It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fear an Armed Public?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I hate your gun freedoms that I don't have. Our organizations are small and puny, our rights limited.

We have the NFA - www.nfa.ca...

That is all. It's anemic, weak, and getting weaker. In urban areas, there is hardore gun control advocacy...mostly because of the hardcore crime. The government was going to ban handguns if the Liberals were elected...thank God that didn't happen. As it is, we have no RTKBA, very little self defence rights. It's pretty ridiculous, read some of that NFA stuff. You'll be enraged.

DE

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
That is all. It's anemic, weak, and getting weaker.

That would mainly be because you don't have an equivalent of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

www.law.cornell.edu...

That's where you need to start.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A lot of the problem in getting something like your RKBA rights is the ingrained liberal attitude in big cities, where a lot of the population is. Even with things like teh Summer of the Gun, regular shootings and stabbings and whatnot, they DEMAND that no one have firearms at all. As it is, the law requires that you retreat if possible- which makes little sense to me. If you can retreat all the time, even from your house, how are you expected to defend yourself? Retreat just adds to the victimization.

DE

<< 1  2   >>

join