It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Again very valid reasons have been made on this thread on why the girls might be uncomfortable dressing and showering when someone with opposite physicals tool is in the room doing the same. Call it prudish if you like but real reasons have been given and these are children not adults.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The USA is prudish about the human body because it was founded by religious radicals fleeing Europe. Even to this day the influence of the Puritans can be felt in America.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ignorance and lack of information breeds fear and uncertainty.

How am I ignorant (that means lacking information)? I'm not fearful or uncertain. I'm just not buying that it's acceptable to make people uncomfortable so one person can be comfortable.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I am all for whatever you want to be, BUT other people lives should not have to be adjusted to make you feel comfortable.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I tend not to get into the left/right democrat/republican debate as I think they all need help.

I'll give it up though, that was actually an interesting point.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
maybe i will start a movement
#partsdontmatter
people should be named all the time. all ages. all the time. all places
why bother with clothes anymore. nobody looks at other people. people dont need to be modest.
let it fly

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Teens see each others private areas all the time at nudist camps and colonies and have no problem with it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Getting back to the law. I did misread it a little.

Here is what I read:

Lila said the school administration has been very supportive and is working to make her feel welcome. They have allowed her to use the facilities used by girls and women.

Districts that refuse to allow students to use a bathroom for the gender with which they identify could run afoul of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights, said Kelli Hopkins of the Missouri School Boards’ Association.

“The Office of Civil Rights has issued an opinion that says, if you do this, you have engaged in gender discrimination,” Hopkins said. “At the same time, there is no case law or statute in Missouri that says this is against the law.”

Schools found to have violated a student’s civil rights are at risk of losing some of their federal funding, Hopkins said.

www.stltoday.com... ml

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Evolution and survival of the fittest aren't the same thing. There are a lot more factors that are involved in evolution than just the stronger people overpowering the weaker people.

And who's to say that once we understand it, that we are somehow still beholden to it? Can't we shape our own evolution now at this point?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Stop stop stop you guys are posting that in the wrong thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
edit
oh well
edit on 1-9-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Please return to discussing the actual topic of this thread. Thanks.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
“At the same time, there is no case law or statute in Missouri that says this is against the law.”

my favorite part

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

teens see each others private areas all the time in a school locker room and they have a problem with it

Yep because of society. I am merely pointing out the difference.

Americans are such prudes. We even censor boobs on T.V.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Getting back to the law. I did misread it a little.

Here is what I read:

Lila said the school administration has been very supportive and is working to make her feel welcome. They have allowed her to use the facilities used by girls and women.

Districts that refuse to allow students to use a bathroom for the gender with which they identify could run afoul of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights, said Kelli Hopkins of the Missouri School Boards’ Association.

“The Office of Civil Rights has issued an opinion that says, if you do this, you have engaged in gender discrimination,” Hopkins said. “At the same time, there is no case law or statute in Missouri that says this is against the law.”

Schools found to have violated a student’s civil rights are at risk of losing some of their federal funding, Hopkins said.

www.stltoday.com... ml

I would assume while Lila has man tools it's probably pretty hard to enforce. Guy wakes up on Monday and pulls a man I feel like a woman for the week who is to say no? What would be the determing factor? Feelings? Makeup? Clothes? Even Lila thought he was a gay male for a while. Tend to doubt any law could both address the issue and prevent its abuse.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
I am all for whatever you want to be, BUT other people lives should not have to be adjusted to make you feel comfortable.

This!

And These on the same topic in May:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The War On Women... LOL

Again, What prevents any man from claiming to be transgender in accessing womens locker rooms and bathrooms unchallenged because to even challenge it is discrimination!!!

You are placing your wants and safety over that of a country full of women and little girls, many of which have a lesser chance of defending themselves than you do, and it is wrong. And you know it is wrong and will do it anyway.

edit on 1-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

teens see each others private areas all the time in a school locker room and they have a problem with it

One day we will evolve to full blown nudity at all times and ages. Actually the benefit of not seeing teenagers with their pants sagging down their butts might be worth it. Until then there are very real reasons people feel uncomfortable being nude around people with opposite physical tools from their own. That's really what this is about.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Actually the benefit of not seeing teenagers with their pants sagging down their butts might be worth it. Until then there are very real reasons people feel uncomfortable being nude around people with opposite physical tools from their own. That's really what this is about.

I agree with you on the baggy pants. It just looks so stupid. We are a look oriented society and are judged almost instantly on how we present ourselves.

But, what is the reason to feel uncomfortable being nude - - - other then society conditioning?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join