It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bigfoot in Britain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The in-laws just mentioned this to me, and i'm sitting about a mile from where the "sighting" happened having spent the last couple of days at theirs...

So I looked up the story and found this report, apparently not shared on ATS yet:

Could these startling pictures be evidence that Bigfoot is lurking in the British countryside?

The eerie image appears to show a large shadowy figure looming menacingly behind a tree in a Lincolnshire woods.

Bigfoot enthusiast Adam Bird, 31, captured the picture while out walking in Friskney nature reserve and said he was stunned to spot the shadowy figure staring back at him from the photo.

After hearing of previous Bigfoot sightings at the nature reserve, Adam, from Nottingham, ventured into the woodland in search of clues.

He followed some strange noises and suspiciously large footprints in the woods before capturing what he believes is the mysterious beast on camera

Now sadly imo, a little rational thinking and local knowledge blows this particular report well into the "bad journalism" bracket.

The so-called nature reserve is little over an acre in size and not densely wooded. The local area is pretty much all mono-culture farmland, as flat as a pancake as far as the eye can see and only has small woods - as well as being well populated with many villages, roads and farm workers.

And yet.....

Adam, co-founder of the British Bigfoot Research organisation, believes the shadowy figure could be the most convincing evidence that it's living in Britain yet.

He said: "My investigators and I were tipped off that this small patch of woodland in Friskney could be a hotspot for Bigfoot beasts.

"There is at least one reported sighting here, so we decided to check it out.

"We stayed there for a few hours that day and felt watched and followed the whole time.

Source - Yup, it's The Daily Mirror

Wow, a few hours in an acre of woodland, and already you see Bigfoot.... a hotspot indeed!

Just sharing for fun really, I don't see how this could be viewed as a credible sighting at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

if thats the best evidence - its time to give up now

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yep, it must have been a really slow news day!

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if thats the best evidence - its time to give up now

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That just looks like a blurry , bipedal figure in the background,
it could be anything, a chav in a hoody, a really hairy guy out dogging
that lost his party, bigfoot having a pint, anything really.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Brain Blessed president of the Council for National Parks in the UK is convinced something exists, he was on radio 4 a few years back recounting tales of folklore and regular sightings from the Himalayas, people probably just want to drive tourism though. But until I see one IN A CAGE FOR MY AMUSEMENT AND CURIOSITY then meh.
edit on 25-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No he is not.

Looks more like a bin bag hanging off a branch, which is more typical in Britain than a Bigfoot on tour.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Without a comparison photo of the scene meh
However if it's a foreign object I'd go with bird watcher/ sniper geek in a ghillie

But whatever it is I'm not disagreeing with Brian Blessed, he could be half Bigfoot

edit on 25-12-2014 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2014 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yah, kinda like the Hound of the Baskervilles stories there better. Big foot is North American fable.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
maybe he just walked over during a nice freeze?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Bigfoot has been spotted in the White House. It also wants to be known as Michelle.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr Big foot is North American fable.

Oh?

Sasquatch
We all know this one. Maybe viewed by some as more representative of the Pacific Northwest, really it’s pretty much interchangeable with “Bigfoot”.

Yeti
Stalking the regions around the Himalayas, and sometimes called the Abominable Snowman.

Yowie
From the outback of Australia.

Skunk Ape
The Bigfoot of the Southern US.

Orang Pendek
From Sumatra.

Yeren
This creature lives in the forests of China, and is described as something very close to Bigfoot in size and appearance.

So yeah, Bigfoot is not some isolated "Fable" to the Pacific Northwest specifically. Hes all over the globe. There are other names for him too in other places around the globe that I did not mention, so I just mentioned the well knowns. Sometimes when you don't understand a topic, its best not to speak.

edit on 26-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

So yeah, Bigfoot is not some isolated "Fable" to the Pacific Northwest specifically. Hes all over the globe. There are other names for him too in other places around the globe that I did not mention, so I just mentioned the well knowns. Sometimes when you don't understand a topic, its best not to speak.

You believe whatever you want. I said it months ago when they started Big foot reality TV. Here we are.

Show me one bone, one scat, one tooth, one burial. Any thing.

Until then there is as much voracity as there is for tinker bell.

CX

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I live in a forest village in the New Forest where ponies, cows, donkeys and pigs roam the forest free, I could take a picture any day of the week where a large horse had its back to me through the trees and would look like that.

Wrong as that probably sounds, I mean from a distance. :-)

CX.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Is Bigfoot in Britain?

There are exactly the same number of Bigoot(s) in Britain, as there are in the US.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Brain Blessed president of the Council for National Parks in the UK is convinced something exists, he was on radio 4 a few years back recounting tales of folklore and regular sightings from the Himalayas, people probably just want to drive tourism though. But until I see one IN A CAGE FOR MY AMUSEMENT AND CURIOSITY then meh.

BRAIN BLESSED, YOU MEAN THE SHAKEASPEAR ACTOR WITH THE BIG VOICE.....I SAY INDEED.

Or Brian Blessed anyway....bless his cotton socks..Is he still ALIVE???
Why Hasnt he been on Star Trek or X men or Lord of rings....etc.....a TRAVESTY I TELL YOU.....A TRAVESTY!!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
You believe whatever you want. I said it months ago when they started Big foot reality TV. Here we are.

Show me one bone, one scat, one tooth, one burial. Any thing.

Until then there is as much voracity as there is for tinker bell.

Where I live there are 64.1 million hominids surrounding me. I have yet to see one bone, piece of scat or tooth lying around waiting to be discovered. And the only burials I've witnessed firsthand involved close relatives and friends. I've never seen anyone outside of that circle being buried or attending a burial ceremony of any description.

Does this mean they don't exist? Of course not. It means they're organised enough to leaving bits of dead body or fecal matter lying around is probably not a good idea.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

Where I live there are 64.1 million hominids surrounding me. I have yet to see one bone, piece of scat or tooth lying around waiting to be discovered.

Thats because they have a big foot coroner at the big foot morgue that the big foot ambulances deliver them to after the big foot family calls up when a member of their big foot community dies…

join