It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether Or Not Homosexuality Is A Choice Is Irrelevant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The poster has just asked me:

What is your point? Are you saying that kids become straight or gay because of their parents?

I mean wtf? Is he reading a completely different thread and accidentally replying on here?

Or not reading any of my posts?

Like I say.... waste of time. It's a waste if people aren't going to do their own research or block off their ears but it's an even bigger waste if they don't even read the posts!

As for your point about homosexuality being abnormal (or the guy who said it was)...

It depends on your own ideas. The poster may believe that nature meant us to multiply and be M+F therefore M+M or F+F is not the norm - supported by the fact that the norm is majority - that's fact. I don't agree the word should be used and perhaps he isn't using it in the right place. But I can see what he's saying, so can anybody - you can see why he uses the word - there's no need to question him on that, it takes the thread off topic.

It's a matter of numbers, norms, patterns, regularities and patterns.

It's down to what you think nature wants and none of us know that.

Sorry to go off, I just can't handle it when this happens! I'm going to go outside and eat some cured meat.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

being gay is like being black so we need to make laws to protect them."

Not sure which side you are on but...

Those laws exist because of some people wanting them gone. We wouldn't have those laws if those people don't have problem with "other kind" of people.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

So folk are immature with an opposing opinion to you? Ok then!

I see your numerous other threads on pedophiles and agree with everything you say in those threads, however on this topic we are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Can you explain the 1500 species of animal that have homosexuality in them, is this nature or nurture?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Sorry to go off, I just can't handle it when this happens! I'm going to go outside and eat some cured meat.

Sorry, but cured meat is just unnatural -- and abnormal!!
edit on 20-3-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Sorry, but cured meat is just unnatural!!

Yes banish them to hell.

Pass the law to get them jailed for eating cured meat!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

being gay is like being black so we need to make laws to protect them."

Not sure which side you are on but...

Those laws exist because of some people wanting them gone. We wouldn't have those laws if those people don't have problem with "other kind" of people.

I'm on the side of individual liberty and I'm against government telling people what to do regardless if I like what they do or not.

The law should not recognize protected classes but should treat everyone the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I'm on the side of individual liberty and I'm against government telling people what to do regardless if I like what they do or not.

The law should not recognize protected classes but should treat everyone the same.

It isn't the government it's the people hence the law.

Are you against the government telling people that slavery is wrong?

Now you understand?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

because the rest of what you write is nonsense.
It's always dangerous when people like you, want to reduce real people, who want to get on with their lives, work and meet people they love and settle down, as some kind of danger to society.
they arent people any more , they are a menace, with an agenda.

No it is only nonsense because you it doesn't sit with your ideals. Besides '(There's) no such thing as a stupid question', if my post was that outlandish.

I presented very valid points, ones that are raised in schools, and university across the globe. Did you have a formal education?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh now you are a psychologist/psychiatrist?

Do I need to be that? In order to provide my input to this discussion?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You were encouraging the discussion of the matter of the OP rationally, from the point of view of evidence, and without emotionalism.

Yet, and I say this with respect gained from our conversations, you're reacting quite emotionally to what another poster said.

In general, the tag "homophobe" is as useless as the tag "abnormal" unless, again, it is backed up with facts and evidence.

Also, when we are confronting beliefs rather than evidence, we might as well prepare ourselves for a bit of "semantic head-banging."

It is a matter of numbers, norms, patterns, and regularities. I've provided several good references to a wealth of information above regarding actual studies and population measures ... if anyone is really interested.

If not, shake it off. You've never struck me as a homophobe.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I presented very valid points, ones that are raised in schools, and university across the globe. Did you have a formal education?

Ok what was the question and the "valid" points?

BTW you insulted him by asking if he had a formal education. It's a big no no here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Mate you need to start reading posts on threads and stop telling people what is and isn't acceptable in these forums.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Do I need to be that? In order to provide my input to this discussion?

Yes? You are the one who made the claim?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Mate you need to start reading posts on threads and stop telling people what is and isn't acceptable in these forums.

I am not telling them that. Read again.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes i did thank you.
But yet again you've shown what an obnoxious world view you have.
I hate and have always hated that world view, "you dont agree with me, therefore you must be uneducated."
And suggesting gay people have a negative impact on society and it's due to single mothers, doesnt fit with my world view.
edit on 20-3-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

link   

It isn't the government it's the people hence the law.

Are you against the government telling people that slavery is wrong?

Now you understand?

Equal protection under the law, thus slavery is wrong and not equal protection. Everyone has the rights to life, liberty, and property, thus slavery is wrong.

The state recognizing certain protected classes and giving them special consideration is not treating everyone else equally and is this just as wrong as the state giving someone else less rights.

link   
Identity though ... is a sticky mess in more ways than one when you get down to it. It is partially innate, partially socially constructed, partially a result of happenstance and random events ... partially self-constructed which leads all sorts of logical paradoxes.

How much of these discussions would be avoided and rendered moot if we stopped identifying ourselves and other people based soley on our sexual/romantic interests?

I'll be glad to stop calling myself gay anytime, and I would be glad to be treated equally before the laws which are equal treatments without consideration thereto.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
When people say, "Homosexuality is unnatural," they most likely mean "Homosexuality is disgusting." But the beautiful thing about nature is, it doesn't CARE if you think it's disgusting or not. Nature will stay Nature. And homosexuality is found is over 1,500 species. Homophobia is found only in humans. It's Homophobes that are unnatural.
edit on 20.3.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Right. You just proved my point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join