It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oops.

They murder more innocent people in my city every YEAR than we lose troops in the middle east.

Just blame the rest of my typos on growing up in liberal public schools.

Lol!

Who is "they" and what city are we talking about? That's what I was curious about. I figured somebody was offing somebody.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah, why not? The constitution gives you the right.

You have the right to assemble, but in doing so you cannot violate the rights of others to travel.

So where in the constitution does it state that you have the right to peacefully assemble to petition against the government, as long as it does not violate the time it takes for one to commute on the freeway?

Seems to me your trying to manipulate the words of the constitution to undermined citizens that share a different view point to you.

You have the right of free speech, but that does not entitle you to a radio station.

I completely disagree! But I guess that's why democracy and capitalism are a complete contradiction and simply don't work together.

That makes no sense and does not fit with the concept of what a right is nor the Constitution. You have the right to have free speech but you are not entitled have a radio station. You have to buy your own. Your right to free speech does not obligate your fellow citizens to listen to you--they have every right to ignore you. Your right of assembly does not invalidate the rights of your fellow citizens to travel freely.

You right to do anything does not entitle you to violate other people's rights. Not. One. Iota. Rights and liberties go both ways.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

But didn't the president recently legalize propaganda?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Blacks and the city is Memphis.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Blacks and the city is Memphis.

There were 150 murders total in Memphis in 2013. 157 in 2012. So....?

And I'm not seeing how the propaganda thing (which was actually in 2013, not 2014) pertains to anything here?

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
No offense but I think you really, really should go read up on some stuff before continuing to comment. You can't even keep the Constitution and the Bill of Rights straight dude. It's all downhill from there.

Well how is it down hill?

Constitution or bill of rights, either way it's a fundamental right given by the founding fathers to all the citizens of america right?

Just remember, I wasn't the one who was brainwashed from a young child into believing these born given rights is something the government actually takes seriously.

link   

a reply to: TinkerHaus

Are you not being a "keyboard warrior" by using your keyboard to call someone else a "keyboard warrior"?

No, I'm not. Just trying to draw attention to the recent flood of new users who push this issues constantly. I would wager that you are one of the "support" accounts.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You have the right to assemble, but in doing so you cannot violate the rights of others to travel.

So where in the constitution does it state that you have the right to peacefully assemble to petition against the government, as long as it does not violate the time it takes for one to commute on the freeway?

Seems to me your trying to manipulate the words of the constitution to undermined citizens that share a different view point to you.

You have the right of free speech, but that does not entitle you to a radio station.

I completely disagree! But I guess that's why democracy and capitalism are a complete contradiction and simply don't work together.

That makes no sense and does not fit with the concept of what a right is nor the Constitution. You have the right to have free speech but you are not entitled have a radio station. You have to buy your own. Your right to free speech does not obligate your fellow citizens to listen to you--they have every right to ignore you. Your right of assembly does not invalidate the rights of your fellow citizens to travel freely.

You right to do anything does not entitle you to violate other people's rights. Not. One. Iota. Rights and liberties go both ways.

The reason given by the protestors for blocking the highway is because if they protested on the sidewalks, everybody would walk by and nobody would listen to them.

They unabashedly, like the "black brunch" protestors, state their goal is to forcibly disrupt other people's lives who have nothing to do with the events their protesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No offense but I think you really, really should go read up on some stuff before continuing to comment. You can't even keep the Constitution and the Bill of Rights straight dude. It's all downhill from there.

Constitution or bill of rights, either way it's a fundamental right given by the founding fathers to all the citizens of america right?

Just remember, I wasn't the one who was brainwashed from a young child into believing these born given rights is something the government actually takes seriously.

So first you show a complete lack of knowledge about something you're TRYING to debate about, and when your inaccuracies are pointed out to you, you delve into getting personal?

We're done here

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So you believe you are entitled to your own radio station?

Please elaborate. Where does this right come from? Who must be forced into slave labor to construct it for you?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes, yet another sign that people are all about themselves, not about a cause having to do with encroaching threats to all people, including those complaining about having to get to work for the man, or for some man with a huge company that pay little or avoids taxes but loves stiffing those good ol employees (gerbils, widgets etc) that must get to work on time or else, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

The day will come and is fast approaching when there will be more than protesters blocking highways, but people just don't get that is where we are headed, police state.

Back in segregation, most surprisingly that fool would have no other choice but to join the protesters, while we still remain segregated but yet ever so stealthy and not just by race now but yet the same effect for the majority of class separation, so now he has a greater allegiance to the Walmart or the other slave owners that would not think twice about firing him for much less than being held up by some protesters on highway, yes, it all matters where you have your priorities, well in society today, the almighty dollar rules, those same companies that most of these people work for, have a stronghold on law enforcement, most laws, their politicians by lobbies and the very ones that ultimately the fingers will point back to, not every corporation mainly the ones that we read about daily who offshore, and by proxy set up China dock on main street.

You will jump when told to do so, you will do anything for that Babylon green, yes you are under full control and you will sell your soul for it, I'd like to know how many of those individuals are so afraid of their bosses and in actuality their family is being held hostage in return for full submission to the employers that really do not care one iota about their well being and are actually doing everything they can to rid themselves of so many of the benefits that used to be extended to so called "employees" or corporate property and are looking for every way to cut their payrolls and keep more money.

Just look at them, it's really funny if you really try and get to the real cause of this duress and anger, his money will be put at risk.

I see the point in a way, but for some reason this OP has an axe to grind and goes to great lengths so seemingly, get stars for nothing except exploiting the slogan, using every bad example to her of what needs to be displayed, almost the same type of dirty trick that the press uses when interviewing people at the scene of a crime, they usually have interviewed people that are actually articulate that live in the areas but the story they choose to run with is generally the most inarticulate or uninformed person in the crowd, I've seen enough of the posts that instantly give one an idea of where you are coming from and how you feel but honestly anyone could have joined the site, bringing the fox news gotcha, or worthy methodology of getting a point across.
edit on 7-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Many people protesting have no idea what they are protesting for. It is all about saying they did something. This is why the foolish youth get used so much they have not figured out who they are yet.

I find it ironic many protestors demand Communism........They have no idea what that really means. The very things they are fighting for is the very things they are against.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

This happens almost every generation, we just haven't had quite a dosage of fed up since the 70's really, Occupy tried, but honestly I saw no protesters when Paulson got on stage to announce we were going over the cliff the first time and the big banks that were too big to fail got the bailouts, the welfare, the money and many good intentioned individuals were left hold the bag, when the bottom fell out.

That's when people should have been protesting , the very next day, but most people don't even care or know how to use protesting as a tool, but did they ?but yet they complain, this is about police powers, citizens and honestly human rights, no matter if a segment of the protesters seem off key or point, the problem is there is a core that is pushing this that have legal backing and it's not going anywhere, so let the young have their time, and they will learn, some are blowing this out of proportion because to them, they are breaking some rule or protesting as though during any protest in history, you could create gotcha moments all day log trolling through the crowd, which again is what is done all the time and then pasted on the front page for others to gobble it up as gospel.

I seems like many people love feasting on that and thinking that all protesters don't understand, that is really very narrow minded to make these blanket statements, when I do know many of the young and old that are very well versed in the reasons for the protesting, it is the miniscule number of detractors and infiltrators that attempt to ruin the message and those that buy what the media propagates or wants you to believe.
edit on 7-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

First off, we have yet to establish just exactly what you would define a right to be. That is a very important basic component. If we don't have that base definition settled than we may very well be arguing at cross purposes.

Second, no one here suggested whether or not we think the government takes rights seriously. As I recall, that hasn't actually been part of the discussion as of yet.

Third, none of that has anything to do with whether or not you can protest in the middle of a freeway.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As an aside, I was finally able to watch the full 16 minute video Jamie linked in the OP.

And I have to say, that was a really touching story.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Third, none of that has anything to do with whether or not you can protest in the middle of a freeway.

Well from what I've read from the 1st amendment you most certainly do have the right. But, according to the city of San Diego, apparently you don't have the right.

Like I originally said, kind of ironic, don't you think. lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well from what I've read from the 1st amendment you most certainly do have the right. But, according to the city of San Diego, apparently you don't have the right.

Like I originally said, kind of ironic, don't you think. lol.

Try reading it again then

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No, I asked you to do three things to continue this discussion. You skipped one and two and went on to three.

What do you consider a right to be?

Where does the notion of governments not respecting rights come from that you assume we don't care about it?

THEN, we can discuss whether or not it's appropriate to protest in the middle of a freeway.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

They should protest outside a goverment building or police station.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

I see the point in a way, but for some reason this OP has an axe to grind and goes to great lengths so seemingly, get stars for nothing except exploiting the slogan, using every bad example to her of what needs to be displayed, almost the same type of dirty trick that the press uses when interviewing people at the scene of a crime, they usually have interviewed people that are actually articulate that live in the areas but the story they choose to run with is generally the most inarticulate or uninformed person in the crowd.

Seriously, what are you talking about?

Posting facts is not a dirty trick. This is a forum where ideas can be freely discussed.

Deny ignorance.

Reject ignorance.

If you can say something articulate about this story, about how the protestors were cool to block the dude from getting to work, then go ahead.

Or you can try to personally attack those who point out their stupidity. Choice is all yours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join