It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year-old gives birth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
preteen children shouldn't be forced to have babies, it's not healthy for them, sometimes they die....
so well ya, some of us here would rather that an abortion take place than to take a risk...
well, you claim that we want them aborted because we hate children, although well, we seem to be trying to protect them in our view.
so, I am asking you, why do you hate children that you would prefer that they die trying to have a baby when their bodies aren't mature enough to???
edit on 15-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: windword

But when its muslims killing gays in another country you and others are quick to say

"Their country their rules"

Why the hypocrisy

What are you talking about? I've never said any such thing.

but why do you hate children so much that you want them aborted?

This isn't about me. It's about a 10 year old child you was raped and forced to give birth, at the age of 11, to her rapist's baby. Why do you hate children so much that you'd force them to carry and raise their rapist's babies?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

But when its muslims killing gays in another country you and others are quick to say

"Their country their rules"

Why the hypocrisy

What are you talking about? I've never said any such thing.

but why do you hate children so much that you want them aborted?

This isn't about me. It's about a 10 year old child you was raped and forced to give birth, at the age of 11, to her rapist's baby. Why do you hate children so much that you'd force them to carry and raise their rapist's babies?

Who said I would?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
hey we could always go back and agree that it's a decision between the doctor and the patient, or in this case, the patient's guardian. I mean the doctor is best suited to determine the risk in any given pregnancy and the patient is best suited to determine if that risk is too great for her to take...

but, for some reason, I don't think you will agree with that one..
na, we have to have more laws, and in some of these countries those laws forbid abortion in any circumstances. and well, common sense, like gee I don't know, giving someone their cancer treatment might be more important than worrying about the risk that treatment might pose to the fetus, is just shot out the window!!
because, well, you know, life is so sacred!!

edit on 15-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

so, where do you get the impression that some of us just wanted her to have an abortion because well, we hate children?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Possibly, but we aren't talking about a human being that hasn't already been born. We're talking about a human being that has already been born. Whether abortion should've been an option, or whether it shouldn't have been isn't the issue anymore.

This is a life that HAS BEEN BORN. It's sickening that people continue to say that this life should've been aborted.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: dawnstar

Possibly, but we aren't talking about a human being that hasn't already been born. We're talking about a human being that has already been born. Whether abortion should've been an option, or whether it shouldn't have been isn't the issue anymore.

This is a life that HAS BEEN BORN. It's sickening that people continue to say that this life should've been aborted.

BINGO THANK YOU!

I would challenge anyone on here thats outraged to go look at that child, who had no choice in how it was brought into this world, in the face and say "YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED"

edit on 15-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

We can't even fix the problems in the USA and we continue finding stories outside the USA to be outraged by. I'm tired of watching Americans being distracted by everything but what matters. Our country is the most corrupt and the only reason Americans spend so much time looking down on others is we sit on the largest pile of bulls#!t ever created.

Seriously, it's a horrible thing. But we need to stop being outraged by horrible things. People need to start using them as catalysts for change. And unfortunately, my time and energy is going to be spent here in America not on Paraguay or any other country. Outrage and change is a job for the citizens of Paraguay.

This is the best post on this thread and spot on!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

if you has a child that had a health problem that the doctor said there was a 50% change would kill that child in the next nine months, would diddle around and flip a coin to see which side it lands on? I don't think you would. heck, I don't think you would even if that child was pregnant, not if you knew them and had an emotional attachment to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if you has a child that had a health problem that the doctor said there was a 50% change would kill that child in the next nine months, would diddle around and flip a coin to see which side it lands on? I don't think you would. heck, I don't think you would even if that child was pregnant, not if you knew them and had an emotional attachment to them.

Depends on what culture I live in..... Right or wrong you are planting your American personal values on this case and it is most likely apple and oranges...
edit on 16-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

I would challenge anyone on here thats outraged to go look at that child, who had no choice in how it was brought into this world

I challenge any anti-abortionist to walk up to a rape victim and tell them they *must* go through the full pregnancy for that entire 9 months, including young girls like this one. Anti-abortionists are not pro-life in the slightest, they and you couldn't care less about the welfare of children and single mothers. All you're concerned about is pushing your own social and moral agenda on women and girls, that's it. Come welfare and support for these mothers and kids, you couldn't care less.

It's disgusting that they forced this girl to endure this.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

mainly because some here are trying to plant those same values into our legal system, and if you spend a little time looking, you can find where it is already endangering women't lives.

and quite frankly, I got a feeling that the sexual abuse of children just might be a "cultural" thing also....

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The whole point of the thread was that a government forced a rape victim, against their will, to carry the child to term. The issue was, should a government be able to force that on someone, especially a minor? That is why the thread was started. It isn't wrong to discuss this issue that was brought up in the thread, by the OP. Don't like the thread or the issue being discussed? Then get out of it.
edit on 16-8-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't believe I claimed anywhere that it was wrong to discuss the issue. It seems like I've struck a nerve with several people over my stance in this thread. I still find it pretty horrible that people can say that any child should have been aborted after being born.

Don't like the thread or the issue being discussed? Then get out of it.

I'm pretty sure the same statement can be applied toward you and my stance.
edit on 8/16/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And I find it pretty horrible that a government can forbid a raped 10-year-old girl to have the abortion that she (along with her mother) wanted. She should have been allowed to have the abortion that SHE wanted.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
here's another lovely story from senagal.....

Senegal rape: 11-year-old girl denied abortion gives birth to twin boys

"I did not realise I was pregnant. My mother saw my body changing and because I was vomiting she took me to the hospital. In the last few months my head ached and I could hardly stand up."

www.theguardian.com...

"Towards the end of the pregnancy she could not get up on her own at night and often panicked. Her father, from whom I am divorced, blames me. He says I have not brought her up properly, that's why it happened. When I told him on the phone that the twins had been born he said, 'I hear what you say'. Since then he has neither phoned nor come to see us."

***Same source as above****

and....she was the lucky one!!!

"A single medical certificate costs 10,000 CFA francs ($20), which is prohibitive. We had a previous case of a raped nine-year-old who had to go through with her pregnancy. We paid for her caesarean but she died a few months after the baby was born, presumably because the physical trauma of childbirth was too great."

standard.gm...

it might be a far assumption to say that the girl in the op isn't out of the woods yet?
edit on 16-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join