It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best battery technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Check into your localbussiness namely wharehouseing, they have huge numbers of big batteries ( forklifts)
They are available in quantities, weigh in at around 300 lbs yes there is maint. but not much, considering the price, you could have a dozen of these,to rotate, check fluid levels, and if nothing else its a cheap learning experience.
Batteries are plentiful, check your local hodbby store too, short term use (everyday) could be done with Lipo, or many other options. Don't put all your eggs in one basket...well batteries..learn how to change voltage, and make use of any and all batteries, don't fixate on a single storage method...a reply to: Wetpaint72

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have a water wheel set up thru a system of step pullies off of lawn mower decks, running a bigrig 200 amp alternator, charging multiple batteries, running separate inverters, for each room (ammount of power needed) .
My friend is using this same method with wind power turninf=g an automotive alternator to charge boat batteries, to run his laptop, and video/computer system, oh and coffee pot...recently he has been running a 750 watt heater..dont be affraid to redneck it up a bit, there are lots of options..it don't need to be prettty, just needs to work...a reply to: Doc Holiday

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doc Holiday
I have a water wheel set up thru a system of step pullies off of lawn mower decks, running a bigrig 200 amp alternator, charging multiple batteries, running separate inverters, for each room (ammount of power needed) .
My friend is using this same method with wind power turninf=g an automotive alternator to charge boat batteries, to run his laptop, and video/computer system, oh and coffee pot...recently he has been running a 750 watt heater..dont be affraid to redneck it up a bit, there are lots of options..it don't need to be prettty, just needs to work...a reply to: Doc Holiday

I had a douser out on the property, who is also a well digger, getting the well this week. He said he found a spring on the property. There is a sizable ditch that is dry, kinda looks like a creek bed. I'd love to dig at that spring and get it going for hydro. Sounds like you have a great set up. The crappy part is that it's a new construction. A very modest 1/1 800 sq ft. But having to deal with inspections kinda sucks. I have to get something in place to be issued the certificate of occupancy. I'm really not picky, as far as looks or mixing it up, but they sure are. I guess I'll set something up and experiment and diversify once I get my papers and they go back to the city!

<< 1   >>

join