It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amber Vinson lawyers up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiguelTheMagician
a reply to: queenofswords
... Martin represented NFL star Michael Vick...

Oh wow.

A super classy lawyer too.
edit on 20-10-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 20-10-2014 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well - this whole "blame the health care worker" spin is rather ridiculous...
I just spent three days mixing-about with a cousin-in-law...that also works in that hospital.
Said 'cousin-in-law' flew to my daughter's wedding (3 days in a metropolitan complex)...missed the return flight on the 4th day...and had to drive a van-load of guests 7 hours back to their home/s.
Said 'cousin-in-law' had no particular instructions...not to fly/go...anywhere.

Doesn't seem that the CDC put much effort into making these protocols & standards of conduct known to the hospital staff.
I hope Amber's parents, uhhhhh...get some things straightened out.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Was your cousin-in-law involved directly with the Ebola patient? I don't think any others working at that hospital would have been under the CDC protocols.

edit on 20-10-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
I doubt it...
Oddly - I only knew they worked in/with some medical facility in the DFW area...prior to 'the awesome news' that came from the actual cousin, a short way into the weekend.
I figured that it was too late, by then...to start worrying about it.
I do not suspect that said "in-law" was carrying...
If they were (or had been), it doesn't take much imagination to see how that virus could quickly spread across the nation, as well as to France, Great Britain and South America...in a flash.

As to "personally caring" for the victim - I doubt it...but neither did I probe.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Look. It's simple common sense. If you are in direct contact with someone who has Ebola, you should self-quarantine for 21 days whatever the CDC tells you or not. It's about not potentially exposing people to the disease should you suddenly start to fall ill while you are out and about; it's a basic courtesy to them because if you do start to fall ill, then they have to undergo a 21 day quarantine just to be sure you didn't manage to make them ill.

Now, I understand that it becomes increasingly unlikely for people to become infected as the quarantine circle works its way outward. Those who were in direct contact with Duncan were most at risk. Those who were in direct contact with Pham and Vinson are at a much lesser degree of risk because their infections were caught so early, but they still need to quarantine so that the infection/quarantine cycle doesn't begin again.

You would think that any health care worker would understand this.

Now, I'll bet that the worker you were talking about was not in contact with Duncan or his infectious fluids. Simply being in the same building means nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I both agree and disagree with you.
Simple common sense varies from one person to the next...so, there's nothing simple or common about it.
Here's the question... As soon as I was informed of where the 'in-law' worked...should I have dropped everything, called the local hospital and said - "I might be infected...come and get me"?
I don't know.
We expect a whole lot more out of EVERYONE-ELSE than we do OURSELVES when it comes to such issues.
What happens when you have to call your employer with - "Sorry - I can't come in to work, today...and might be absent for the next 21-or-so days...because I came into contact with someone that might have contracted ebola."
Do they say - "Well now... I'm so glad to have an employee employing simple common sense... We'll be glad to have you back, when you're given the thumbs-up..."?
What about the landlord, and utilities companies, and IRS, and auto-finance companies, and insurance and...etc... ?
They do not care about 'simple common sense'. They care only for Money!
What about the other bellies & diapers and so-on, that one must provide for... ?

During flu season...when you're in the supermarket, selecting and purchasing your needed supplies - and people are sniffling, sneezing & coughing all over the place - do you go home, immediately, and quarantine yourself...regardless of the cost to you and/or your family?
I've gone to Doctor visits...where almost everyone in the waiting room looked & sounded like they were dying...

You may have left out a bit in the opening statement...that was intended... And...it seemed incomplete...to me...
If every healthcare worker that came into contact (personal attendance) with an Ebola patient were to immediately sequester themselves...in short order, there would be no healthcare workers left to take care of anyone-else...
Seems like simple math.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well, here's the deal - everyone in direct contact with Duncan was put on leave and paid, so they had no issue with that, neither did Snyderman at NBC. She and her crew were also being paid while they quarantined.

So again, if your cousin was supposed to be on paid leave staying at home and took advantage of that to come to a family function and potentially put all of you at risk ... what was your cousin thinking? Why was he so selfish? Wasn't he aware that none of you were going to get paid leave from your bosses if he gets sick and you all have to stay home?

When I was very young, I had to quarantined because I and an entire camp load of kids was exposed to hepatitis. I don't remember my parents breaking that quarantine. They were very scrupulous about it even though they knew that the chances I'd get it were miniscule, but if I did get sick and the quarantine was broken, then they'd have to repeat it for all of them and everyone else they'd exposed by letting me break the quarantine.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
...Well, here's the deal - everyone in direct contact with Duncan was put on leave and paid, so they had no issue with that, neither did Snyderman at NBC. She and her crew were also being paid while they quarantined.

I'm having to guess &/or read between the lines, here...so, excuse me if I get it wrong...
If - 'everyone in direct contact with an Ebola sufferer should be placed on leave and paid' - how many patients would have been treated in West Africa...before all The Help were on paid leave?
It is only a 'sensible' policy/protocol if or when the instance of infection is - one (or some reasonably small #) for a given region.

Trust me --- Had I known at ANY Time before the wedding, that said 'in-law-cousin' worked in that hospital...I would have inquired, with serious concern.
Unfortunately, I was unaware until the threshold had been breached.

Do I think the nurse should have gone home...for wedding preparations?
No ---
Then again, I don't place the kind of emphasis/value on "weddings" as a Bride-To-Be might.

On the other hand --- & - back to real life --- If it were me - and "the experts in charge"...had told me what to do...and if...I am servant to a system that demands allegiance to "the experts" - - - the odds that I'm okay should be in my favor.
I shouldn't have to worry about being infected.
I'm a professional.
I knew this was a vicious disease when treating the patient.

'The experts', 'expert advice', 'expert instruction' and 'expert care'...should have invested as much consideration into this nurse's (and all others that might have been affected by this patient) life and health, as that of the patient.
And - in studying any discipline - isn't that what you expect from 'the masters/teachers/officials/etc...'?
...That the set of instructions given...for any/every task...has given your safety as much consideration as the task's objective?

Again - in hindsight - I do not think the nurse should have taken the trip.
But - if we knew everything that EVERY individual that participated in the care of the victim did (or - has done) from the date of first contact, 'til last contact, and 21 (or more) days after...do you think there would be even one that has not 'slipped up'?
edit on 10/21/2014 by WanDash because: completing a thought

top topics

<< 1   >>

join