It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just had my beloved cat, a torti, named Mary Belle, called "The Beast", put down. She was 15. And while I christened her The Beast, she was anything but a beast. When I got married she went with me, but every trip to my parents I packed her up and toted her around! She eventually went back to live with my parents, where she couldn't be constantly annoyed by my little ones. I worried that she would not do well with little children, but she never hurt one of them. She was always mild tempered to the kids, which made me love her all the more! I visit my parents often, 3-4 times a week. I saw the Beast frequently.

This morning I took her to the vet, held her and loved her as she took her last breath!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

That's tough, I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's never easy saying goodbye to a loved pet.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

My sincerest condolences to you.

May her soul find the very largest ball of spirit string!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm so sorry. It sounds like she lived a full life and was well-loved.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hi

I know how your feeling.
We had to have our cat put to sleep several weeks ago.
She was 15, went deaf and the back legs went.

Before long you will be smiling as you remember the good times together.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks all! She will be missed!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss. Our chocolate lab, Maggie died last night at home. I checked on her every hour last night, even set my alarm so I wouldn't sleep through. I woke around 2 to rain on the roof. I knew before I even got out of bed she was gone. She was a wonderful dog and will be greatly missed.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I'm so sorry! Hugs to you! I was really hoping Mary Belle would pass over night and not have to have intervention. But I couldn't let her just languish.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Poor baby...losing a big chunk of our heart is so awful. In my lifetime I've had to do the same thing too many times and it never gets any easier. I truly feel for you. This probably isn't what you want to hear right now, but I found that adopting (saving a life) in the coming time helped me out quite a it. Cats are near and dear to my heart and in their presence have helped me get through life in general. Not to take away from dogs! They're great too...especially for comic relief! Kinda like Odie in the scheme of Garfield's life! I hope your sadness lifts soon....

Runicon3, or on Yahoo's "answers" ...Sweety says...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
sorry to hear that,i had to put my cat down last week..i feel for you...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My heart breaks for you and you too Kentuckymama!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Hugs to you.
She will be chasing mice with all my passed away cats so she will be in good company in kitteh heaven.
I bet she thought you were the best staff on the planet

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My thoughts are with you. I hope your lovely memories will comfort you.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We're getting close to that time with our torti, too. She's hyperthyroid, so she thinks she's starving, and the medication will only last so long before it outpaces even that. When that happens, we'll have to say our good-byes.

It's always really hard when you've spent so many years with a companion in your life and under foot like a cat is. My condolences.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I had an awesome torti once. She was so mart and so sweet!!!! I hope yours lasts a while longer.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss, I speak having lost a few pets the last few years myself. Ever need an ear to listen, let me know. They may leave the physical world but they never leave your side that I know.

-Aesh

join