It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 year old fatally shoots mother with concealed-carry gun from purse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

A 29-year-old mother was fatally shot Tuesday in an Idaho Walmart when her 2-year-old son in the shopping cart grabbed a gun that was in her purse and shot her

Source 1

Veronica Rutledge was an accomplished nuclear research scientist and a mother. She was also a gun enthusiast, who along with her husband hunted, attended shooting ranges, and owned a concealed carry permit, toting her gun with her at all times

Even among well-trained gun owners, it may simply be too great a risk to keep a firearm on you at all times... ...near children, dogs or other people

Source 2

I'm surprised I didn't see this already.
Anyway long story short, a woman was carrying a concealed-carry gun in her purse and her 2-year-old fatally shot her with it.

I'm all for people being allowed to own and carry guns, but this incident probably deserves some discussion about potential lines that should or should not be drawn in regards to owning weapons around children. This woman, someone who was apparently very intelligent and trained in the use of firearms, is now dead, because despite her training and care, her two year old child gained access to her gun and accidentally shot her with it. No matter how careful people are with their firearms, there may come a point in time where those firearms become accessible to children.
Like I said before, I'm all for owning guns. But I don't think they should be accessible to two-year-olds. Did this woman do something wrong ATS, or was this just a freak accident?
edit on 12/31/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/31/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I'm surprised I didn't see this already.

Me too. It was posted yesterday.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Please add to the discussion already in progress here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join