It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Sasquatch encounter and photo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
These photos were taken last autumn in the vicinity of the Nuclear Lake/ Little Whaley lake area near Pawling New York. It is a large unpopulated area not far from the Apalachian Trail. It is private land so technically we were trespassing but I have since met the landowner and I now have permission to go in there.

I knew there had been sightings in that area before so I always are looking out for signs such as tree breaks and tree knocks. I was there with my 4 year old daughter taking photos and videos of her playing in the leaves and we walked about 2 miles into the forest along a trail which is a disused dirt road dating from the late 19th century where there was a small township according to a historical map. No trace of it remains save from some stone foundations of the houses that used to be there. It has always puzzled me why this place was just abandoned suddenly in the early 1900s and why no trace of any buildings remain and the road sealed off and a new one made that circumvents the whole area.

I spotted what looked like tree breaks around a large rock a small distance off the trail. There was one tree break and a large tree trunk that had not been broken but carried from elsewhere and placed against the rock. I took two photos of it which I've included here. I've found similar things around so I really didn't think it was a big deal. After turning round to head back to the car I had an eerie feeling of being watched and followed. I heard some faint sounds of movement coming from the left side of the trail and I thought I saw something move, so I took lots of photos towards that direction as we walked back with the intention of zooming in on the computer later to see if anything showed up. I convinced myself it was probably just a Black Bear and even though didn't expect to even see it on the pics. When we were almost back at the car I felt a large deep thud from the ground but didn't hear anything, which really gave me the willies at the time but I later dissmised the whole thing and pretty much forgot about it.

A few weeks ago I finally got round to looking at the pics, out of boredom more than anything else. I had about ten shots which I carefully examined at a high zoom. Nothing of consequence on them apart from one. I am on the fence about what it actually is. It definitely looks like a face but it could just be some form of simulcara. A trick of the light basically. Here are the pics. See what you think.

Here is the face circled. This is greatly zoomed in from the original pic, hence the graininess.

Here it is again without the face circled.

Here is the original pic with the zoomed area indicated.

Here is the rock with the tree breaks.

This is a screencap from GE of part of the area. somewhere around the center two thirds up is where we were.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
interesting photo but the alleged head doesnt seem to have a body, IDK what to say other then remain skeptical

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pareidolia

It happens a lot in the woods.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'll tell you thing I enjoyed your story, the photos and your research.
Bigfoot hmm.... not too sure about. I would keep the story alive for your kids sake ;-)

There is a Goldilocks principle to Bigfoot photos/videos

too blurry - it's a branch, it's a shadow, it's a bear, oh my
too clear - obvious fake I see the stitching and the Party City gorilla price tag.

The best ones are somewhere in the middle.
edit on 8-1-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Tree breaks are cool.

Maybe...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
im sorry but that does not resemble a Sasquatch in any way. just like those alien mars rocks.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

Waitaminute...

This is NO sasquatch!

I can be sure of that because no self respecting sasquatch wears pink.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
A head without a body. Nope, not sasquatch. I hope you had a gun with you when you went. If there are bear and possibly big foot, you don't want to take your four year old with you. I would suggest taking a friend along and a couple of guns in case and go exploring some more.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: angus1745

Waitaminute...

This is NO sasquatch!

I can be sure of that because no self respecting sasquatch wears pink.

Peace

Hahahaha! She sure is a cutie!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think sasquatch must have some special powers that prevent cameras from taking it's picture. Every picture is out of focus, out of range, shaky video, etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Reminds me of that old joke.

Two guys in the woods and they stumble into an angry bear....one starts doing his shoe laces up the other turns and says "You can't out runa bear" the other replies "nope I only need to outrun you".

Oh and sorry OP I can't see anything but trees.
I hope it was one I really do I want to believe
edit on 8-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

The only way to be sure is go back to that location and see if you an find any brush in that vicinity that could pass for what you see in the picture. I do see what you perceive as a Bigfoot but I'm skeptical that it is one. As mentioned earlier I think it's pareidolia, but maybe not.

Is there anyway you can get your hands on a game camera and leave it in the area from a week to a month? If so may I also suggest, and this may sound weird, that you use deer urine or some kind of scent remover on the camera before leaving it. I have a hunch Sasquatch's have a keen sense of smell and anything that smells like us keeps them away.

Maybe also hang something about 8 to 9 foot off the ground by a string and see if it gets messed with. Perhaps a CD that can easily detach to see if it goes missing. I wouldn't put it in front of the camera because when the wind blows the motion sensor on the camera would take a picture every time.

I'm also not big on tree knocking or imitating their howl to get their attention. I think these are warnings and that's the last thing you want to do is scare it off.

Anyway just a few suggestions and things I would try if I was there.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't see it man. There should be a huge body sticking out there somewhere shouldn't there?

I did love the story though, and will say I think that area would be ripe for a finding!!

Since you have permission now, go early and go often!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I believe I can make out the shape you are seeing but I can't stand behind that it's anything other than brush making the allusion that something is there.

I'm opened minded about it though. I do think it's possible the big beast is somewhere out there.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

By my opinion this is just a "face looking" something. And it doesnt not have all the characteristics of a face. This just sceptical .

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least. That could be another tree/branch forming what looks like a face as others have said, or it could be the real deal. There are hundreds if not thousands of reports of them hiding behind trees and peeking out, looking around, so that could be what's happening here. Only way to know is to go back and take a comparative picture of that spot and see if it still looks the same.

As far as urine scent, or scent remover..I think they can smell "scent remover" as weird as that sounds. They have to have amazing olfactory abilities, and what doesn't smell to us might make it easier to smell for them.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Interesting and kind of creepy! I do see what possibly could be a thigh, knee, shin and foot on the other side of the tree where you think the head is, something does seem to be in front of the one tree, the body would be behind the tree.

I guess you didn't go back to look for tracks, if you went there with snow on the ground, maybe you could find tracks, but I would go back armed, with dogs, and friends.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Definitely something is there whatever it is. Don't go into the woods alone, remember Missing 411.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

That just gave me the chills! So many people disappearing! Good advice!

join