It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La. Bill To Ban Kids From Using Uzis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

Considering I am not the one who expressed feigned confusion I figure I will just stick to the topic.

In regards the Original Post, I concur, there are way too many laws on the books already so start by enforcing those before adding new ones.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here you go Ivan, as they say, "the numbers don't lie" -

m.fbi.gov...
edit on 17-3-2015 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly, we need to ban more stuff that is already banned.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm sure it was a response to when that 9 year old killed the gun instructor.

:/

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Probably, but even so ... I think that making it a law is stupid.

This is a clear failure of common sense. Why did a firing range allow this and why did the parents think this was a good idea? And what proof does anyone have that this is some kind of mysterious, widespread thing that goes on and thus that we all need protection from?

Nope she just wants her name on a law.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ahhhh, i didnt know this was a problem?!?

Wow, just wow

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals

And this is why the Anti-2nd crowd are the biggest collection of morons.

Just moronic.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

Oh, but an all controlling parent Govt does.

Honestly......you foreigners and your moronic beliefs.

Firearm sales and CCW permit applications are at an all time high.

Violent crime is low and is trending low.

Cities where strict and Unconstitutional gun laws are implemented have the highest violent crime rates.

I guess common sense, from the above, is just too much to ask from you.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Seems to be a case of a solution in search of a problem from where I'm sitting. Its not like fully automatic weapons are common items of ownership that are readily available to and easily affordable by the general public. And never mind the age restrictions on purchase of such a firearm. But, sure, let's hit the panic button and add a pointless law in response to one or two incidents in a population of 300+ million.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Louisiana Representative Barbra Norton has filed a bill for the upcoming legislative session that would make it illegal to supply a child 12 or under with an Uzi sub-machine gun. She says kids are not big enough to handle such a large weapon in a safe manner. "When I think about a machine gun and about a child who is 12-year-old trying to hold it and maintain it to keep it pointing in one direction," said Norton. "Well I have a concern about that."

OK, if you think your twelve year old is to weak and incompetent to handle an Uzi with direct supervision, don't take your kid to shoot an Uzi, but if other people want to teach their kids how to handle said weapons properly while allowing them to have fun, then how about you mind your own damn business?

(For the record, I'm not referring to the OP, but this Senator)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
Seems to be a case of a solution in search of a problem from where I'm sitting. Its not like fully automatic weapons are common items of ownership that are readily available to and easily affordable by the general public. And never mind the age restrictions on purchase of such a firearm. But, sure, let's hit the panic button and add a pointless law in response to one or two incidents in a population of 300+ million.

Yep, she is being a hypocrite like a good little Liberal (Don't paint group x for the actions of a few of it's members!!!!!!!)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

It is, and yes, it was an unfortunate incident, but this is ONE INCIDENT. Kids aren't accidentally offing themselves or their instructors all over the country. It was a tragic incident that is a thousand times or more less common than rollover car crashes that eject their drivers, you don't see them rushing to require all cars have Roll Cages and cages over every window in the car to stop drivers from being ejected do you?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Elton

It is, and yes, it was an unfortunate incident, but this is ONE INCIDENT. Kids aren't accidentally offing themselves or their instructors all over the country. It was a tragic incident that is a thousand times or more less common than rollover car crashes that eject their drivers, you don't see them rushing to require all cars have Roll Cages and cages over every window in the car to stop drivers from being ejected do you?

It was actually several incidents, a few of which are cited in the video there.

Look, I'm not for gun control, and this isn't specifically directed at you, but everyone in America's eagerness to jump on gun control issues with a baseless analogy is just bizarre and borderline embarrassing (and it seems to be the norm here so it warrants saying). This law is pointless because it's covering a very small amount of occurrences, why don't we just keep it at that? Going beyond that seems to just be another tick making Americans look like redneck, gun-toting idiots to the international community.

Your example is not analogous, by the way, because we are dealing with age restrictions on practice of the voluntary discharge of a firearm, not additional costs for roll cages in a vehicle that you require to go to work so that you can eat tomorrow. These situations would never be handled in the same way.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're believing the crime figures provided by a self-serving police force, are you?

It's pretty funny, all the data is misleading, and it will never be trusted by anyone on either side because gun laws in the US are the equivalent of Sharia Law in an Islamic nation.

It really is pretty irrational, you would think that a civilized and powerful nation like the USA would have evolved from this already.

I always like seeing the debates about it on ATS, because it's pretty irrational and seems to be based on nothing more than "I want my TOYS!!!"

Really, that's all it is, a bunch of grown men who want their toys to play with and throw a tantrum any time someone points out that those toys are potentially deadly, and often are.

If those who wrote all that historical text way back when - when a gun took 30 seconds to load, could only fire one shot, and only had a limited range in a society much smaller than it is now - could see the kind of weaponry their citizens can now own (designed for the singular purpose of killing others) they would weep in utter despair at their shortsightedness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join