It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this site?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Waste of time. I also tried to get in. All ATS code breakers get to work. AW

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This site is weird. If you click on the picture at thebase.org you get a picture of these kids from the 1930s or something. There's a place to put in a password but it doesn't work but if you click on the words ENTER PASSWORD it takes you to a whole load of codes. Does anyone know if this is a hoax or something? Also what's the point of it?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Do a simple 'View Source' on the page and you will see there is nothing to it. The 'Password' field isn't part of a real HTML form. There is nothing in the page. Now, it has changed alittle since I last looked at it, a couple of hidden links, like:
www.terrorists.co.uk...
And that is the same site/page, just a diff server header under a diff domain name.
The other link:
www.thecrossword.com...

Thats different. Anyone care to play with it?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What's the significance of the Pleiades? Why is there a link to www.pleiades.info next to Colonel Ian Gordon and why does it say "access denied"?

Why are the Pleiades plastered all over the codes at www.thecrossword.com?

Why is there a link to Princess Diana when you click on one of the stars at www.pleiades.info?

Is there a Pleiades Project or something? I'm just brainstorming to see if I can bounce any sense or meaning off anyone else. What's with the Satellite Imaging? Is there any such person as Major Deriko - or any of the others? Or is there no sense or meaning. Just a waste of time? Why go to so much trouble for no reason. Is this just random stuff? When was the code at www.thecrossword.com written? What do all the other codes mean?

Weird.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Seem like a thing in work.
Changes each time I go back to look at it, who ever, keeps adding/changing things.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Found these things interesting...

Below the excerpt from the book on thecrossword.com, you can click on eight different links that take you back to the "crossword" with different words highlighted. Most of them seem to be just weird jumbles of letters, but I found some things in them that I found interesting...

"Curiouser" has just one name...Lewis Carroll. (any significance?)
The page is titled "williams".

"Directions" has "who" and "here" plus some jumbles.
The page is titled "common sense" (riiiight...).

"Disappearance" has some long words that I don't make any sense out of.
It's titled "another place".

"Encounter" has the word "Pleiades" over and over again.
The page is titled "until the dawn".

"Masque" has "hellsmouth", "mouse", "hare" and "heir" along with...what..."celgna" or "anglec" or some such thing.
That page is also titled "williams".

"Message" starts out with an excerpt from "Chasing Charlie" basically saying that there could be other worlds than our own. There's no words marked here. There IS a link to www.chasingcharlie.com... and another excerpt, this one with some messages in red and blue. Haven't tried anything with those yet.
Page title is "other worlds lurking".

"Otherworld" has the words "peace" and "hope" with some other jumbles.
Page title is "tir nan og" (what?).

"Wisdom" has "eye", the letter "y" and the letter "i".
Page title is "why?" (that's what I wanna ask you...).

I'm gonna look around some more. This page is making me curiouser and curiouser, even if it is really just some "hoax".

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hi,

All this information comes from my friend James, I'm just typing it up for him. He asked me to pass on any email I recieved about this:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

My name is James McLaughlin, and I was intrigued to discover this discussion. I think I can shed some light on the matter, although there's a lot I'd like to know more about.

First of all, "Chasing Charlie" is an armchair treasure hunt. By solving clues hidden in the book by Richard Henderson it was supposed to be possible to deduce the location of several (1000) bottles of expensive whisky (as well as several smaller caches in other locations) hidden in the Scottish Highlands. On the Millennium, Henderson revealed that the only clue to the main cache was the bottles on the cover - going to Bottle Island, a seeker would have found a hidden bottle containing information on the location of the treasure. He also invited everyone who'd written to him to a party at the hiding place, with 150 of the whisky bottles to provide the drinks. After that, he moved the rest somewhere, and stated that there was one more lateral clue in the book that would lead to the new location. "Perhaps, if you find it, you will drink a few and hide them again."

I didn't pay much attention, even when I discovered that a website, (chasingcharlie.co.uk, I think) along with a very odd related site (www.thecrossword.co.uk) had appeared, until I decided this summer to take a shot at solving thecrossword. As I was about to do so, it occurred to me that there may be more such sites out there, and I googled for terms like thecrossword and chasingcharlie.

A very exhaustive google found www.aliceincyberland.com - a site containing only a little text ("Curiouser and curiouser" - taken from Alice in Wonderland) and a link to thecrossword. I nonetheless informed my friends at www.quest4treasure.co.uk, www.treasureclub.net, and www.armchair-treasure-hunt.com. Not much later, using an application that allowed him to search for pages that linked to a chosen page (Google does this as well, but it didn't find this), treasure hunt veteran Mark Parry found pleiades.info, although at that time it only linked to thecrossword.com. and not thepeoplesprincess.co.uk. I saved copies of the Alice, Charlie, Pleiades, and Crossword sites. I also found Henderson's website, www.bothy.com, and emailed him to find out if these sites were his and if they had anything to do with CC. I got the response:

Dear James,

Yes, but I think you may be missing the point

Richard

or something of that sort. I do remember that as well as referring to "missing the point" he included not one full stop in his email, which may be related - I don't know.

I was really bored by the tedious googling, but I nonetheless searched as thoroughly as I could for any more sites, and finding none, gave it a rest until this week, when I had time to try to solve the puzzle. (No luck). I did want to look up words like chaolais and anglec - in fact, it was +charlie +anglec on Google which brought me here.

Now, I thought until I read about terrorists, thebase, and thepeoplesprincess here that Alice In Cyberland and pleiades.info might be two of seven sites, each themed after a different thecrossword page - on this occasion "Curiouser and curiouser" (titled dodgson, not williams) - Lewis Carroll wrote Alice In Wonderland, and his real name was Charles L (Luttwidge I think) Dodgson, and the page with Pleiades highlighted. I rather hoped so as the williams page would then have been especially interesting - Kit Williams wrote Masquerade, the first armchair treasure hunt, starring Jack Hare, who attempted to convey a golden hare as a gift to the Sun from the Moon, only for it to be lost (and the book's readers then went trying to find where Williams had buried the gold hare). I don't know what anything none-hare related on that page has to do with KW.

I'd very much like these codes that one of you found when trying to enter a password on one of these new sites. Currently I can't find any forms, or password requests on thebase.org - just a picture of "The Beechnut Fairy" and a quote from Marcus Aurelius. There's nothing interesting on terrorists.co.uk either, or thepeoplesprincess.co.uk, although Prince Charles featured prominently in Chasing Charlie, so the Diana site could be related to that.

I would like it if someone could email me copies of the versions of these sites that contained the form, password request, the picture of "those kids", Major Deriko, Colonel Ian Gordon, etc. I'm afraid www.archive.org was no help.

At the time I write this, it may be a few more days before I can get back onto the Net, so my friend Sandra has agreed to post this for me(Thanks Sandy!). Please email the codes and any other information you have to her at [email protected]. (and hopefully post them to this board too!)

Cheers,

James McLaughlin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's James's message. Interesting, non?

Meow,

Sandra Parker.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I as well noticed that there's no link to the actual "main page" of the site anymore.
The page was titled "williams" when I went to it, though that was some time ago. Someone noted that the person seemed to keep changing things, so perhaps that was one of the things.
Nonetheless, it's interesting.
I don't have any copies of these pages, but maybe someone can find some.

Oh, by the way, terrorists.co.uk has completely changed. It's got the text of Psalms 46. Strange.

[edit on 1/28/05 by NegativeCreep]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Some more information- I'm hoping this thread is still live because I certainly need all the help I can get to solve this!

'directions' page: also contains the words eye, ear and help

'disappearance' page: the words are gee, gueplh(a popish faction in medieval Italy), chaolais (Bein a'Chaolais is one of the Paps of Jura) and what may be y or yy(a link to the riddle on the wisdom page?)

'otherworld' page: more words are shea, fey and shee. 'Tir nan og' is a mythical world in Irish folklore - whether the Celtic mythology is the same in the Hebrides I don't know

'wisdom' page: this page refers to the riddle 'YYURYYUBICURYY4ME' which means "Too wise you are," etc as the quote underneath says - so on the grid all the 'two eyes/i's/y's/ayes' are picked out

'masque' page: heir - Prince Charles; mouse - next to lewis and carroll - could this refer to the dormouse?; anglec = Anguilla Electricity Co. - Anguilla means 'Snake Island' or it could mean 'angle c'

There are 7 pages (plus the message page) - a link to the Seven Sisters? which is another name for the Pleiades. Maia (the star that links to thepeoplesprincess page) was the eldest and supposedly the most beautiful, yet shyest, of the sisters. The star that links to thecrossword.com is Merope, but what interests me is that the shape of the stars seems to form an arrow, which may tie in with what Hederson said in his email: 'missing the point'. The two stars either side link to somethig, but the point of the arrow does not. The star is called Electra. I may well be going off on a tangent here, but food for thought nonetheless.

The quote from Marcus Aurelius on thebase.org is from 'Meditations' Book 2, no. 17 and it is slightly abridged, as is Psalm 46 on terrorists.co.uk.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Tenacious Dave]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
WHAT the HELL is THAT???????? omg

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Damn, that is one complicated puzzle. I think that there is definitely something to the "missing the point" thing - the point of the arrow has no links, the email had no periods... Maybe it has something to do with periods.

Zip

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidniteRaven
www.thebase.org...

I found it while searching for an Al Qa'ida website...

Looks like a trigger site for people with Monarch Programming...

Is it lazy-eye type of image...?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That is a picture of "The Beechnut Fairy," I guess from a children's book or something...

THE BEECHNUT FAIRY

O the great and happy Beech,
Glorious and tall!
Changing with the changing months,
Lovely in them all:

Lovely in the leafless time,
Lovelier in green;
Loveliest with golden leaves
And the sky between,

When the nuts are falling fast,
Thrown by little me
Tiny things to patter down