It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Lee From “Dukes of Hazzard” Losing Its Confederate Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech
You want to know the real odd thing about this show? I watched it as a kid and I do not remember a single black person being in it. That itself seems to be a racist statement. They should take the whole show and throw it in the trash where it belonged. The only reason it lasted as long as it did was the rednecks of the South, I bet there was not a single black person that ever watched it more than once.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

That's interesting. When this madness started about all these companies removing the flag, I wanted to see if Amazon was selling any kind of swastika flags, so I searched. Nope. There's one listing for a swastika patch, and the listing has no image, just a description (with a few reviews saying how disgusting it was to sell it). I wonder if that is for automatic censor's sake.

That said after reading your post I decided to search eBay. There are plenty of confederate flags there, and the one listing I clicked in had sold over 500 of the flags in one hour (even if they're from China, lol).

That said, the whole thing with General Lee is ridiculous. Hell, I grew up watching that show. I mean, they can't erase something like that and expect it to go away. Like another said, that flag is what makes that car as distinguishable as it is. I wonder before how long it will be before it's illegal to even *fly* that flag?

While I certainly don't think it should be flown on gov't property, I think it's idiotic for Amazon, Walmart, etc to voluntarily pull these items, just as it is equally idiotic for The General Lee to have its flag removed.

smh

Reminds me of that time Prince Harry was blasted for wearing that Nazi costume.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

EXACTLY! Bunch of whiners in this thread complaining because a company is trying to get ahead of the will of the market.

Can you point out where this horrible reminder of hate was being discussed as such last month? How about last year? Several years ago?

It's what we like to call a knee jerk reaction. But I am sure this time it's the right one. (they usually are)

2014 call to remove Confederate Flag2011 removed from East texas Courthouse There have been calls for and actual removals of this flag from government property for years.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So when will the new movie PC version of Dukes of Hazzard debut?

Will the FCC ban the old TV shows?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What are we going to do with Stone Mountain?

Shall we cover the carving?

Shall we chisel it off?

What do we do with Confederate Hall? Or the Antebellum Plantation?

I used to fly kites off the top of it as a boy. Do we have to stop that now and close the top because they burned crosses up there?

Where does this stop? If a offensive symbol is scrubbed from public sensibilities like decorations on a car, why not demolish Stone Mountain? It is the logical next step in hysterical reactionism.

Following the logic, when will the Cross become the next symbol of hate and intolerance?

Answer: Yesterday.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

plenty of it here

www.proudrebel.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

Shall we cover the carving?

Shall we chisel it off?

Don't say that too loudly, they just might try.

Take some pointers from ISIS and start wiping all this stuff off the face of the earth. That would be sadly ironic, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Stop the world and let me off. I'm so sick of stupid # like this.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

LOL, but of course. That site is dedicated entirely to that stuff, it's not a Monster Corp like Amazon trying to play the PC game because of the number of customers it has.

That said, Just saw another one on eBay that has "I ain't coming down" stitched across it.

*Eye roll*

What next, a replica of the GL with the words "I ain't coming off" inked across the top? Lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You want to know the real odd thing about this show? I watched it as a kid and I do not remember a single black person being in it. That itself seems to be a racist statement. They should take the whole show and throw it in the trash where it belonged. The only reason it lasted as long as it did was the rednecks of the South, I bet there was not a single black person that ever watched it more than once.

a small list of black actors that appeared in at least one show.

Ji-Tu Cumbuka as Bubba Malone "Opening Night at the Boar's Nest"
Kevin Peter Hall as Floyd Malone "Opening Night at the Boar's Nest"
Al White as Eddie, "Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard" 1984, as Burnett " Lawman of the Year " 1984
Hal Williams as Jonas Jones " Cooter's Confession"
Herb Jefferson Jr as Agent Walden "Undercover Dukes"
Steven Williams as Percy "High Flyin' Dukes"1983 as Leeman "Dukes in Danger" 1982
Wally Taylor as Ira "A Boy's Best Friend"
John Dewey Carter, as Harley "Vance's Lady" and " Brotherly Love""
Ella Mae Brown as Bessie Lou "- Vance's Lady"
Ernie Hudson as Avery "Dear Diary"
James Reynolds as Clayton "Good Neighbors, Duke"
Woody Strode as Willie "The Great Santa Claus Chase"

Don Pedro Colley as Sheriff Little of Chickasaw County 10 episodes Sheriff Little
- Sittin' Dukes (1984) ... Sheriff Little
- The Fortune Tellers (1984) ... Sheriff Little (uncredited)
- Dead and Alive (1984) ... Sheriff Little
- The Boar's Nest Bears (1983) ... Sheriff Little
- The Treasure of Soggy Marsh (1982) ... Sheriff Little
- Share and Share Alike (1982) ... Sheriff Little
- Miss Tri-Counties (1982) ... Sheriff Little
- Coltrane vs. Duke (1981) ... Sheriff Little
- Double Dukes (1981) ... Sheriff Little
- My Son, Bo Hogg (1981) ... Sheriff Little

check their IMDb Profiles.

Dukes of Hazzard had nothing to do with racism

edit on 24-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Riiiight. Like there were no white people that ever watched The Jeffersons, Good Times or Sanford and Son.

BTW I work at a predominately black high school and for some reason Dukes of Hazzard is making a comeback due to YouTube and Netflix. A lot of the kids like it and talk about Bo and Luke, especially the guys.
I had no idea it had become popular again. Oh and I've had a few tell me when they get their license they want a car like the one on the show. They think it's cool to climb in and out of the windows instead of using the doors.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Shall we cover the carving? Shall we chisel it off?

Are they government buildings? No.

Where does this stop?

With government buildings and anyone who FREELY decides not to promote it. NO ONE is being forced.

If a offensive symbol is scrubbed from public sensibilities like decorations on a car, why not demolish Stone Mountain? It is the logical next step in hysterical reactionism.

Removing it from a a few things is NOT scrubbing it from public sensibilities! Talk about "hysterical reactionism"! LOL!

What a load of victim crap! Seriously!
edit on 6/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Big brother knows what's best.

Ingsoc thanks all concerned citizens for listening to the ministry of truth.

The ministry of love only has your best interests in mind.
edit on 24-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

my point was you can still get them
you know

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

it already has, and daisy was blond.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Are they government buildings? No.

Sigh. They ARE government buildings - owned by the State of Georgia.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Removing it from a a few things is NOT scrubbing it from public sensibilities! Talk about "hysterical reactionism"! LOL!

What a load of victim crap! Seriously!

Demonstration of yet ANOTHER example of secular progressivists refusal to acknowledge the fallacy of their own logic.

"We only want a symbol removed from a FEW things! RAWR!!!" What a serious load of liberal crap!

edit on 24-6-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
General Lame

Star just for that lol

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know, because it was the General Lee and the Confederate Flag that killed all those people. Not the deranged jackass that thought he would wage a war on people he dislikes.

People can take away what society has labeled as symbols of hate, but they can't take the hate out of the people that want to hate.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Don't say that too loudly, they just might try.

Take some pointers from ISIS and start wiping all this stuff off the face of the earth. That would be sadly ironic, wouldn't it?

Thank God I'm not the only person who has open eyes. It's exactly what totalitarian regimes do...destroy the past and destroy what offends them.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I'd say in the show's defense, just about ALL of television was pretty white washed back then. That is more an observation of the racist tendencies of the industry versus the show actually promoting racism.
edit on 24-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join