It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizens! When is enough, ENOUGH?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Yes they have and I abandoned the Democratic party yeas ago because of it. Told my mother, a lifelong democrat, that the party had abandoned their base supporters.

I don't support the Republican party either, if it really matters. They are both treasonous organizations in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Nobel Sentiments , but Alas , they fall on too Many Deft Ears ....The America we once knew , is Dying a Slow Death Right Now .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

smart man. or woman. most people don't know what you know. welcome to the discussion. so.... what would it take for you to stand up and fight for your rights? pardon me if you already are doing your part to save this country.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

any proposals on how to reverse the decay of our once great nation? keeping with the thread, what would be your final straw?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

I like your attitude. However,

You ought take a look around. The ... sheer, utter ... ignorance of kids from their late teens up through their thirties, is appalling.

When a revolution starts (and I highly doubt it will) people are going to quickly pick sides. One of those sides is going to get wiped out. This will become very apparent just prior to the outset. The cowards would flock to the side with the strongest armed force. This would be a US Government willing to turn its military might against a defined segment of the population (gun owners).

Again, there are so many kids out there who haven't ever used a single brain cell to 'see' the bigger picture.

I haven't seen a single 'revolutionist' out there who has factored these simple facts into their 'strategy'. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me. Since you didn't, I'll beg your forgiveness for my intrusion ... in advance.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You nailed it.a reply to: caladonea

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

the only "change" i want is a return to what made this country great. a government that wants what is best for our people.

Then good news. We already have that.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

the only "change" i want is a return to what made this country great. a government that wants what is best for our people.

Lol when was that!?!?

It's "golden age syndrome" that makes us believe things used to be better. You really think a bunch of slave owning founding fathers were when the politicians "really wanted what was best for all of us"?

Lmao!!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't know what would be the national mass catalyst for it, but I know that we're close.

They have (with the exception of those of us who refuse to subscribe to the left/right paradigm) effectively divided the USA into two camps already. We're primed, like a powder keg ready to blow.

My personal trigger would be when they attempt widespread Marshall Law.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Then good news. We already have that.

HAHAHA!! Good one!

When's your next comedy show?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I think it hasnt happened for several reasons.

First, the average Joe sixpack is blissfully ignorant of what is going on. We are fast becoming a nation of idiots. And believe me I take no pleasure in making that statement. But I grew up in a country that was sending people to the MOON, and now doesnt even really have a space program. People dont read books, and the fact that the idiocy we call television gets ratings at all points to a marked drop in intelectual capacity.

Second, is people are "fat and happy". As long as we have our wide screen TVs, smart phones, abundant food, cars with bluetooth, we arent going to rock the boat too much. If you look in countries where there is revolution, people are desparate and in many cases food is the trigger. The Arab spring was largely based on living conditions getting so terrible that people finally had enough and took to the streets. That certainly hasnt happened in the US yet, although its getting closer every year. We are pretending to be a first world country fueled by low wage service jobs. You have people with Masters degrees working at Mcdonalds. College at this point is pretty much an exercise in futility for most kids. We are getting closer but we arent there yet.

And lastly. People have NO idea how to do it. Everyone is locked into car payments, mortgages, and student loans, just trying to hang on to their sh*tty job. Everyone is afraid to rock the boat. You have to remember, when the American revolution took place, these people were farmers, and people who lived off the land, pretty much survivalists. People now are nowhere near that skillset for the most part.

Hopefully we will see some change in our lifetimes but I am not optimistic. All you can do is try to live a peaceful life. This game will be going strong long after we are all dust. Its nothing new.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My Opinion is that there are too many Stupid People
Voting Just to Be Voting.
Without a Clue as to Who or What They are Voting for.
If that Could be changed we as a nation might have a chance.
Otherwise We are going to be in DEEP DO DO Soon.
The Straw that Broke The Camels Back is Soon to be Laid.
Just My Opinion of Course.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I, and many others, have already had enough.

The problem is that even talking about doing anything about it is now covered under the blanket term "terrorism" and will get you locked away in the for profit prison system- or shot on sight.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

The tyrants are in charge, and they have taken everything from us. They will not give an inch back. We can't fight them without being organized.

Closest thing I've seen in my life to stopping them was the "we are the 99%" riots.
Did anyone else notice how quickly those dissipated when the whole sopa/pipa thing came around? Suddenly everyone went to "fight" that instead. Then we "won", and everyone went back to work.
The same BS laws passed within a month, I'm sure, without public eye. Letting the media talk about it was a distraction to quiet the riots and prevent the people from pushing back.

The last straw has come and gone, but it won't be until our currency fails and people get hungry that there will be any movement for change.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
All I can really see happening in the next 20 years is basically more money and power being given to those who already have it. I just don't see the common man doing anything other than whine or post memes on the net and the people in power are seasoned pros at screwing the rest of us over. I actually admire the ability the few have to totally treat the many like sheep and live like kings while the rest of up scurry about making a living.

Revolution or any kind of violent uprising would surely be their doing as they have enough firepower and morons to use said firepower against the people. Plenty of cages to put us and enough brainwashed fools to support the cause and it would be over very quickly.

The only miracle solution imo is a total boycott of government and corporations. Take all your money out and buy enough food for a month from a farm if possible and stay on your front lawn until the gov breaks and caves. If 90% did that you would attack their achilles heal, money!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Your plan sounds brilliant, thanks for posting it - it gives me a glimmer of hope!
Check your inbox - I'd like more info please.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So, fellow Citizens, what would be the "final straw" that would make you feel that it is time to "throw off such government" that has repeatedly broken the bonds that our wiser ancestors chained it with?

Should it not have been when Abraham Lincoln decided on murdering millions of his own citizens just so he could continue to lord over those remaining?

Lincoln "murdered" at most 300,000 of his own citizens, and that only if you count the boys he sent to war in his invasion and annexing of a foreign country. The Confederates were not "his own citizens", the Confederacy was a foreign nation. In that, he did no different than his predecessors in the westward expansion of America, and no different than the many foreign adventures of 20th and 21st century presidents - except the latter learned not to actually annex their conquests.

The two-term presidential limit law was did not exist until AFTER Roosevelt's 4 terms. That was actually why it was passed.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Is this the world you want for your children?

The world I would hand pick for all children once existed
but is no more and yet, will come again.

I understand perfectly how we lost, " The perfect world", paradise.
Everytime I look at this one.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Seriously, you're going to claim that protecting children is an unpopular cause?

Yes, it's always "for the children", isn't it? I get real tired of hearing that same lame excuse for misconduct over and over and over again.

That taxation is unfair,

Not only unfair, but also excessive.

while you use the roads,

There was nothing wrong with the way roads were built and maintained back when America was still a free country. The job still got done.

enjoy public spaces,

Those spaces will still be there, whether I pay taxes or not. Failure to pay taxes does not suddenly make ground vanish into another dimension or something.

emergency services, a legal system, political process?

None of those are things I "enjoy".

Here's what people like you don't seem to understand (and by "people like you" I mean constitution waving ranters looking for a revolution) you do not represent the wider public, that is what voting is for.

Ah yes - it's all that "just a damned piece of paper's" fault, eh? Wouldn't life be so much easier without it? Who the hell needs a foundation for a government when there are proles to fleece?

And yes, as I said just a couple of days ago in response to another thread like this, acting against the will of the people in an imagined crusade against the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT would be deemed terrorism. You would be not unlike any other radical group seeking to usurp the democratic process to inflict your political ideals onto a society.

1) There is no "will of the people". If there were a single "will of the people", this discussion would not be happening.

2) America is not a "democracy", and will not be, no matter how many times you repeat it. It was set up the way it was specifically to keep a group of people, even a big group, from ganging up and eating the rest of us. I see by your words that you'd like to end that. Good luck. Some of us will not go down smoothly when eaten.

3) The "democratic process" is a sham, a creation to allow that group of people to gang up on the rest and eat them. It is not being "usurped", it is being defied. Deal with it.

If you don't like the way your government is running things, protest, organize political opposition, create debate and discussion, run for office, do one of the many things you are entirely free to do in your free country (freedoms your democratic system affords you).

OR, Americans could just do it in some non-communisitc way... defying the gang mentality. What is "freedom"? Following the herd or following your own heart? I suppose it could be argued that forming an army to take back the nation would be a type of "organizing political opposition", now wouldn't it? Maybe America will look into that... some day... Running for office is a losing proposition in a stacked deck, and some smart guy once said "war is the extension of politics by other means".

NO "democratic system" will ever afford any degree of freedom - that's an illusion fostered by the overlords. "Freedom" is not owning other people to the degree that you get to order them what to do and how to live. Well, it's not "freedom" for those so enslaved, anyhow...

But, and this is the important part many people like you ignore, you don't get to decide what is best for your country ...

But... you DO, amirite? Must be nice to be you, all ensconced in that catbird seat.

and use force to achieve it, you don't get to take up arms against your government for an imagined political Utopian ideal, the moment you do that you are a terrorist.

It's worked before, in other countries, and even here, once upon a time.

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

edit on 2015/4/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

sadly, you are correct about people being programmed to be a certain way. how do you think a determined, but small group of people could change that?

Study Mao (the USMC does, and look how it works for them!). Study Che Guevara. it worked for the opposition, and it can work for you just as well. The only thing you have to modify is the end result - deliver freedom to the population, rather than shackles and servitude.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
a reply to: EternalSolace

Sad to say but any successful revolution would first have to take away those means of distraction from the public. If they don't feel the burn in some way, they will never even pay attention.

There have beens plans and ideas for this presented and documented.

That still leaves this question: If the plans to take away the distractions were implemented, what would it take for that group to not be labeled as domestic terrorists?

As soon as a group claimed responsibility for it, public opinion would immediately be swayed against them. The public wouldn't want to hear nor would believe anything the group said.

You misunderstand. the key is not for the revolutionaries to take them away, it is for the revolutionaries to force the government to take them away. That's basic guerrilla tactics 101, going WAY back.

I daresay i see it's beginnings even now, with the government being "forced" to crack down on the internet, and surveillance run amok.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join