It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Klyuchevskoy (Russia) Volcano Sunrise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It has been smoking since the quake/tsunami.

But what is ~odd~! is the direction that the sun is moving, at dawn.

Notice the time stamp. It says 3am; must be UT, I guess

NEXT:

Time plus 5 minutes

Is something wrong here?? The sun is moving laterally to the right along the horizon from left to right--which has to mean, from east to south. Kamchatka is near the Pacific Ocean, but it must be so far north that the sun hugs the horizon. Is this correct?

Never having lived that far North, I have never seen the sun move laterally across the horizon, have you? Nor have I seen this volcano smoke before.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'd like to invoke the baritone of Joe Swanson now - "Bring it on!"

Whatever is going on with our planet, our way of life. It was a hell of a lot of fun so far, and I plan on enjoying whatever scenery I'm provided with in the coming years. There are a laundry lists of anomalies choking up these forums, and many have the 'doom' sense in full. We'll just have to keep our eyes open. I stopped sleeping weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by defrag99
The sun is moving laterally to the right along the horizon from left to right--which has to mean, from east to south.

Why?

Nor have I seen this volcano smoke before.

Is it smoke or is the volcano reaching into some clouds? I think the peak is just obscured by fog/cloud cover/etc.

I think that webcams of this sort are creating an interesting sociological phenomenon. This thread reminds me of it. People seeing something that is bizzare in a webcam, apparently most often lights and the sun, and thinking that something is going on with it. I am reminded of Poster Emily Craig's bizzare threads about teh sun rising in all sorts of whacked out positions and places and too early in one location but on time in another. Of course, the sun can't do that, its a single object.

But this is intersting too.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its normal, its in the polar circle and the sun at this lattitude hardly rised above the horizon.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah. Uh. Let's take a look at Mt. St. Helen's today, willya?

www.fs.fed.us...

I've been watching for about 15 minutes, as something appears to definitely be going on. Taking a picture every five minutes.

Don't want to be classed with catastrophists.

Mutter, mutter.

join