It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

student protesters

That says it all right there, they are students they know nothing about the real world or working or justice.

Due process was served, the grand jury has spoken, they are no longer protesters they are domestic terrorist and should be treated as such.
Their beef is no longer about what happened but about our system of due process which they obviously disagree with and want to tear down,that makes them terrorist.
Their right to peaceably assemble ends when they start trampling on other peoples rights.

maybe a little Kent State justice is what`s needed to deal with these domestic terrorist?

Kent state justice?

WTF?

Shooting unarmed protesters?

Dont know whats more shocking the fact you said it or it got stars.

I mean WTF

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
No offense but I think you really, really should go read up on some stuff before continuing to comment. You can't even keep the Constitution and the Bill of Rights straight dude. It's all downhill from there.

Well how is it down hill?

Constitution or bill of rights, either way it's a fundamental right given by the founding fathers to all the citizens of america right?

Just remember, I wasn't the one who was brainwashed from a young child into believing these born given rights is something the government actually takes seriously.

Third, none of that has anything to do with whether or not you can protest in the middle of a freeway.

Well from what I've read from the 1st amendment you most certainly do have the right. But, according to the city of San Diego, apparently you don't have the right.

Like I originally said, kind of ironic, don't you think. lol.

Here.

This might help.

You might want to actually become informed on a subject before challenging those who already are.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Tardacus

student protesters

That says it all right there, they are students they know nothing about the real world or working or justice.

Due process was served, the grand jury has spoken, they are no longer protesters they are domestic terrorist and should be treated as such.
Their beef is no longer about what happened but about our system of due process which they obviously disagree with and want to tear down,that makes them terrorist.
Their right to peaceably assemble ends when they start trampling on other peoples rights.

maybe a little Kent State justice is what`s needed to deal with these domestic terrorist?

Kent state justice?

WTF?

Shooting unarmed protesters?

Dont know whats more shocking the fact you said it or it got stars.

I mean WTF

from what i can see there is quite a lynch mob forming on this thread....pretty damn sad that people would rather hate than try and solve issues and work together....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah, why not? The constitution gives you the right.

You have the right to assemble, but in doing so you cannot violate the rights of others to travel.

So where in the constitution does it state that you have the right to peacefully assemble to petition against the government, as long as it does not violate the time it takes for one to commute on the freeway?

Seems to me your trying to manipulate the words of the constitution to undermined citizens that share a different view point to you.

You have the right of free speech, but that does not entitle you to a radio station.

I completely disagree! But I guess that's why democracy and capitalism are a complete contradiction and simply don't work together.

That makes no sense and does not fit with the concept of what a right is nor the Constitution. You have the right to have free speech but you are not entitled have a radio station. You have to buy your own. Your right to free speech does not obligate your fellow citizens to listen to you--they have every right to ignore you. Your right of assembly does not invalidate the rights of your fellow citizens to travel freely.

You right to do anything does not entitle you to violate other people's rights. Not. One. Iota. Rights and liberties go both ways.

The reason given by the protestors for blocking the highway is because if they protested on the sidewalks, everybody would walk by and nobody would listen to them.

They unabashedly, like the "black brunch" protestors, state their goal is to forcibly disrupt other people's lives who have nothing to do with the events their protesting.

Is this informational or are you saying that is was OK because from their perspective there was a legitimate reason to break the law?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What do you consider a right to be?

Well, that's kind of a loaded question. I mean, the majority of people in my country will tell you we have the right to free speech. But that's actually just a misconception that comes from being completely hollywood obsessed, its not actually written anywhere that I have the freedom of speech. It's just a right my american wannabe government allows us well it suits them. Don't forget, most people in Australia think you call 911 in an emergency because they watch to much tv, rather than triple 0, which is our actual emergency number.

Where does the notion of governments not respecting rights come from that you assume we don't care about it?

The US is lucky enough to have written rights that the people who created america "entitled" them to. Yet modern day America jail people for unpaid parking fines and the most ridiculous things imaginable. They have the highest incarceration rate in the entire world don't they?

The bill of rights should make Americans the most freest people on earth. But in reality, Americans seem to be in the same boat as the rest of us. The government is diluting the bill of rights, generation by generation until it will eventually just become some useless bit of paper with no real significance, accept for propaganda purposes within schools.

I mean, I understand that in try hard American Australia we do not have the right to hold a protest without getting the appropriate documentation from the police. But for it to be like that in the US, is imo a violation of the 1st amendment and most Americans just don't seem to care.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

from what i can see there is quite a lynch mob forming on this thread....pretty damn sad that people would rather hate than try and solve issues and work together....

Can't wait for the self governing

Beware of what you ask for.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I just want to know what's in your wallet and who and how much you get paid... just asking, sponsors? two weeks on the site and I have never seen the bombardment and total spam with a seemingly one sided bias and one track approach.
edit on 7-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

originally posted by: Jamie1

Yeah, why not? The constitution gives you the right.

You have the right to assemble, but in doing so you cannot violate the rights of others to travel.

So where in the constitution does it state that you have the right to peacefully assemble to petition against the government, as long as it does not violate the time it takes for one to commute on the freeway?

Seems to me your trying to manipulate the words of the constitution to undermined citizens that share a different view point to you.

You have the right of free speech, but that does not entitle you to a radio station.

I completely disagree! But I guess that's why democracy and capitalism are a complete contradiction and simply don't work together.

That makes no sense and does not fit with the concept of what a right is nor the Constitution. You have the right to have free speech but you are not entitled have a radio station. You have to buy your own. Your right to free speech does not obligate your fellow citizens to listen to you--they have every right to ignore you. Your right of assembly does not invalidate the rights of your fellow citizens to travel freely.

You right to do anything does not entitle you to violate other people's rights. Not. One. Iota. Rights and liberties go both ways.

The reason given by the protestors for blocking the highway is because if they protested on the sidewalks, everybody would walk by and nobody would listen to them.

They unabashedly, like the "black brunch" protestors, state their goal is to forcibly disrupt other people's lives who have nothing to do with the events their protesting.

Is this informational or are you saying that is was OK because from their perspective there was a legitimate reason to break the law?

That was informational. It was in response to those who feel blocking an interstate is fine because it's the only way to get attention.

Trust me, I don't think it's justfied in any way. It's punkish, self-entitled behavior. Especially that their stated goal was to take money out of the "wallets" of the people they were stopping from going to work.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Still didn't give me a definition of what you think a right is. Ok, I'll go first.

To me a basic right is something that you have intrinsic to yourself that you have as a function of being yourself, as such it imposes no obligation on anyone else in order for you to have it. This is why they are unalienable, no government can give them to you. You already have them as a function of being you, and no government can take them away, only seek to oppress them.

Things like life, liberty, the right to self defense, the right to your property, the right to either defend yourself at trial or provide your defense at trial. Those are basic unalienable rights.

Things like health care, having a lawyer provided, having food, clothing and shelter provided, public education, marriage ... Those are not basic, unalienable rights. They are civil privileges at best because all of them depend on the society and its obligation to provide them to you.

Or as my husband describes it, if you were stranded on a deserted island, what things could you do and provide for yourself? Those are things that are likely related to your basic, unalienable rights. Anything else is a function of society and can be stripped from you as easily as it is given.

edit on 7-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes that's all well and very interesting. But it doesn't change the fact the American public have also been given fundamental rights by the founding fathers in the constitution that the modern day government are in direct violation of. Well the american public just sit by and let it happen, just as long as there still allowed to keep high powered semi automatic weapons under there beds.

The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. Proposed to assuage the fears of Anti-Federalists who had opposed Constitutional ratification, these amendments guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public

Source

Just remember,

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

The 1st amendment gives the American citizen the right to peacefully assemble anywhere they please to protest against the government.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well said. And for what it's worth, I agree.

Still, to my earlier post, unwarranted police aggression is out of control. I understand the reason behind their actions, I just question the method. However, part of me gets it. These people have a strong conviction about what they, and others, perceive as a social injustice. And when they don't think they are being heard, they progress to more explicit measures out of frustration and desperation. History is rife with examples of what can be accomplished when people were simply fed-up enough and took it upon themselves to affect change. I don't thinks it's fair to demonize this group. I just think they don't understand the root of the issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yes that's all well and very interesting. But it doesn't change the fact the American public have also been given fundamental rights by the founding fathers in the constitution that the modern day government are in direct violation of. Well the american public just sit by and let it happen, just as long as there still allowed to keep high powered semi automatic weapons under there beds.

The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. Proposed to assuage the fears of Anti-Federalists who had opposed Constitutional ratification, these amendments guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public

Source

Just remember,

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

The 1st amendment gives the American citizen the right to peacefully assemble anywhere they please to protest against the government.

THe Bill of Rights does not, I repeat does not, GIVE you these rights. The rights are endemic to being human....and therefore cannot be given (in simpler terms, you are born with them). The Constitutional amendments PROTECT those un-given inherent rights from government trespass and/or wholesale suppression. So, I hope you understand it a bit more now. THey are there to protect not give....got it?

It is a common misconception....but none the less, true.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

I just want to know what's in your wallet and who and how much you get paid... just asking, sponsors? two weeks on the site and I have never seen the bombardment and total spam with a seemingly one sided bias and one track approach.

Why are my posts so important to you?

Do you feel that Tyree Landrum was justified in fighting back against those who forcibly stopped him from going to work? Are you for forcing your will on other people just because.... well.... you want to?

What's your side?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Source

Just remember,

-Benjamin Franklin

You have it completely ass-backwards.

The Constitution does not give anybody any rights. The founding fathers did not give anybody any rights.

The Constitution recognizes what the founding fathers believed to be inherent rights, and then created the Constitution for the purpose of legally defining and limiting the power of the government.

And no, blocking others from getting to their job is not a right you were born with. It's the behavior of spoiled 4-year olds who grew up and become college students.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai

Well said. And for what it's worth, I agree.

Still, to my earlier post, unwarranted police aggression is out of control. I understand the reason behind their actions, I just question the method. However, part of me gets it. These people have a strong conviction about what they, and others, perceive as a social injustice. And when they don't think they are being heard, they progress to more explicit measures out of frustration and desperation. History is rife with examples of what can be accomplished when people were simply fed-up enough and took it upon themselves to affect change. I don't thinks it's fair to demonize this group. I just think they don't understand the root of the issue.

Yes. They protest the rights of strangers being violated by going out and violating the rights of their neighbors.

Jeniuses.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You didn't read did you?

I just got done saying, "You don't have unalienable rights because of government. You have them because you are you and alive."

You are making the classic supposition that government gave them to us, and anything you believe government gives, you also believe government can take. Your rights are not a part of that deal. Period. End of argument. The most government can attempt to do is oppress you. Government CANNOT take those rights from you because they did not bestow them on you.

Did the government, then, give you life? I mean, you have a basic unalienable right to your life, and by your logic, there was no life prior to the Founders bestowing it upon us in the COTUS. Clearly, this is false.

This is what I mean by arguing at cross purposes. You and I don't even have the same idea of what a right is, so we're arguing about two different things.
edit on 7-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Do what thou wilt, that's what I think.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

Do what thou wilt, that's what I think.

Thank you for giving me your blessings to post here in spite of what you think. That's very big of you.

Do you have any intelligent comments to add regarding the subject of this thread?

Like why do protestors who claim that "all lives matter" feel like it's ok to forcibly keep people from getting to work because their goal is to hurt them in their "wallets?"

I think that's messed up, and more worthy of discussion than what you hallucinate about me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The simple truth is that evil triumphs when" good" men do nothing....
And Americans have sat on their hands so damnably long that they don't know what to do or who their friends really are any more....
Your love of money and worship of power has corrupted the very fabric of half the worlds societies....and all of your own...
When the virtually helpless fight back with something that delays annoys or disrupts your pursuit of the phoney values
and rewards the bosses hand out you get pissy.....

Then the moaning starts about how your suffering from such protests...(which are initiated on your behalf as well.....)
if protests continue to fail the oppressed............ then sooner or later ...it will be IEDs....

Which do you prefer?
Civil disobedience or IEDS?....a missed hour of work or bloody revolution?
The government is counting on all you selfish citizens...........without the likes of you this whole #mess could have been straightened out by now..........

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
What exactly DO YOU have against freedom and justice?

I agree. That's why your car should be blocked from moving every day until you get fired .. because that's freedom and justice.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join