It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cops could head UK forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Foreign police officers could be appointed as chief constables of British forces under plans being drawn up by the Home Secretary.

Among the countries being looked at for recruitment are the US and Scandinavian nations, which have forces similar to those in Britain.

There could also be officers in parts of the Commonwealth who are invited to Britain to take up the posts.

www.thisislondon.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yet another way to turn our island into the 51st state
(or is that alaska? - 52nd then?). Anyway, I'm still angry...

[Edited on 6-6-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That article has massive slant on it.

America is just one of the countries mentioned as supplying chief constables.

Most of the British media that I've seen today doesn't mention specific nationalities. But I would say that from what I've read, European Police chiefs seem to be more of the focus.

Personally who cares where they come from? The guys at the top are money managers now. They don't dictate policing policy as much as they used to.
As long as they get the job done they can be Tibetan monks for all I care.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Yet another way to turn our island into the 51st state
(or is that alaska? - 52nd then?). Anyway, I'm still angry...

[Edited on 6-6-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

well rere sir,
I live in Alaska and I belive if memory serves me the 51st is ALASKA and Hawaii is the 52nd and that would make Great Britan the 53rd although in my opinion it should be Puerto Rico
As far as cops from this country, you must be insane or out of your mind to wish that on anyone, our police force is nothing more than juvenille delinquients that could assume no other profession. Compossed of grammer school bully's that wanted power and found it with a badge and a gun, all you need is no piror record of being caught. It is a joke as well as our legal system, it is no better or worse than KING GEORGES which is what we have now and what we fought a revolution over.
at this time I must go eat dinner so I will continue this a a later time
god bless you idiots

tut tut

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Alaska is the 50th state, people. Canada is the 51st, unoffically, Iraq is the 52nd. Doubt UK is in the plans anywhere, since theres not really any oil there, except in the north sea.

If u dont have oil or uranium, then u can breath easier the US dont want you

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
well rere sir,
I live in Alaska and I belive if memory serves me the 51st is ALASKA and Hawaii is the 52nd

If you'll count the stars on the flag again, you'll see that there are only 50. Hawaii is the 50th state, Alaska the 49th. I'm old enough to remember when the flag had only 48 stars.

As far as cops from this country, you must be insane or out of your mind to wish that on anyone, our police force is nothing more than juvenille delinquients that could assume no other profession. Compossed of grammer school bully's that wanted power and found it with a badge and a gun, all you need is no piror record of being caught.

And how many cops do you know... and in what capacity? Could *YOU* pass the average police entrance exam requirements (vision, height, weight, age, physical ability, education)?

www.ci.la.ca.us...
www.ci.la.ca.us...

And, for those of you who are unaware of this, it is standard practice in the US to hire immigrants. Citizenship is NOT a requirement for the police force:

www.ci.la.ca.us...
The City of Los Angeles requires that a Police Officer candidate be a United States citizen, or that a non-citizen be a permanent resident alien who, in accordance with the requirements of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), is eligible and has applied for citizenship.

During the selection process, each non-citizen will be required to prove that INS accepted his/her application for citizenship prior to the date the Police Officer written test was taken.

Hiring people ELIGIBLE to be citizens but who are not citizens of the nation has been going on for quite some time. Canada also has the same policy (as do other places) and it has not caused un-law and disorder on a global scale : www.police.regina.sk.ca...),

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ya byrd you're right, alaska 49th hawaii 50th.

what's this talk about 53rd states? you dumb kid.

anywho, there are votes in peurto rico every now and then to become a state, but a lot of puerto ricans i know said they didn't want the taxes and stuff like that. i know i wouldn't want to have anything to do with america right now, unfortunately i'm sitting here on a military base in new york. ha ha.... uhhh oh shizzle mps! jk

anyway, i think that there will be FEW us constibles over in england land. ? i think they'll stay european, i think that's a better idea in the long run anyway. it wouldn't go well. american constibles would probably end up being labeled spys, espionats, saboteurs, and the hands of bush gettin in british affairs.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i highly doubt the us is going to take over europe. they might head and hammer operations in the middle east. but no, 50 states is enough for us. they wont let puerto rico in!

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
do they not teach there are 50 states in school anymore?
I thought I was taught that in 1st grade...

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i reckon having foreign police would have the opposite effect it was intended, they will be shown less respect among fellow police, this just a stupid idea Blunkett has come up with, our police force isn't half as bad as in some other countries, we just need more of them on the streets, and by that i mean them not wasting hours writing up reports on every Tom, Dick and Harry caught with some weed, we need the police to be freed up for real crime, violent crime. The amount of time police officers spend arresting druggies and writing up reports on drug possesion is rediculous.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i am to old to be a cop
my memory seems not to serve me very well at times
and all my experiences are personal

excuuuuse me

posted on Jun, 10 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Alaska is the 50th state, people. Canada is the 51st, unoffically, Iraq is the 52nd. Doubt UK is in the plans anywhere, since theres not really any oil there, except in the north sea.

If u dont have oil or uranium, then u can breath easier the US dont want you

I always thought Israel was the 51st state? The Stars and Bars with 50 stars and one star of David.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

always thought Israel was the 51st state? The Stars and Bars with 50 stars and one star of David.

No,, we are the united staes of Israel. Jerusalem is our capitol. Bush already lit the menorah in the white house. In a few years, the fifty 5 pointed stars will turn into 50 six pointed ones. Then every male in the country will be forcibly circumcised!

new topics

top topics

join