the young generation, whether due to relentless propaganda, due to constant Apple Store "99 cent" diversions, due to a generational case of Stockholm Syndrome, or simply because said "brightest" minds were never that bright to begin with (the WEF ranked the U.S. at 52nd among 139 nations in the quality of its university math and science instruction) brainwashing wins, period.

Because if a majority of young U.S. intelligentsia freely hands over its one, most valuable civil liberty, then the nation has far greater concerns for its future than just how overvalued the so-called "market" is.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the study? WSJ is subscriber based now.

link   
a reply to: infolurker
The idiots are taking over. Sad days.

link   

we will be so #ed if we keep heading in this direction

good thing we have people scouting for detours

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

This site is a good example of suppressed free speech.

*thread/post removed* . . . again . . .

Climate-Change deniers will start becoming imprisoned as the Ice Age begins.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

From what little I can I find it was a study/survey of 800 people.
All the articles I am finding about it all link back to the WSJ article though. And trying to do on my phone.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Robotswilltakeover

You got hit for posting a duplicate thread and then again for the same thing I bet. You don't have free speech on ats, welcome to a private site.
edit on thSun, 25 Oct 2015 17:56:26 -0500America/Chicago1020152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If you teach a generation that guns are violent, speech should be curtailed, government is looking out for you, then all you have to do is sit back and watch freedoms disappear.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The ultra-Liberal education system of recent decades is working apparently !!

Especially at "college" levels on campuses.

Happy USSR students !!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
hmm, " regulated free speech " ...interesting concept.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Feelings.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Holy # America. I'm getting so sick of your #

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Who needs personal freedoms and rights?

Hang on, let me check with the government first. Make sure it's cool with them. They know best, after all.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robotswilltakeover

This site is a good example of suppressed free speech.

*thread/post removed* . . . again . . .

Climate-Change deniers will start becoming imprisoned as the Ice Age begins.

This site is a terrific example of a privately owned entity enforcing its own rules and policies.

That you agreed to when you became a member.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No crap?....Dang, boyyeeee
My heart kinda beats different now as that title soaks in.....MOMMA!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Higher education, or de education away from our common sense and reason. Everyone had that at one time. Its been programmed out by mass media, in all its forms.

They aren't going to let ignorance run things, they want minions to do their bidding. The less you know about whats really going on, the better.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

All the articles I am finding about it all link back to the WSJ article though. And trying to do on my phone.

Yeah, it looks like they do a bunch of surveys for right-leaning sites. It would be nice to see the study.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Most of these kids have no idea what they are giving up.You can't blame this on anyone but the parents.

My children won't be among the ignorant willfully giving up civil liberties.
edit on 25-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, if you've ever had a conversation with a university student you'd understand.
Most of them are dumb as rocks.
And they stay that way for a few years until the "real" world sinks in.
You get the same from the professors.
You see, everything looks a certain way when you are cushioned by your theoretical view of the world and how it should be.
Once you step in to the cold shower of reality, that hard on you had for the fantasy academic world disappears p.d.q.
Intelligence is only as good as the experience that tempers it.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yeah, it looks like they do a bunch of surveys for right-leaning sites. It would be nice to see the study.

You understand they do this on campus already?

What do you think "free speech zones" are if not "regulated free speech?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join