It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got swooped by two seagulls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I never knew a seagull could be aggressive and swoop until it happened to me the other day. It happened in the middle of town while walking on footpath. It made me run for cover thats for sure
Would anyone know why they swooped me?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

I would guess you were either too close to the nest, or wearing something that looked like food to them.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I had crows stalking me the other night on my way home from work.
I'm sure they are getting bigger and more numerous near me, magpies, crows ravens.
I had to chase three off surrounding my cat the other day...two I would have left be but the three were like mocking him.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

How many times I have walked past seagulls over the years its never happened. And when you feed a whole flock of them they never get aggresive towards you. I noticed they were swooping other people too that walked by same area. Guess it must be a nest thing, I still never thought that these pussy gulls could ever get aggressive and swoop.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Pigeons also!! I saw a load of these fly into the face of a woman and one took her eye out.
Anyone eaten Gull btw? do they taste of fisah?.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

lol a couple birds used to dive-bomb an old cat of mine, was funny as heck to watch. One day i decided to try and figure out why, set up a camera and saw my cat climb up the tree and play around in the nest, then the birds came. Freakin cat jumped 20 feet down in a split haha. Birds are smart and remember.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Magpies yes, I have been swooped by them but everyone knows about maggies swooping and when and where to stay away. They always look aggressive and pissed off. Crows I could never think they swoop, just like I thought with seagulls.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

At my work there appears to be a never ending war between the Pigeons and squirrels.
Fun to watch I should start recording it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i have had fights with seagulls - and swans - sawns are fare worse

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
At risk of being off-topic and having to report myself...just this week I've been seeing kestrels dive-bombing buzzards,

The first time had a buzzard being bombed really high in the sky. It took ages to identify the attacker as a kestrel. Then yesterday I saw kestrel kicking a buzzard's ass next to the motorway. It actually 'headbutted' the buzzard with a full-on body slam in mid-air about 40 feet up.

The buzzards are easily three times larger and it's like watching a bomber being hassled by fighter jets. Buzzards kill rabbits and kestrels tend to get mice.

It's breeding season so birds are defending nests.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Seagulls can be very aggressive. I went tot he beach with my oldest once, and we made the mistake of tossing a few bread crusts to a couple of gulls. Within minutes, and after seeing literally NONE flying around but those two, there must have been more than a hundred gathered, all squawking and clamoring for bread. We ended up leaving the beach as a result. They didn't dive right at us, but it seemed close. Scenes from The Birds were in my head!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A tool for every job. Racoons? 5 iron. Seagulls? Tennis racquet. It might be prudent to leave their nest alone though. Oz is in it's winter now, right? Breeding time for them? Your seasons are much less drastic than ours are.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm innocent of all charges...

Seagulls can be very aggressive, especially when they equate humans with food.

I've seen them harass bald eagles. They're not real shy and retiring.

top topics

join