It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have gone to several protests in this area as part of the TEA Party, but I don't impede others in their business.

Let me ask those of you who think this is appropriate: If you cause a family to lose everything because of your actions, are you able and prepared to compensate them?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

It`s illegal to back-up or drive the wrong way on a highway, so your solution to the problem is for the innocent law abiding citizens who are trying to get to work, to break the law and endanger their lives in order to get around the people who are breaking the law and endangering their lives by standing in the middle of a public highway?

This may shock you but A LOT of law abiding hard working people WON`T do illegal things that endanger their lives.

edit on 7-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Maybe this has nothing to do with the ethics of protesting and is more about why a person would feel the need to be so paranoid about losing there job because of circumstances that are no fault of there own. You couldn't even (lawfully) get a formal warning for that over here.

It is the very definition of ironic though, that citizens of the (apparent) 'land of the free' would find a argument to demoralize peoples born right to peaceful protest.

First, it's not a "peaceful protest" if you're doing something illegal.

Illegal!?! The first amendment specifically gives the right for citizens to peacefully assemble for the purpose to peacefully protest. So technically speaking, the only thing illegal is any law that denies this right.

But I suppose that's why this so called 'constitution' has proved it self so flawed. You can't protest without asking the police first, the NSA is watching every move you make. But at least you've got your guns, yeah?.......... Just saying.

This is a joke, right?

You really think the 1st Amendment gives people the right to protest in the middle of a highway? Or to prevent others from getting to work?

How about in your kitchen?

Oh, it's no joke. I think needing permission as to when and where a group decides to protest, is in direct conflict with the first amendment right to "peacefully assemble".

But like I originally said, as long as they don't take the guns off you, then most Americans seem more than happy to let the government violate there constitutional rights.

Right.

Let's protest the call in against the Detroit Lions by goingt to the DFW airport and assembling on the runway. I know, we can have a sit and and sing hippie songs too.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

This may shock you but A LOT of law abiding hard working people WON`T do illegal things that endanger their lives.

Wow, like fish in a barrel. I see your point but at the same time.... too bad for them. This may come as a surprise to you there are also harder working people out there that wouldn't allow something like this to stop what needs doing.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: Tardacus

Are you serious? I don't agree with blocking a freeway, but labeling them terrorists is a little much and calling for them to be murdered is downright evil. You were be sarcastic right?

You don`t think that the guy felt a little terror knowing that he might lose his job and not be able to support his 6 kids?

They absolutely did instill fear and terror into some of those people, and that is the definition of a terrorist, by definition they ARE terrorist.

I don`t think they should be murdered, they need to learn that there is a right way and a wrong way to get your point across. if you do it the wrong way, and instill fear or terror in people, things could turn out very bad.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah, why not? The constitution gives you the right.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Lots of armchair warriors in this thread.

Have any of you ever gotten off your lazy ass and done anything against many of the worlds injustices or do you just criticize the actions of others?

Maybe the lazy ass college kids protesting on the I-5 in San Diego could drive to St. Louis, or maybe even NYC, and protest against the people they have a grievance with.

Getting off one's ass to stop their neighbors from going to work isn't protesting. It's forced coercion, a form of the very tyranny that they are claiming to protest against?

Rights violated by police?

Cool!

We'll violate your rights some more and hit you in your wallet.

Morons.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: stirling

originally posted by: stirling
What exactly DO YOU have against freedom and justice?
Truth be known , its idiot sissy people who do nothing but complain about the inconvenience that protest causes them....
Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are similarly blind to the creeping Nazi state which is revealing itself to the unassuming public in America.....
Time to get off your collective whiny asses and change your government back to democratic republicanism.....founded upon the constitution....
I find the attitude of most of you straight people to be petty,selfish, cowardly, AND UNNACCEPTABLE TO A FREE PEOPLE......
You will get the government you DESERVE SOON ENOUGH...............

Nonsense. Those protesters want MORE government, not less, and many are sponsored by Marxist organizations.

I suppose you have a pipeline to the minds of all the protestors thoughts do you?................
Thought not.....then perhaps speak to what you do know......
I believe these people may be misguided in some ways....even agitated by professionals at times....
But at least they care....
The ones who already "have" DONT GIVE A # About those who don't...(.mostly the middle class and upwards)....
and are content to piss and moan, but never actually do ANYTHING, about the greater good.....
"Im alright Jack so # you.....

The man in the video was trying to do the right thing--go to work to support his family without waiting for a handout. He had a job. He had responsibilities. The agitators who were blocking him didn't have to be at work. They don't have jobs--or agitating IS their job.

Speak to the facts and what you do know.....
The people who protested were also trying to do the RIGHT THING.....figure it out....

Blocking the street and keeping law abiding citizens from going to work, to hospital, to pick up or drop off kids, or school is not "doing the right thing" and is the tactic of intimidation just like the Brownshirts of prewar Germany who were also convinced that they were "doing the right thing."

geez.....anyone heard of turning your car or truck around and going down an alternative route?....you know, like if public works were repaving the street, the exact same thing that happens in thousands of places across the US each year.......c'mon, a little critical-thinking skills are badly needed on ATS

Turning the car around. In the middle of a 4 lane highway during rush hour in San Diego. Riiiight. Speaking of lacking critical thinking skills.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No it does not. The Constitution guarantees certain rights, certainly. However, it does not give you the right to violate the rights of others. You have the right to property, but you cannot take someone else's property. You have the right to assemble, but in doing so you cannot violate the rights of others to travel. You have the right of free speech, but that does not entitle you to a radio station. Your right to free speech does not obligate your fellow citizens to listen to you--they have the right to free speech as well.
edit on 7-1-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Wow, like fish in a barrel. I see your point but at the same time.... too bad for them. This may come as a surprise to you there are also harder working people out there that wouldn't allow something like this to stop what needs doing.

There comes a time when something like what you are suggesting may be appropriate, but this isn't it. You don't have enough people on your side and the actions you take only provoke resentment of what you are trying to do.

You also have to think very long and very hard about whether trying to tear down the whole system, because let's be plain that's really what you're advocating, is what is needed and justified. Often, the cure ends up being worse than the disease, so the disease has to be very, very bad indeed to provoke the whole to action of that kind.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well I don't see you doing anything. You want to give up your cushy life for the ignorant, be my guest. I look at them as less than a bug. They annoy me but life still goes on. When they bring violence to my doorstep, the armchair is replaced with wrath and fury. I wouldn't have confronted the protesters. I would have made that call to the local authorities and let them deal with the riff raff. I win and don't have to give up my armchair.

If they burn half of the United States, the country will have deserved it for catering to the ignorant bastards. What do you expect me personally to do? I don't have time to babysit someone who can't understand the English language or what they are protesting about. I'm sure they will destroy themselves and I'll will go with Sun Tzu by watching them do so.

Deep down I really want it to get worse. That way we can make it better after the smoke clears. The cause is not just and meant to divide us all. I choose to sit it out without being part of the problem. Have fun *wave*
edit on 7-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How is interfering with people going to work going to help anything. It will probably just alienate more people from the cause they say they are representing. This makes you wonder sometimes, who's side are the protestors really on.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

There comes a time when something like what you are suggesting may be appropriate, but this isn't it. You don't have enough people on your side and the actions you take only provoke resentment of what you are trying to do.

You also have to think very long and very hard about whether trying to tear down the whole system, because let's be plain that's really what you're advocating, is what is needed and justified. Often, the cure ends up being worse than the disease, so the disease has to be very, very bad indeed to provoke the whole to action of that kind.

Im not saying the protesters are right. I'm saying that I would't blame them for MY day going south. Something always gets in the way when your in a hurry or "need" something. Its called murphy's law and I am used to it enough by now that I don't look past myself for the blame.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but looking at your history you have an obvious chip on your shoulder. My advice is to, you know, go out and enjoy life and stop trying to be such a keyboard warrior.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You have the right to assemble, but in doing so you cannot violate the rights of others to travel.

So where in the constitution does it state that you have the right to peacefully assemble to petition against the government, as long as it does not violate the time it takes for one to commute on the freeway?

Seems to me your trying to manipulate the words of the constitution to undermined citizens that share a different view point to you.

You have the right of free speech, but that does not entitle you to a radio station.

I completely disagree! But I guess that's why democracy and capitalism are a complete contradiction and simply don't work together.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It says none of that anywhere in the Constitution.

Probably because it's in the Bill of Rights.

And even in the Bill of Rights it doesn't say you have the right to assemble to petition the government. They're two SEPARATE entities.

No offense but I think you really, really should go read up on some stuff before continuing to comment. You can't even keep the Constitution and the Bill of Rights straight dude. It's all downhill from there.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oops.

They murder more innocent people in my city every YEAR than we lose troops in the middle east.

Just blame the rest of my typos on growing up in liberal public schools.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I think you need to look up entitle. It does not mean what you seem to think it means.

Now you are completely free to raise your money and go through the licensing hoops to purchase and start up your own radio station, but that's different than being entitled to one.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Are you not being a "keyboard warrior" by using your keyboard to call someone else a "keyboard warrior"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join